aidanosb94 - rejections/editing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aidanosb94 - rejections/editing help

"Too much or too little contrast" this reason for rejection drives me nuts as I have no idea how to re-edit to fix the photo. I've tried submitting the below photos quite a few times with different contrast settings and keep getting that reason for rejection, but I don't know if I have too much or too little contrast so have no idea how to fix them. Would love some input. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	AO2_0959.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	670.1 KB
ID:	1045619Click image for larger version

Name:	AO2_1089.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	600.1 KB
ID:	1045620

Originally posted by aidanosb94 View Post
    "Too much or too little contrast" this reason for rejection drives me nuts as I have no idea how to re-edit to fix the photo. I've tried submitting the below photos quite a few times with different contrast settings and keep getting that reason for rejection, but I don't know if I have too much or too little contrast so have no idea how to fix them. Would love some input. Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16112[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16113[/ATTACH]
    Too little contrast definitely, and a bit dark. If you are using Photoshop to edit, try using the Curves tool to add brightness while keeping the shadows where they are. Keep an eye on the histogram.

Comment

Originally posted by aidanosb94 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16112[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16113[/ATTACH]
      Shooting in overcast conditions will always be a challenge, and up to a certain point there may simply not be anything you can do with editing to fix what is simply poor lighting conditions. The first lacks any direct light hitting the aircraft, and the second almost looks backlit, which is not something you can fix with editing. If you want to avoid such rejections in the future, trying shooting in better conditions.

Comment

Working...
      X