Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Editing Advice - YULplanespotting

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Both still quite soft (would probably also benefit from increased contrast as well). Vignetting and at least one dust spot above engine remain on TS.
    Hello again, is this version any better? For TS I think I removed the dust spot you were talking about, but am not sure as to whether or not I actually removed it, or if just staring at the picture too long tricked me into seeing things. I did use the "visualize spots" tool in Lightroom to see if I could spot it, but couldn't really see anything that didn't look like a cloud formation from the background. Also, seeing as it has been 24 hours since I first sent these pictures in (please correct me if I'm wrong), I was wondering if you could also have a look at the KLM A330 below. Thanks again for the insight and help!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060911-1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	494.5 KB 
ID:	26474Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060825-1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	500.3 KB 
ID:	26475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060870-1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	533.6 KB 
ID:	26476

  2. #22
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YULplanespotting View Post
    Hello again, is this version any better? For TS I think I removed the dust spot you were talking about, but am not sure as to whether or not I actually removed it, or if just staring at the picture too long tricked me into seeing things. I did use the "visualize spots" tool in Lightroom to see if I could spot it, but couldn't really see anything that didn't look like a cloud formation from the background. Also, seeing as it has been 24 hours since I first sent these pictures in (please correct me if I'm wrong), I was wondering if you could also have a look at the KLM A330 below. Thanks again for the insight and help!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060911-1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	494.5 KB 
ID:	26474Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060825-1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	500.3 KB 
ID:	26475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060870-1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	533.6 KB 
ID:	26476
    All images still soft, especially the first two.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    All images still soft, especially the first two.
    Hello again, sorry for being a bit annoying with this specific batch of pictures, but are these any better regarding the softness? At this point, is it more of a blurry type of problem, or is it really just softness? Also, for the previous issues regarding TS (dust spots, vignetting), have those been fixed or are they still there? Thanks once again for your insightful comments, it's much appreciated!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060911-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	515.0 KB 
ID:	26495Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060825-1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	522.8 KB 
ID:	26496Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060870-1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	567.9 KB 
ID:	26497

  4. #24
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YULplanespotting View Post
    Hello again, sorry for being a bit annoying with this specific batch of pictures, but are these any better regarding the softness? At this point, is it more of a blurry type of problem, or is it really just softness? Also, for the previous issues regarding TS (dust spots, vignetting), have those been fixed or are they still there? Thanks once again for your insightful comments, it's much appreciated!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060911-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	515.0 KB 
ID:	26495Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060825-1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	522.8 KB 
ID:	26496Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060870-1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	567.9 KB 
ID:	26497
    These are better, but would still likely be rejected for soft. Without seeing the originals, I couldn't tell you exactly what the issue was.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    These are better, but would still likely be rejected for soft. Without seeing the originals, I couldn't tell you exactly what the issue was.
    Alright, I've attempted to fix the softness once again. Are they passable this time around, or do they still suffer from the same issue?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060911-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	546.8 KB 
ID:	26506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060825-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	556.2 KB 
ID:	26507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060870-1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	599.4 KB 
ID:	26508

  6. #26
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YULplanespotting View Post
    Alright, I've attempted to fix the softness once again. Are they passable this time around, or do they still suffer from the same issue?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060911-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	546.8 KB 
ID:	26506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060825-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	556.2 KB 
ID:	26507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060870-1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	599.4 KB 
ID:	26508
    Yes all still soft, the first two especially.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Hello again! I'm back with some more pictures. Would any of these be accepted into the database? Thanks once again in advance for the tips!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070404-Edit-2-Edit-1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	524.7 KB 
ID:	26702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070434-Edit-2-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	499.3 KB 
ID:	26703Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070461-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	611.4 KB 
ID:	26704Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070469-1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	695.7 KB 
ID:	26705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070526-Edit-1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	553.6 KB 
ID:	26706

  8. #28
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YULplanespotting View Post
    Hello again! I'm back with some more pictures. Would any of these be accepted into the database? Thanks once again in advance for the tips!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070404-Edit-2-Edit-1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	524.7 KB 
ID:	26702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070434-Edit-2-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	499.3 KB 
ID:	26703Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070461-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	611.4 KB 
ID:	26704Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070469-1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	695.7 KB 
ID:	26705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070526-Edit-1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	553.6 KB 
ID:	26706
    Maybe a touch soft for all of them, but may be passable. If not, should be easy to fix.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Maybe a touch soft for all of them, but may be passable. If not, should be easy to fix.
    Are these any better?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070404-Edit-2-Edit-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	546.8 KB 
ID:	26712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070434-Edit-2-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	514.2 KB 
ID:	26713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070461-1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	635.4 KB 
ID:	26714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070469-1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	739.0 KB 
ID:	26715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070526-Edit-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	568.2 KB 
ID:	26716

  10. #30
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YULplanespotting View Post
    Are these any better?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070404-Edit-2-Edit-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	546.8 KB 
ID:	26712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070434-Edit-2-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	514.2 KB 
ID:	26713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070461-1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	635.4 KB 
ID:	26714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070469-1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	739.0 KB 
ID:	26715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070526-Edit-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	568.2 KB 
ID:	26716
    Some of them starting to get a bit noisy, but still borderline acceptable for me.

  11. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Some of them starting to get a bit noisy, but still borderline acceptable for me.
    Are these still acceptable? I've sort of tried to cut back on the slight adjustment I made for the last batch which resulted in some starting to get a bit noisy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070404-Edit-2-Edit-1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	535.4 KB 
ID:	26728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070434-Edit-2-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	503.0 KB 
ID:	26729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070461-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	619.4 KB 
ID:	26730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070469-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	677.4 KB 
ID:	26731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070526-Edit-1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	559.4 KB 
ID:	26732

  12. #32
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YULplanespotting View Post
    Are these still acceptable? I've sort of tried to cut back on the slight adjustment I made for the last batch which resulted in some starting to get a bit noisy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070404-Edit-2-Edit-1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	535.4 KB 
ID:	26728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070434-Edit-2-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	503.0 KB 
ID:	26729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070461-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	619.4 KB 
ID:	26730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070469-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	677.4 KB 
ID:	26731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070526-Edit-1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	559.4 KB 
ID:	26732
    Same as before, borderline soft. Noise is only really an issue for #4, and I'd suggest lowering the ISO next time you shoot on a sunny day like that. No need to have ISO400 & 1/4000 shutter speed to capture these aircraft.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •