Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Thread: Henrik Hedde - editing advice

  1. #41
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    Hi Dana, thank you very much for your help!
    At which point is a photo considered "manipulated"? In that first picture I removed a tiny part of a lamppost (not bigger than a bird) in the bottom corner to make it look better eventually (even though I obviously misused the cloning stamp ) So is it better to leave a tiny object, whatever it might be, in the photo than removing it? Would be glad if you could help me out in that point as I'm a bit unsure
    Please do not alter the photo in any way by removing (or adding) part of the frame. As I mentioned, doing so will result in a warning being placed on your account, follwed by a reduction in upload slots, and then ban if such activity is continued.

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    Here are another five pictures I would love to get some advice on.

    Attachment 17363
    Attachment 17364
    Attachment 17365
    Attachment 17366
    Attachment 17367

    Many thanks in advance and have a nice day everybody!

    //Henrik
    1. also seems to be a bad edit top left. I again refer you to what may happen as stated above.
    2. overprocessed (editing halos)
    3. borderline contrast
    4. overprocessed/bad edit above nose. once again, use such editing at your own risk
    5. contrast

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Hello!
    I would like to get some advice on the following photos. Are they good to upload or are there any issues I should try to fix?

    Many thanks in advance

    //Henrik

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ei-dht.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	661.4 KB 
ID:	25192
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-AECG.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	608.9 KB 
ID:	25193
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-AINN.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	809.7 KB 
ID:	25194
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EI-EKP.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	638.4 KB 
ID:	25195

  3. #43
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    Hello!
    I would like to get some advice on the following photos. Are they good to upload or are there any issues I should try to fix?

    Many thanks in advance

    //Henrik

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ei-dht.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	661.4 KB 
ID:	25192
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-AECG.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	608.9 KB 
ID:	25193
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-AINN.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	809.7 KB 
ID:	25194
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EI-EKP.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	638.4 KB 
ID:	25195
    1. horizon, dark, looks like poor dust removal in sky
    2-3 ok
    4. borderline horizon (CW)

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Hi!
    Thank you very much for your advice, I've tried to improve shot number 1, does it look better now? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ei-dht2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	669.9 KB 
ID:	25208
    Furthermore I'm unsure about this one. (Hope it's ok to split the 5 shots/24h)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d-aigv.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	604.8 KB 
ID:	25209

    Many thanks in advance for any advice

    //Henrik

  5. #45
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    Hi!
    Thank you very much for your advice, I've tried to improve shot number 1, does it look better now? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ei-dht2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	669.9 KB 
ID:	25208
    Furthermore I'm unsure about this one. (Hope it's ok to split the 5 shots/24h)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d-aigv.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	604.8 KB 
ID:	25209

    Many thanks in advance for any advice

    //Henrik
    Other than dust spots, both would be acceptable for me.

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    (VE, not VD)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000649.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	335.4 KB 
ID:	25261
    Stupid fence - you had a better position

  7. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Definitely yes :/

    Thanks a lot Dana for your help. What about these two?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6-EOW.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	561.7 KB 
ID:	25431 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-AXXX.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	469.8 KB 
ID:	25432

    Thanks a lot in advance!

    //Henrik

  8. #48
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    Definitely yes :/

    Thanks a lot Dana for your help. What about these two?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6-EOW.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	561.7 KB 
ID:	25431 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-AXXX.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	469.8 KB 
ID:	25432

    Thanks a lot in advance!

    //Henrik
    Both a bit dark/contrasty and editing halos visible, especially on the second.

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Good evening,

    I've got a few pictures that I'm unsure about - any advice is appreciated

    Many thanks in advance!

    //Henrik
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g-fbxe.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	507.6 KB 
ID:	26641
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ph-bxp.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	708.4 KB 
ID:	26642
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TF-ISX.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	553.1 KB 
ID:	26643
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tc-jsi.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	672.4 KB 
ID:	26644
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G-FBXD.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	426.8 KB 
ID:	26645

  10. #50
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    Good evening,

    I've got a few pictures that I'm unsure about - any advice is appreciated

    Many thanks in advance!

    //Henrik
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g-fbxe.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	507.6 KB 
ID:	26641
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ph-bxp.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	708.4 KB 
ID:	26642
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TF-ISX.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	553.1 KB 
ID:	26643
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tc-jsi.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	672.4 KB 
ID:	26644
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G-FBXD.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	426.8 KB 
ID:	26645
    1-2 vignetting
    3. contrast. not fixable.
    4. horizon, borderline vignetting
    5. soft, vignetting

  11. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Hi Dana,
    thanks a lot for your help!

    What can I do about the vignetting? Is it somehow fixable?

