Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 176

Thread: Jonas - Editing Advice / Check before upload

  1. #21
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Hi,

    Here are some new pictures for pre-screening:

    Attachment 17244

    Attachment 17245

    Attachment 17246

    Attachment 17247


    Thank you in advance!

    Jonas
    1. soft, contrast
    2. soft/blurry, contrast
    3-4 soft

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    EDLW
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Tried to fix it:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3910.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	656.4 KB 
ID:	17282

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4232.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	616.5 KB 
ID:	17283

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3582.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	512.9 KB 
ID:	17284

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3645.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	297.2 KB 
ID:	17285

    Cheers Jonas

  3. #23
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Tried to fix it:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3910.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	656.4 KB 
ID:	17282

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4232.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	616.5 KB 
ID:	17283

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3582.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	512.9 KB 
ID:	17284

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3645.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	297.2 KB 
ID:	17285

    Cheers Jonas
    All soft and lacking contrast. #4 not fixable.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    EDLW
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Hey,

    A new round:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9884.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	304.4 KB 
ID:	17986

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9344.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	280.9 KB 
ID:	17987

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9900.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	344.6 KB 
ID:	17988

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9338.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	524.7 KB 
ID:	17989

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9905.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	347.2 KB 
ID:	17990

    Regards

    Jonas

  5. #25
    Member vcruvinel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Brasília, Brazil.
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Hey,

    A new round:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9884.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	304.4 KB 
ID:	17986

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9344.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	280.9 KB 
ID:	17987

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9900.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	344.6 KB 
ID:	17988

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9338.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	524.7 KB 
ID:	17989

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9905.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	347.2 KB 
ID:	17990

    Regards

    Jonas
    Jonas,

    I'm not from the crew, but IMHO:

    #1. soft, contrast
    #2. soft, contrast
    #3. contrast, dark
    #4. contrast
    #5. contrast, dark (almost backlit)

    Cheers,

    Vinicius

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    EDLW
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Thanks!

    Can a screener have a look as well please?

    Cheers,

    Jonas

  7. #27
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Hey,

    A new round:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9884.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	304.4 KB 
ID:	17986

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9344.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	280.9 KB 
ID:	17987

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9900.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	344.6 KB 
ID:	17988

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9338.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	524.7 KB 
ID:	17989

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9905.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	347.2 KB 
ID:	17990

    Regards

    Jonas
    1. soft, dark/contrast
    2. soft, contrast, overprocessed, compression
    3. dark, contrast, borderline soft
    4. soft, contrast
    5. contrast, compression

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    EDLW
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Thank you very much!

    Are they fixable?

    How about that one?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3551.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	347.7 KB 
ID:	18017


    Cheers,

    Jonas

  9. #29
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Thank you very much!

    Are they fixable?
    4 & 5 might be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    How about that one?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3551.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	347.7 KB 
ID:	18017
    Please limit your requests to 5 images per 24 hours.

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    EDLW
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Hey!

    Is it possible to get it pre-screened now?

    Cheers,

    Jonas

  11. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    EDLW
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Good evening,

    Here are four new photos and the older, not yet pre-screened, photo.

    If there are any halos, can you help me with getting rid of them?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3551.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	347.7 KB 
ID:	18087

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0148.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	425.5 KB 
ID:	18088

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3443.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	514.9 KB 
ID:	18089

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3361.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	563.4 KB 
ID:	18090

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3265.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	360.4 KB 
ID:	18091

    Thank you very much in advance!

    Jonas

  12. #32
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Good evening,

    Here are four new photos and the older, not yet pre-screened, photo.

    If there are any halos, can you help me with getting rid of them?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3551.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	347.7 KB 
ID:	18087

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0148.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	425.5 KB 
ID:	18088

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3443.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	514.9 KB 
ID:	18089

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3361.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	563.4 KB 
ID:	18090

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3265.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	360.4 KB 
ID:	18091

    Thank you very much in advance!

    Jonas
    1. soft, borderline dark, overprocessed
    2. soft/blurry, contrast, dirty
    3. soft/blurry, heat haze
    4. soft, borderline overprocessed
    5. soft

    Halos can't be removed, only avoided in the first place.

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    EDLW
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Thank you!

    May i show you what i´ve done and then you might be able to know where they came from?

    I´ve done the following things in LR:


    1. cropped
    2. remove chromatic aberation and profile corrections
    3. contrast +20
    4. highlights -32
    5. shadows +19
    6. whites +40
    7. blacks -7
    8. clarity +15
    9. sharpening at 80/0,8/35/90
    10. luminance 50
    11. color luminance 90
    12. exposure +,10

    Sometimes also removing haze (dont know the exact name)

    What causes the halos?

    BTW: You help me just so much! Huge Thank you


    Cheers,

    Jonas

  14. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    EDLW
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Am i able to remove the halos that way?:

    https://youtu.be/Ik-LB3ROARc

    Cheers Jonas

  15. #35
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post

    What causes the halos?
    This:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post

    4. highlights -32
    5. shadows +19
    And maybe this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post

    8. clarity +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Am i able to remove the halos that way?:

    https://youtu.be/Ik-LB3ROARc
    Wrong kind of halos, and in any case waaaaaaaayy too much effort to remove when you can just avoid them in the first place.

  16. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    EDLW
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Am i allowed to use them a little less like from +10 - -10 or will it still cause halos? (Highlights and Shadows)
    Can I go from +30 - -30 when the aircraft is one the ground? (Highlights and Shadows)
    Is the reduce Haze ok?
    Should I then leave our clarity completely or should I use it just as +5?


    Cheers

    Jonas

  17. #37
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Am i allowed to use them a little less like from +10 - -10 or will it still cause halos? (Highlights and Shadows)
    Can I go from +30 - -30 when the aircraft is one the ground? (Highlights and Shadows)
    Is the reduce Haze ok?
    Should I then leave our clarity completely or should I use it just as +5?


    Cheers

    Jonas
    You're allowed to do whatever you want. If you want to avoid the halos altogether, set the above features to 0. If not, then use whatever settings you wish. Beyond that, there's not much else I can tell you.

  18. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    EDLW
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Sorry I didn’t want to sound rude or so.
    I wanted to say „can I do this without the halos appearing“.
    Sorry for my unclear English.

    Alright. Do i have halos appearing on ground shots while using highlights shadows and clarity as well?

    Cheers

  19. #39
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Sorry I didn’t want to sound rude or so.
    I wanted to say „can I do this without the halos appearing“.
    Sorry for my unclear English.

    Alright. Do i have halos appearing on ground shots while using highlights shadows and clarity as well?

    Cheers
    As I said, those tools (shadow/highlight/clarity) are known to cause halos. If you don't want halos, don't use them. Halos are much more obvious against a clear sky, but can also be seen with other backgrounds if strong enough.

  20. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    EDLW
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Hey,

    I tried to optimize the picture in halos. How does it look now? Are there still little halos?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3551.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	343.7 KB 
ID:	18182

    Cheers,
    Jonas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •