Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Are carry-on bags a safety issue?

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    And has nothing to do with having over 11000 hours flying the 747, 100, 200, 300, 400 and -8 and knowledge of the systems.
    Correct. Analysis of wreckage to determine structural failure sequencing of a fuel tank has nothing to do with that.

Having thousands of hours in the field of engineering and being selected as a member of the NTSB's Metallurgy Structures/Sequencing Group should get you some respect though, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Correct. Analysis of wreckage to determine structural failure sequencing of a fuel tank has nothing to do with that.

Having thousands of hours in the field of engineering and being selected as a member of the NTSB's Metallurgy Structures/Sequencing Group should get you some respect though, don't you think?

Forget I ever mentioned it. You probably voted for Trump too.

All I want to know is....How do you fit this fuel tank into a carry-on baggage locker ? And, once there is it a safety issue ?
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

You probably voted for Trump too.
    No need for insults, especially that one. I'm just choosing to believe in the known facts. Trump voters believe whatever they want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by brianw999 View Post
    All I want to know is....How do you fit this fuel tank into a carry-on baggage locker ? And, once there is it a safety issue ?
    Post #45. Trying to make a point, but it went off the rails.

Love it Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    No need for insults, especially that one. I'm just choosing to believe in the known facts. Trump voters believe whatever they want to believe.
    The "alternative facts" is what you are choosing to believe in, which is why I figured you voted for him also.

That is a great idea Evan. You can be sure that everyone that even heard, let alone understood the flight attendants briefing, will abide by this and get off the aircraft in an orderly fashion. Especially when their passport, money and brand new MacBook Pro is in the overhead.
    Once LittleBob said, he will not count his forum entries, numbers are completely unimportant. But as we all know, numbers do count. 2 goals (Denmark) are better than nada!
    Back on topic. And welcome to the good side, the boring side, the "senior" side.

My opinion? - If a MacBook Pro is your one and only computer and you lose it because your life is more important for you, then you might seem like an idiot. But in real life, you are the hero, who ensures that a/c evacuation limit times can be fulfilled. For an A380, imho less than 90 seconds must be enough. And on German TV they showed that this is possible. But you jump out of the emergency exits as you are, without portable computers, of course.

As Evan says, for the unlikely case. Aviation is much safer than the way to the airport.
    LH also has a intercontinental history, the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955.
    A/C type: Lockheed Super Constellation.

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years. Almost a decade here on this platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Pressurization?
    Dude- Not relevant (same to Bobby)...in my totally non expert opinion the bottom of the plane looks blown out...and much more blown out than 5 or whatever PSI it's carrying at 10k feet.

My parlour theory- the outer skin is blown out because the tank inside of it blew out...

One other comment- Bobby's insistence that the tank did not explode is awfully absolute...
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Quote Originally Posted by 3WE View Post
    Dude- Not relevant (same to Bobby)...in my totally non expert opinion the bottom of the plane looks blown out...and much more blown out than 5 or whatever PSI it's carrying at 10k feet.

My parlour theory- the outer skin is blown out because the tank inside of it blew out...

One other comment- Bobby's insistence that the tank did not explode is awfully absolute...

Because Bobby has stood inside the reconstructed tank and has seen it with his own eyes. P.S. LH, "As Evan says, for the unlikely case. Aviation is much safer than the way to the airport." I said that not Evan.

As long as it's been filled with nitrogen, no.
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Leaving your carry on in the locker is a reason why God invented insurance. !!
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Because Bobby has stood inside the reconstructed tank and has seen it with his own eyes. P.S. LH, "As Evan says, for the unlikely case. Aviation is much safer than the way to the airport." I said that not Evan.
    I understand your opinion.

I respect your opinion.

I tend to disagree with your opinion...

BECAUSE

...it LOOKS like a pretty decent blow out on the underside of the planes's outer skin. (Just outside of and around the center fuel tank)

BUT

I am not as absolute about this as you NOR Evan.

Same with politics...don't love The Donald...but didn't like how Hillary erased emails and went after certain 'me-too' folks and called half the country deplorable...again, far from absolute support, but yeah, I voted for el Dom de Trumpo.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.