No announcement yet.

Editing Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, thanks for the tip. I did take some time to think it over a few months ago and I will have enough money for an upgrade in a few months. So hopefully this will not be a problem for too much longer.

Comment

Do you know if there is another way to reduce noise in the sky that will not result in a rejection?

Comment

Exposure Issue

I recently went spotting with my new D3400 and I have quite a few pictures that appear properly exposed to my eye but the histogram says otherwise. I am still trying to educate myself on reading histograms so I definitely could be wrong. I edited the photo normally (top file) and then took that in again and boosted the exposure to what I believe is correct (bottom file). Hypothetically, if I were to upload one of them which is the correct exposure?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Day 2 037.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	850.3 KB
ID:	1031449

Name:	Exposure.jpg
Size:	940.0 KB
ID:	1031450

Really appreciate the help.
        Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
          I recently went spotting with my new D3400 and I have quite a few pictures that appear properly exposed to my eye but the histogram says otherwise. I am still trying to educate myself on reading histograms so I definitely could be wrong. I edited the photo normally (top file) and then took that in again and boosted the exposure to what I believe is correct (bottom file). Hypothetically, if I were to upload one of them which is the correct exposure?
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]19970[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19971[/ATTACH]

Really appreciate the help.
          Michael
          Michael,

The midterm between both probably be better. I did a minimum adjustment in the levels from the first one (see the left side from the photo attached) and got this result, what in my eyes looks ok to upload.

Also the photo needs some CCW rotation (see the vertical references)

Name:	Photo01.jpg
Size:	893.0 KB
ID:	1031458

Comment

Thank You! I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

I seem to be getting this one a lot lately

I recently got a new camera which I am very happy with but of the 25 some odd photos I have uploaded quite a few have been accepted but nearly all of the rejected photos have Over processed/Bad post processing somewhere in the colorful concoction of rejection reasons. I have linked a few below.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I never use noise removal tools. Any help on a way to fix this (if there is any) is greatly appreciated.
              Many thanks,
              Michael

Comment

I recently got a new camera which I am very happy with but of the 25 some odd photos I have uploaded quite a few have been accepted but nearly all of the rejected photos have Over processed/Bad post processing somewhere in the colorful concoction of rejection reasons. I have linked a few below.

I never use noise removal tools. Any help on a way to fix this (if there is any) is greatly appreciated.
                Many thanks,
                Michael
                Not related to noise removal. Looks like you're doing something else that's washing out all the shadows.

Comment

I do all of my editing in Photoshop and right after cropping I adjust the shadows/highlights to 45. Would this be causing the problem? And if so should I reduce the amount of that? The second and third photos linked were taken on days when it was solid overcast, if that helps anything.

Comment

I do all of my editing in Photoshop and right after cropping I adjust the shadows/highlights to 45. Would this be causing the problem?
                    Yup.

And if so should I reduce the amount of that?
                    Or not even use it at all.

Comment

Okay, sounds good. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Is this any better?

Name:	Black Friday 004.jpg
Size:	936.1 KB
ID:	1031555

I put the shadows to 25 instead of 45.

Comment

Is this any better?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20104[/ATTACH]

I put the shadows to 25 instead of 45.
                          This would be rejected for dark/contrast, oversharpened, and possibly vignetting.

Comment

Overexposed

This photo was recently rejected for being overexposed

I double checked the histogram and the bulge was centered, so I appealed and they said it was correctly rejected and that there is a spike on the far right side of the histogram. So my question is how do I fix this if it is possible?

Thanks for the help,
                            Michael
                            Attached Files

Comment

This photo was recently rejected for being overexposed

I double checked the histogram and the bulge was centered, so I appealed and they said it was correctly rejected and that there is a spike on the far right side of the histogram. So my question is how do I fix this if it is possible?
                              Reduce the exposure until there is no longer a spike on the right edge.

Comment

Would the result be considered the correct exposure?

Comment

Working...
                                X