X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=dlowwa;686175]
    Originally posted by a.m. View Post
    Thx dlowwa
    The latter three should be totally acceptable (with proper edits) - the sun is at a much lower angle and thus much more of the visible side of the aircraft is lit.
    Thx dlowwa
    Every day a new experience... or should I say : damn ?
    This lit "percentage" just caught me off guard. Imagine that I went purposely for a spot UNDER the plane to take the photo... damn, damn & damn
    thanks for the time and help

Comment

• Don't know where to report it... so

Photo https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9334436 is incorrectly registered as CS-TOA - A340... where is should be CS-TUA - A330 Neo

/rgds
      a.m.

Comment

• Hi dlowwa

After some months in this hobby, I thought I had learn a couple of things, but unfortunately I keep having rejections like: center, dark, rotation and even softness.

My confidence is really low nowadays, I'm convinced I've the best photo in the world.. and then it's rejected. So I'm back again to basics, which means I'll bother you with some reviews, I'm sorry for that..

Can you please then review these ? thx

/rgds
        a.m.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by a.m. View Post
          Hi dlowwa

After some months in this hobby, I thought I had learn a couple of things, but unfortunately I keep having rejections like: center, dark, rotation and even softness.

My confidence is really low nowadays, I'm convinced I've the best photo in the world.. and then it's rejected. So I'm back again to basics, which means I'll bother you with some reviews, I'm sorry for that..

Can you please then review these ? thx

/rgds
          a.m.
          1-2, 4-5 are all poorly centered, and have a couple of soft areas.
          3 is very soft and also compressed

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            1-2, 4-5 are all poorly centered, and have a couple of soft areas.
            3 is very soft and also compressed
            Thx dlowwa

Usually I center the image by centering the plane in the central square
            However for this kind of angle (that I usually don't use) ... by centering it, based in the central square ..it doesn't look good, you as just mentioned.
            So what are the rules of engagement for this kind of angles ? center based on "envelope zone" of the plane ? or center based on the mass center of the plane

Any one of these is ok

#1 center of mass center
            #2 envelope center
            #3 center based on central square (original photo)

/rgds
            thx
            Attached Files

Comment

Thx dlowwa

Usually I center the image by centering the plane in the central square
              However for this kind of angle (that I usually don't use) ... by centering it, based in the central square ..it doesn't look good, you as just mentioned.
              So what are the rules of engagement for this kind of angles ? center based on "envelope zone" of the plane ? or center based on the mass center of the plane

Any one of these is ok

#1 center of mass center
              #2 envelope center
              #3 center based on central square (original photo)

/rgds
              thx
              Personal preference of course, but if you're hoping to get it accepted here, #2 would be the way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                Personal preference of course, but if you're hoping to get it accepted here, #2 would be the way to go.
                Thx dlowwa

#2 would be the way to go
                ok.

#Personal preference of course,
                ah... there's no personal preferences here... acceptance is the goal

/rgds
                a.m.

Comment

• Hi dlowwa

I've this photo https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9336517 , which don't show up in FR.
                  Is this because of that specific angle/framing isn't allowed in FR ?

thx for your time and help
                  /rgds
                  a.m.

Comment

Hi dlowwa

I've this photo https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9336517 , which don't show up in FR.
                    Is this because of that specific angle/framing isn't allowed in FR ?
                    Correct.

Comment

• Thx dlowwa

didn't knew that. Always learning.

/rgds
                      a.m.

Comment

• Hi dlowwa

Can you give me some guidance on this rejection : https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7359336

1) Dark: Is there any practical method to identify a dark photo ? any histogram that shows that ? what's the line between personal preferences and a "scientific approach" ?
                        2) Similarly photo :

This photo was taken
                        a) when the planning was in a landing attitude
                        b) from a position below the plane
                        c) in a 90º
                        d) in the beginning of the runway
                        e) different days, time of the day and backgrounds

the other which may have been considered as similarly : https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9269991

a) was taken when the plane was in a take off attitude
                        b) from a position above the plane
                        c) in the end of the runway
                        d) from a angle behind the plane
                        e) different days, time of the day and backgrounds

what make these photos similarly ?

/rgds
                        a.m.

Comment

• You have an empty area on the right side of the histogram : "scientifically" underexposed...

+1/4 Stop would probably fix it...

Comment

Hi dlowwa

Can you give me some guidance on this rejection : https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7359336

1) Dark: Is there any practical method to identify a dark photo ? any histogram that shows that ?
                            Indeed, the gap on the right edge clearly shows underexposure.

Originally posted by a.m. View Post
                            what make these photos similarly ?
                            Same side, same stage of flight. Similar guidelines were updated a few years ago, you might want to review them.

Comment

• #You have an empty area on the right side of the histogram : "scientifically" underexposed…
                              #Indeed, the gap on the right edge clearly shows underexposure.

Thx zomeu, dlowwa. Ah.. finally a "scientific" way to measure/identify darkness. Just great. thx.

#Same side, same stage of flight. Similar guidelines were updated a few years ago, you might want to review them.

I've review the rules :

2.6 Similar

Means that you have a similar photo already in the database. Please upload only your best photos, try to be creative. Similar refers to:
                              - a photo taken from the same sequence the same day e. landing, taxiing, ramp parking or take off
                              or
                              - same registration, similar angle or composition or same background taken on different dates.
                              - Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar.

If a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it.

We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft (normally no more than two).
                              #Same side, same stage of flight.
                              What I should consider as "same stage of the flight" ?

One is landing, the other is taking off
                              One is accelerating, the other is decelerating
                              One is level, the other is 30º up

/rgds
                              a.m.

Comment

#Same side, same stage of flight.
                                What I should consider as "same stage of the flight" ?
                                In the air vs. on the ground. Both are in the air = similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X