pre-screen photos at dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Only the first one is really obvious, but again, the equalized versions are not what will be screened. The halos need to be visible on the uploaded version to actually be an issue.
    Thx dlowwa

#The halos need to be visible on the uploaded version to actually be an issue.
    I understand, my problem is realy to see them at naked eye... maybe now with the help of the equalized function I can train the eye a bit.
    However, I believe that the best solution, is to not create them to start with.... so I'm applying a (halos) bullet proof processing... that does not create halos

So let's see if I have learned anything.

Can you please review these ? thx

/rgds
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by a.m. View Post
      Thx dlowwa

#The halos need to be visible on the uploaded version to actually be an issue.
      I understand, my problem is realy to see them at naked eye... maybe now with the help of the equalized function I can train the eye a bit.
      However, I believe that the best solution, is to not create them to start with.... so I'm applying a (halos) bullet proof processing... that does not create halos

So let's see if I have learned anything.

Can you please review these ? thx

/rgds
      Should be ok.

Comment

Should be ok.
        Thx dlowwa

can you please review these ? thx again for your time and support.

/rgds
        Attached Files
        Last edited by a.m.; 2018-09-12, 08:30. Reason: replace photo

Comment

• Thx dlowwa

Can you please review these ? thx again for your time and support.

/rgds
          Attached Files
          Last edited by a.m.; 2018-09-13, 19:08. Reason: replace photo

Comment

Thx dlowwa

Can you please review these ? thx again for your time and support.

/rgds
            Some of them are a little high in the frame, but otherwise should be ok.

Comment

• thx dlowwa

Can you please review these. Specifically the first two regarding :

1) Is the wing shadow over the registration a problem ?
              2) Since these were taken at dawn it's ok to have the color temperature yellish ? or should push a bit more light and white ?

thx again for your time and help

/rgds
              a.m.
              Attached Files

Comment

thx dlowwa

Can you please review these. Specifically the first two regarding :

1) Is the wing shadow over the registration a problem ?
                2) Since these were taken at dawn it's ok to have the color temperature yellish ?
                1) no
                2) yes

#2 is soft/blurry, rest ok.

Comment

• Great. Thx again dlowwa for your time and help
                  /rgds

Comment

• Hi dlowwa
                    continuing my dawn series, can you please have a look at these ?
                    and additional, can you comment on, if I should continue on this path ?
                    shooting in low light is a challenge for sure... but the end result isn't always understood or even make any sense.
                    If isn't a specially situation then a shoot like the 1) with plenty of light is always prefered , right ?

thanks again for your time and help

/rgds
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi dlowwa
                      continuing my dawn series, can you please have a look at these ?
                      1. ok
                      2-3 dark
                      4. dark, soft
                      5. dark

Originally posted by a.m. View Post
                      and additional, can you comment on, if I should continue on this path ?
                      shooting in low light is a challenge for sure... but the end result isn't always understood or even make any sense.
                      If isn't a specially situation then a shoot like the 1) with plenty of light is always prefered , right ?
                      Whatever your personal preference is. I like soft evening light (as you can tell by the majority of my uploads during the summer months), but different people have different preferences.

Comment

Whatever your personal preference is. I like soft evening light (as you can tell by the majority of my uploads during the summer months), but different people have different preferences.
                        Thx dlowwa

Your photos from Vancouver, looks great. The shot angle (almost in front ) and the angle of the sun, does create a very clear and live photo.
                        I'm also assuming that the evening light in vancouver isn't as warm/yellish than in a warm climate.
                        Anyway, a good photo is always a good photo, independent of geo coordinates.

#but different people have different preferences.
                        For sure, I may say that I like brigther and strong colors... but I'm not even there for the moment.
                        For the moment I'm just trying to test things: spots places, angles, lights, distances... lens

Today, for instance... photos 1,2 were shot in the morning ... and 3,4,5 where taken at dawn ... 5) was just 10 minutes before sunset.
                        For 5) I tried to "remove/correct" a litle bit the yellish on it.. and I've change the ISO from 100 to 200 in order to keep f/8 & 800/sec

Just because, yesterday I've missed the same due :
                        1) to close, the 50mm lens cut it..
                        2) to soft : f/6.3 and 250/sec

as such can you please review them ?

/rgds
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thx dlowwa

Your photos from Vancouver, looks great. The shot angle (almost in front ) and the angle of the sun, does create a very clear and live photo.
                          I'm also assuming that the evening light in vancouver isn't as warm/yellish than in a warm climate.
                          Anyway, a good photo is always a good photo, independent of geo coordinates.

#but different people have different preferences.
                          For sure, I may say that I like brigther and strong colors... but I'm not even there for the moment.
                          For the moment I'm just trying to test things: spots places, angles, lights, distances... lens

Today, for instance... photos 1,2 were shot in the morning ... and 3,4,5 where taken at dawn ... 5) was just 10 minutes before sunset.
                          For 5) I tried to "remove/correct" a litle bit the yellish on it.. and I've change the ISO from 100 to 200 in order to keep f/8 & 800/sec

Just because, yesterday I've missed the same due :
                          1) to close, the 50mm lens cut it..
                          2) to soft : f/6.3 and 250/sec

as such can you please review them ?

/rgds
                          1-2 ok
                          3. dark
                          4. borderline dark/soft (tail)
                          5. borderline soft

Comment

1-2 ok
                            3. dark
                            4. borderline dark/soft (tail)
                            5. borderline soft
                            Thx dlowwa

ah.. living in a sunshine country, I thing there's no point in keep taken darken photos.
                            But planes keep arriving at strange hours... so . And in this particularly situation, I believe I've taken a sequence of 5 sharpen photos, so if they can be recouverable.... the better,

But more than one single photo, I'm struggling a bit with this evening light & dark results. If it's almost night... there's no point in hidden/faking it right?

Image 5) (unedited) we see that it's almost sunset.... and that the plane receive the total light still available. Is that ok at it is ?
                            While the 4 other images have then receive "some ligth processing"...

As such can you help me here undertstanding the rules of engagement for low light ?

Are then any of these acceptable ?

/rgds
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thx dlowwa

ah.. living in a sunshine country, I thing there's no point in keep taken darken photos.
                              But planes keep arriving at strange hours... so . And in this particularly situation, I believe I've taken a sequence of 5 sharpen photos, so if they can be recouverable.... the better,

But more than one single photo, I'm struggling a bit with this evening light & dark results. If it's almost night... there's no point in hidden/faking it right?

Image 5) (unedited) we see that it's almost sunset.... and that the plane receive the total light still available. Is that ok at it is ?
                              While the 4 other images have then receive "some ligth processing"...

As such can you help me here undertstanding the rules of engagement for low light ?

Are then any of these acceptable ?

/rgds
                              Exposure looks fine on this set. They are all the same sequence, so select just one if you would like more feedback.

Comment

Exposure looks fine on this set. They are all the same sequence, so select just one if you would like more feedback.
                                Thx dlowwa

#Exposure looks fine on this set
                                Ok.

#They are all the same sequence, so select just one if you would like more feedback.

I'll select the last one but with a twist ... opening another door for experiments : closeups/crop photos.

Can you please comment on these ? thx

/rgds
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X