    Do these pictures look better or do they have similar problems? Thanks for any advice.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yl-aar.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	740.7 KB 
ID:	26676
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VT-ANL.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	590.9 KB 
ID:	26677
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yr-bmi.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	687.9 KB 
ID:	26678
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sx-dna.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	744.9 KB 
ID:	26679
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ES-ACK.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	731.7 KB 
ID:	26680

    //Henrik

  12. #52
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    What can I do about the vignetting? Is it somehow fixable?
    Easy: don't shoot with the aperture wide open. The wider the aperture, the more likely you are to see vignetting issues. These are all in the f/5-5.6 range, which I assume is near wide-open for your lens. The newer batch is indeed better, almost certainly because they were instead shot in the f/7.1-8.0 range. A couple of them have strange edit in the upper left and/or a yellow-green tint (second also dark), but otherwise should be acceptable.

  13. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Thank you very much Dana, glad that the vignetting didn't affect the other pictures

    I'm unsure about this A380, is it acceptable?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6-EOV.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	691.8 KB 
ID:	26926

  14. #54
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    Thank you very much Dana, glad that the vignetting didn't affect the other pictures

    I'm unsure about this A380, is it acceptable?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6-EOV.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	691.8 KB 
ID:	26926
    Unsure on the horizon (might need a touch of CW), but otherwise should be ok.

  15. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Hi Dana,
    thanks for your help! I've tried to improve the picture, does it look good now? And what about the other two?

    Thank you very much in advance
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emirates2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	694.0 KB 
ID:	27567
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YU-APF.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	473.4 KB 
ID:	27568
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SP-LNN.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	545.6 KB 
ID:	27569

  16. #56
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    Hi Dana,
    thanks for your help! I've tried to improve the picture, does it look good now? And what about the other two?

    Thank you very much in advance
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emirates2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	694.0 KB 
ID:	27567
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YU-APF.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	473.4 KB 
ID:	27568
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SP-LNN.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	545.6 KB 
ID:	27569
    1. borderline overexposed
    2. contrast, soft
    3. obstruction, overprocessed, dirty

  17. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Hi Dana thanks for your help with the pictures, I reckon the second two may not be fixable then..

    I've had two rejections yesterday and would like to improve them.

    1st https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7526443
    I guess some cw rotation and a bit more contrast should do, what do you think?

    2nd https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7526476
    really unsure about this one, I had a good remark by the screener saying "way too much dead space above the wing. For such a photo, you better try something different, for example the classic rule of thirds." yet I'm not quite sure what do to with it. If I'm cropping it differently the wing will not be centered but I certainly wouldn't have the "dead space" problem. I've seen quite a few wing view photos recently that are actually not having the plane part centered but rather focussing on an interesting background (which in my view makes the photo better indeed) but can I do that?

    Any advice is welcome, thank you very much in advance

    //Henrik

  18. #58
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    Hi Dana thanks for your help with the pictures, I reckon the second two may not be fixable then..

    I've had two rejections yesterday and would like to improve them.

    1st https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7526443
    I guess some cw rotation and a bit more contrast should do, what do you think?

    2nd https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7526476
    really unsure about this one, I had a good remark by the screener saying "way too much dead space above the wing. For such a photo, you better try something different, for example the classic rule of thirds." yet I'm not quite sure what do to with it. If I'm cropping it differently the wing will not be centered but I certainly wouldn't have the "dead space" problem. I've seen quite a few wing view photos recently that are actually not having the plane part centered but rather focussing on an interesting background (which in my view makes the photo better indeed) but can I do that?

    Any advice is welcome, thank you very much in advance

    //Henrik
    1. contrast looks ok to me, but yes, a little brightening and CW rotation should improve it some.
    2. a subjective opinion, but I would also agree with that screener; too much empty space above for a portrait orientation. Better to use landscape, or at least center it differently.

  19. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Hi Dana, thanks for your help. Did I understood you right, that the 319 window picture could also have been accepted but the screener just didn't like the way it was cropped?
    I've tried to improve both pictures and have cropped the A319 differently. Hope you think they're better now.

    Have got three other pictures as well that I'm unsure about. Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day/evening
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SP-LIK2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	962.1 KB 
ID:	28338
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	serbia2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	960.4 KB 
ID:	28339
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sp-lik_CP.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	789.7 KB 
ID:	28340
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VT-ANA.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	410.1 KB 
ID:	28341
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d-lzzf.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	396.2 KB 
ID:	28342

  20. #60
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    Hi Dana, thanks for your help. Did I understood you right, that the 319 window picture could also have been accepted but the screener just didn't like the way it was cropped?
    Correct, but I agree with that decision, and I'd bet most other screeners would as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    I've tried to improve both pictures and have cropped the A319 differently. Hope you think they're better now.

    Have got three other pictures as well that I'm unsure about. Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day/evening
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SP-LIK2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	962.1 KB 
ID:	28338
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	serbia2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	960.4 KB 
ID:	28339
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sp-lik_CP.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	789.7 KB 
ID:	28340
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VT-ANA.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	410.1 KB 
ID:	28341
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d-lzzf.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	396.2 KB 
ID:	28342
    1-2 ok for me
    3. borderline centering/crop
    4. borderline contrast
    5. borderline glare/overexposed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •