Hot photo clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot photo clarification

This photo was rejected for being invalid hot by both screeners and admin, while there is a change to the aircraft itself - tail components missing
    There was also a change in ownership, but no livery change, and one of my shots was accepted like that previously.

In the upload guidelines, under hot photo this is written:
    3. Any change to the colour scheme (for example: removal of a special scheme, new stickers) or to the aircraft itself (Winglets, Sharklets)

I'm not sure why a part of the main fuselage being missing is different to having winglets added

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Originally posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
    This photo was rejected for being invalid hot by both screeners and admin, while there is a change to the aircraft itself - tail components missing
    There was also a change in ownership, but no livery change, and one of my shots was accepted like that previously.

In the upload guidelines, under hot photo this is written:
    3. Any change to the colour scheme (for example: removal of a special scheme, new stickers) or to the aircraft itself (Winglets, Sharklets)

I'm not sure why a part of the main fuselage being missing is different to having winglets added

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Can anyone clarify this for me?
    The rule should probably be amended to state this usually only applies to active aircraft. Priority screening is available mostly because FR24 is interested in having the most up to date image for its flight tracking app. It is not quite as interested in seeing every small change made to a retired frame. If a frame is still active, then only permanent changes apply, so new winglets would qualify, but a temporary missing winglet or different color engine cowling, for example, would not.

If you try to think about it objectively, is there any reason we need to see this image a few days earlier than would happen if you put it in the regular queue?

Comment

That makes sense, but until you've changed the rules to explain that, you probably should accept by the rules that we can see. Now I have a rejection that according to the rules should be accepted.

Comment

Like Dana said, it appears very logical that a retired airframe doesn't need to jump the queue but for more clarification we have added "- Note that this is only valid for active aircraft"

Regards
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
          Like Dana said, it appears very logical that a retired airframe doesn't need to jump the queue but for more clarification we have added "- Note that this is only valid for active aircraft"

Regards
          Alex
          Common sense - Practical update

Comment

Working...
          X