Arvin Lienardi - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arvin Lienardi View Post
    I have some photos that im not sure that it could pass screening process not, i'd be glad if any screener could share their opinions
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]22659[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]22660[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]22658[/ATTACH]
    All three have low acceptance chances: dark, contrast, soft. Main culprit for the exposure seems to be the overcast sky.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

recently i got several photos rejected due to jpeg compression artefacts. I have all my workflow to be the same, didn't crop it too much and save in the highest quality available in photoshop and save it once.

here are several of it
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

please ignore the contrast rejection , i just need to figure out why the artefacts appear which previously did not happen with al my photos previously
      Thanks,

Comment

recently i got several photos rejected due to jpeg compression artefacts. I have all my workflow to be the same, didn't crop it too much and save in the highest quality available in photoshop and save it once.
        If I had to guess, the last step of that process would seem the most likely culprit. The images are compressed, and the file sizes is only ~ 250k, when I would expect closer to 400k for images of that resolution. Most likely you're not actually saving at as high a quality setting as you think.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
          If I had to guess, the last step of that process would seem the most likely culprit. The images are compressed, and the file sizes is only ~ 250k, when I would expect closer to 400k for images of that resolution. Most likely you're not actually saving at as high a quality setting as you think.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20190409_233530.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	1034189
          this is my usual jpg setting in saving it from photoshop. However, it still show horrible compression on the sky area when i use "check for dust" tool from the website.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23337[/ATTACH]
            this is my usual jpg setting in saving it from photoshop. However, it still show horrible compression on the sky area when i use "check for dust" tool from the website.
            Are you using some kind of noise reducer? This can also add that effect.
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23337[/ATTACH]
              That should be the correct save setting. Notice the file size is more than 350k. If that's the case images are not suffering from compression, but something else (like the NR Geri mentioned) could be creating an effect that looks like it.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                That should be the correct save setting. Notice the file size is more than 350k. If that's the case images are not suffering from compression, but something else (like the NR Geri mentioned) could be creating an effect that looks like it.
                Hi Arvin,

I was actually at Jakarta Airpot at the same time you took these shots, the weather was actually v good. I am echoing Geri and Dana's thoughts here, it's got to be something in your workflow. Happy to have a look at a RAW file (if you have one) Regards T

Comment

yeah, i guess the culprit is the noise reducing filter, i've edit several photos without the noise reducer and it goes fine.
                  Thank you!

Comment

I got this photo rejected for contrast reason. When i appealed, the reason is that due to poor light angle, i do agree the nose section is brighter but not so much brighter then the rest of it, can anyone explain further why?

Comment

I got this photo rejected for contrast reason. When i appealed, the reason is that due to poor light angle, i do agree the nose section is brighter but not so much brighter then the rest of it, can anyone explain further why?
                      http://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=7233570
                      Actually I'm not sure what 'poor light angle' means either, as the angle of the light isn't really the issue here imho, it's more the overcast/hazy conditions giving the light a flat, diffuse quality that's affecting the contrast.

Comment

Does it have any chance to pass? The sky is slightly hazy however is not a total blown out, the blues is slightly there and the sun is shining bright.

Comment

Does it have any chance to pass?
                          Well it was rejected, so..no.

Comment

Hi, would be good if someone share their thoughts on those shots

Name:	bbm.jpg
Size:	452.5 KB
ID:	1034544

Name:	893A.jpg
Size:	508.6 KB
ID:	1034545

Comment

Hi, would be good if someone share their thoughts on those shots

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23775[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]23776[/ATTACH]
                              Both borderline for contrast. Might want to also double check for dust spots & vignetting.

Comment

this is my first time editing night photos, anyone can give their opinions?

Name:	HS-TJC.jpg
Size:	489.7 KB
ID:	1034754

Name:	PH-BQA.jpg
Size:	573.2 KB
ID:	1034755

Comment

Working...