Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
    I just had this photo rejected today.
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I remember selecting night shot for sure and I believe I selected airport overview but I'm not entirely sure. If there are other categories that should be selected I would love to know which ones. With the cropping rejection, dimensions are 1280x1024. I remember photos I've previously uploaded similar to that ratio being fine as far as that rejection. If the size ratio needs to be changed would it be fine if it was off center to get the tower fully in the frame depending on the crop?
    This is not an Airport Overview. Your image is 1280x1024. At 1280pix wide, the maximum allowed height is 960 (a 4:3 ratio, which your image is well outside of).

Now for question #2
    The attached photo has one thing I'm really worried about. If you look at the right winglet it looks blurred in a bit of an odd way (I call it ghosting) when the rest of the aircraft is sharp. Would this cause a rejection or would it be alright for Jetphotos?[ATTACH=CONFIG]24521[/ATTACH]
    Winglet should not be an issue. Image is soft and a bit dark overall, however.

Comment

Thankyou very much for the help. I'll try and fix these photos.

Comment

About the Crop

Hello,
        I need some help judging which crop is better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6582.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1040411 Click image for larger version

Name:	Different-Crop.jpg
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	1040412

The first photo is centered vertically with a lot of dead space, especially at the bottom. The second photo was cropped closer to the rule of thirds and looks better in my opinion. My problem is that I'm not sure if cropping it closer to the rule of thirds for this angle would cause a rejection.

Thanks for the help,
        Michael

Comment

Hello,
          I need some help judging which crop is better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25869[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]25870[/ATTACH]

The first photo is centered vertically with a lot of dead space, especially at the bottom. The second photo was cropped closer to the rule of thirds and looks better in my opinion. My problem is that I'm not sure if cropping it closer to the rule of thirds for this angle would cause a rejection.

Thanks for the help,
          Michael
          First one.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Silhouette Prescreening

I've got this photo that I just edited. I'm worried mainly about the contrast. The histogram clings to the left and right edges. I don't see any way to get around this with a silhouette. Is there anything wrong lighting wise? I'm also curious. Because I don't see a registration on this plane, should this be uploaded with the ICAO code of the airport in the registration box?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4259.jpg
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	1040849 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-(141).jpg
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	1040850

Thanks for the help,
              Michael

Comment

I've got this photo that I just edited. I'm worried mainly about the contrast. The histogram clings to the left and right edges. I don't see any way to get around this with a silhouette. Is there anything wrong lighting wise? I'm also curious. Because I don't see a registration on this plane, should this be uploaded with the ICAO code of the airport in the registration box?
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]26354[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]26355[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the help,
                Michael
                A bit too much of the frame is dark for me, but that's just my view. Registration of the aircraft should be used, since it takes up more than half of the frame.

Comment

Ok. There are only two numbers on the airplane though: TR 653, and 16653. When I google those numbers I get options for addresses and Scoot flights. That's why I'm thinking airport ICAO code instead of registration. It's on a stand if that info helps any.

Comment

Ok. There are only two numbers on the airplane though: TR 653, and 16653. When I google those numbers I get options for addresses and Scoot flights. That's why I'm thinking airport ICAO code instead of registration. It's on a stand if that info helps any.
                    Unfortunately the onus is on you to have the correct info. I have no idea where the image was taken, nor do I really feel inclined to spend a whole lot of time digging around for it, when you were the one standing next to it. As I said, this does not qualify as an airport overview, so you can stop suggesting the ICAO code.

Comment

Gotcha. I'll do some more digging and see if I can find it. I do have pictures of all the writing on the airplane so hopefully that will help me. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

I just had the following photo rejected for invalid hot.
                        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Screener comment was "change to small to qualify for hot."
                        Change of ownership from subsidiary to subsidiary isn't very noticeable, but it is a very, very big change. This should qualify for hot, shouldn't it? I may just be getting my websites mixed up, and I'm very sorry if I am, but if this doesn't already qualify as hot, I really do think it should.
                        Many thanks for the help,
                        Michael

Comment

I just had the following photo rejected for invalid hot.

Screener comment was "change to small to qualify for hot."
                          Change of ownership from subsidiary to subsidiary isn't very noticeable, but it is a very, very big change. This should qualify for hot, shouldn't it? I may just be getting my websites mixed up, and I'm very sorry if I am, but if this doesn't already qualify as hot, I really do think it should.
                          Many thanks for the help,
                          Michael
                          FR24's hot guidelines are based on wanting up to date images for the app if there are any changes to the appearance of the aircraft. The Compass sticker on the nose has been replaced by a Skywest one, but this is far too small to be easily noticeable, and thus does not qualify for hot.

Comment

Would this framing be acceptable or is this just one for the personal collection? I'm essentially mimicking another photo here (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7249888). In mine, the plane is much smaller and very close to the top edge, and the same applies to the not so clear reflection. There is also a lot of dead space in between the aircraft and its reflection, and I'm not sure the river and the mountains properly fill it for photo standards. Also, upload standards have changed quite a bit since 2011, I'm sure.
                            Thanks, as always, for the useful advice,
                            Michael.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Would this framing be acceptable or is this just one for the personal collection? I'm essentially mimicking another photo here (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7249888). In mine, the plane is much smaller and very close to the top edge, and the same applies to the not so clear reflection. There is also a lot of dead space in between the aircraft and its reflection, and I'm not sure the river and the mountains properly fill it for photo standards. Also, upload standards have changed quite a bit since 2011, I'm sure.
                              Thanks, as always, for the useful advice,
                              Michael.
                              Mmmmm. it kinda works. The off-center is totally fine, though it would be better of course if the reflection was more clear. As it's not really, borderline whether it justifies the aircraft being so small in the frame. For me, that's the only issue (the dead space you mention), the centering would be fine (for me).

Comment

Gotcha. Many thanks for your help dlowwa. I might give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X