This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting new airports and aircraft.

Many people request new airports and new aircraft additions when they are already in the database. The following notes should help you to decide whether or not a request is necessary.

Airports.
    The first thing to do is to go to the upload page and enter the ICAO four letter code in the appropriate field. Click on autofill and if the airport is already in the database the data will appear. Do not enter the airport name as just one letter incorrect, including accents will cause the airport not to show.
    If the airport data does not show then its addition needs to be requested. When requesting a new airport enter the name of the airport AND the ICAO code like this. Make sure that you correctly spell everything and preferably do not use accented letters as our software does not always recognise these.

London Heathrow - EGLL

Then enter the country...

United Kingdom

Finally, enter the ICAO code again

EGLL

Aircraft.
    If you are requesting an aircraft that already has images of the type in the database then it is highly likely that the type is already in the database . Common errors are confusing Airbus Helicopters, Aérospatiale (AS prefix) and Eurocopter (EC prefix). Agusta Westland have AW prefixes. Other common errors revolve around the fact that we have some generic headings such as Homebuilt Aircraft (used for Homebuilt kits such as Vans) and some rather obvious types such as Gliding Aircraft and Ultralight Aircraft. We also have Lighter-than-Air Aircraft (balloons) and Gliding Aircraft. Be careful with your spelling and the use of numbers. For instance the Mark 9 Spitfire is written as Spitfire MkIX.

Follow these simple guidelines and we can all save each other a lot of time.
    Thank you.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Dear JP Team,
    Can you help me to find in the database the "Folder" model of Nando Groppo builder?
    Here the link at the Groppo website:
    La nostra azienda è nata nel 1993 a Mezzana Bigli ed è specializzata nella progettazione, produzione e vendita di velivoli ultraleggeri.

Thank you for the reply.
    Giuseppe

Comment

Hi, I have been trying to add a new aircraft type but the first time was rejected with NO reason:

Your submission for new aircraft

Builder: Airplane Factory
      Type : Airplane Factory Sling 4
      Model :
      was rejected.
      Screener comments

The second time was rejected as:

Your submission for new aircraft
      Builder: Airplane Factory
      Type : Airplane Factory Sling TSi
      Model :
      was rejected.

Screener comments: Under homebuilt

For both of them I have included the reference and link of the plane manufacter and model specifications, however Not understand what can be doing wrong.
      Both times I submitted the model but seems to be empty in the email sent by DBCorrections.

Here is the information from the aircraft:

Comment

See the remark. Should be under homebuilt aircraft.
        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Upload it as..

Homebuilt Aircraft
          The Airplane Factory
          Sling TSi

Comment

Hi,

I had requested for a new aircraft model and type to be added to the database as follows:
            Manufacturer: Interstate
            Type: Interstate TDR
            Model: Interstate TDR-1

However it is now showing in the database as:
            Type: Interstate S-1
            Model: Interstate TDR1

I want to add a type (Interstate TDR) and probably can see where the problem came from. When I select Manufacturer as 'Interstate' it automatically fills the type as 'Interstate S-1' and I am unable to change this or as the instruction on page says 'If the type is not in the list, select NEW TYPE and type in the new aircraft type'. There is no option called 'NEW TYPE' and I had entered 'Interstate TDR' in the text box. Can you please correct this entry? It would also be good to fix the 'Add Aircraft' form to allow new types to be submitted for creation.

Thanks and regards,
            Siddarth

Comment

Originally posted by Siddarth.Bhandary View Post
              Hi,

I had requested for a new aircraft model and type to be added to the database as follows:
              Type: Interstate TDR
              Model: Interstate TDR-1

However it is now showing in the database as:
              Type: Interstate S-1
              Model: Interstate TDR1

I want to add a type (Interstate TDR) and probably can see where the problem came from. When I select Manufacturer as 'Interstate' it automatically fills the type as 'Interstate S-1' and I am unable to change this or as the instruction on page says 'If the type is not in the list, select NEW TYPE and type in the new aircraft type'. There is no option called 'NEW TYPE' and I had entered 'Interstate TDR' in the text box. Can you please correct this entry? It would also be good to fix the 'Add Aircraft' form to allow new types to be submitted for creation.
              Any help on fixing this? I can try to re-create a new request using 'Add Aircraft' form, but it will probably end up creating the same issue.

Comment

I have requested the addition of....

Interstate

Interstate TDR

Interstate TDR-1

Screeners please note that the TDR-1 is a drone which is not a development of the S1 model. The S-1 is a high wing trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                  I have requested the addition of....

Interstate

Interstate TDR

Interstate TDR-1

Screeners please note that the TDR-1 is a drone which is not a development of the S1 model. The S-1 is a high wing trainer.
                  Oh well, that was rejected without any screener comment despite the existing entry being incorrect. TDR1 is at least in the database even though it is linked to the incorrect model.

Comment

The entry is corrected accordingly

Erwin

Comment

Thanks very much Erwin.

Comment

Thanks Brian and Erwin. Have a nice Sunday.

Comment

Dear Data Screener, some 10 days ago I requested multiple airports to be added and haven't heard anything since. Any chance to get an indication about when this would be ready to use? There was no e.mail yet indicating the additions are completed.

Among others I also added EDRF. This airport keeps showing up in no less than three wrong versions and I'm fighting for the past 9 months to get that sorted. Again, that's not the only addition.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair View Post
                            Dear Data Screener, some 10 days ago I requested multiple airports to be added and haven't heard anything since. Any chance to get an indication about when this would be ready to use? There was no e.mail yet indicating the additions are completed.

Among others I also added EDRF. This airport keeps showing up in no less than three wrong versions and I'm fighting for the past 9 months to get that sorted. Again, that's not the only addition.

Thanks in advance.
                            I cant see any request you made?

And I did my best for EDRF. I cant seem to change it. Question is out to the IT guru's

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                              I cant see any request you made?
                              I'm giving it a try again. Has an Umlaut in it, be prepared
                              Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                              And I did my best for EDRF. I cant seem to change it. Question is out to the IT guru's
                              Thanks, really eager to see a solution in the Umlaut saga for a while now bunch of pics from EDRF waiting to go in but given there's only wrong info available I'm saving everyone the hassle of post-acceptance corrections...
                              Last edited by bleuair; 2019-03-03, 23:37.

Comment

Working...
                              X