Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When you appeal....

JetPhotos.Net Crew

In any case, we are working on having the number of slots available tied more closely to your acceptance rate, rather than number of rejections or previous membership status. Hopefully that will level the playing field while still encouraging uploaders to be diligent with what they are uploading.

Quote Originally Posted by dfu View Post
    Regardless of that, I still think blocking slots for almost twice as long as the queue is just overdone. Three days, ok. A week, well... But two? That's just punishment for not uploading perfect pictures from the start, and I'm not sure if you even realize how demotivating that is. Yes, I know prescreening exists, but that's not for everyone, as it's public.
    "Good things come to those who wait", and here, learn.

Trust me, I was not more than a complete retarded demanding beginner a few months ago, when I uploaded ~10 pictures which were all rejected. Now I have 73 with ratio 65%, and 1920px allowance.

Seriously, you need a break. And learn from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by QuocTrungTran View Post
    Seriously, you need a break. And learn from the past.
    Thanks for the lecture, I really needed that.

This isn't really about me, anyhow, I don't think that block (or the inability to correct minor issues faster) makes other "beginners" very happy, either.

I still can not wrap my head around the mindset that thought blocking slots for two weeks was a good idea. 24 hours, sure, 3 days, ok... But two weeks? That's just cruel, sadistic punishment for imperfection. But maybe that could be done even better... How about removing one slot with each rejection? And when they are all gone, the account gets disabled. That'll teach them...

Quote Originally Posted by dfu View Post
    I still can not wrap my head around the mindset that thought blocking slots for two weeks was a good idea. 24 hours, sure, 3 days, ok... But two weeks? That's just cruel, sadistic punishment for imperfection. But maybe that could be done even better... How about removing one slot with each rejection? And when they are all gone, the account gets disabled. That'll teach them...
    Do you want the queue to be 40 days long, instead?

Perhaps an option would be to tie the time to the acceptance ratio of the photographer?

Maybe something like:

Under 66%= 14 days
    67-80%=7 days
    over 80%= 3 days

Don't know how possible that is but would seem to promote better photos while not being "unfair".

Quote Originally Posted by northstardc4m View Post
    Perhaps an option would be to tie the time to the acceptance ratio of the photographer?

Maybe something like:

Under 66%= 14 days
    67-80%=7 days
    over 80%= 3 days
    Don't know how possible that is but would seem to promote better photos while not being "unfair".
    This would have the opposite effect - people with high acceptance rates won't need that, and they also usually have more slots.
    What you propose would again punish unfairly....