pre-screen photos at dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks dlowwa,
    Can you please elaborate a bit on #1 .. the “cut off” part ?
    .. and if typical that can be fixable ?
    /rgds
    a.m.

Comment

• Originally posted by a.m. View Post
      Thanks dlowwa,
      Can you please elaborate a bit on #1 .. the “cut off” part ?
      Awkward crop on left side. You've left just a tiny part of the engine nacelle, for no apparent reason.

Comment

• Ah, got it. Well, I’ve align the crop by the red marks da define the window above.
        Probably I should have aligned by the green letter T , which would then cut completely the first engine.
        Would that be more correct/acceptable ?

Thx

/rgds
        a.m.

Comment

Ah, got it. Well, I’ve align the crop by the red marks da define the window above.
          Probably I should have aligned by the green letter T , which would then cut completely the first engine.
          Would that be more correct/acceptable ?

Thx

/rgds
          a.m.
          Would need to see the final result to comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            Would need to see the final result to comment.
            Ok. Here's then the new crop. I've cut both engines.

/rgds
            a.m.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok. Here's then the new crop. I've cut both engines.

/rgds
              a.m.
              Should be fine.

Comment

Should be fine.
                thx dlowwa

In the meantime time, I'd this two photos rejected because of "horizont unlevel"

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Can you help me understand how two identify it, in order to correct it ?
                I tried to align it verticaly. So is this a problem of vertical alignment ? or to low in the frame ?

thanks again for your time and help

/rgds
                a.m.

Comment

thx dlowwa

In the meantime time, I'd this two photos rejected because of "horizont unlevel"

Can you help me understand how two identify it, in order to correct it ?
                  I tried to align it verticaly. So is this a problem of vertical alignment ? or to low in the frame ?

thanks again for your time and help

/rgds
                  a.m.
                  I warned you about this when you asked about the second one in prescreening. In the future, best to sort out such issues before submitting to the queue, especially if they've already been pointed out to you. The verticals are all leaning left = needs CW rotation.

Comment

I warned you about this when you asked about the second one in prescreening. In the future, best to sort out such issues before submitting to the queue, especially if they've already been pointed out to you. The verticals are all leaning left = needs CW rotation.
                    Thx dlowwa

#I warned you about this when you asked about the second one in prescreening.
                    Believe me, I've applied your recommendation regarding the crop (too far), but didn't understood this horizont level stuff very well.
                    That's why I've committed the same mistake in another photo... and I believe I've another one in queue, with the same error.
                    Usually the vertical references are very clear... in this case they are very small, and I've align it badly.
                    So let's see if I've learn something today and avoid these kind of mistake in the future.

Thanks again for your time, patience and help.

/rgds
                    a.m.

Comment

• I had two photos rejected for "horizont unlevel"

In the first I tried to align using the antenna pole, and in the second the houses as vertical references, it looks this wasn't correct/didn't work.
                      Anyway, this is a mistake I shouldn't be doing by now. Can you please guide me on solving it ? Should I use other references ? like signs and small poles in the runway ?

thanks again for your time and help (... and Merry Christmas )

/rgds
                      a.m.

Comment

I had two photos rejected for "horizont unlevel"

In the first I tried to align using the antenna pole, and in the second the houses as vertical references, it looks this wasn't correct/didn't work.
                        Anyway, this is a mistake I shouldn't be doing by now. Can you please guide me on solving it ? Should I use other references ? like signs and small poles in the runway ?

thanks again for your time and help (... and Merry Christmas )

/rgds
                        a.m.
                        Both need CCW rotation as the background buildings are leaning right.

Comment

Both need CCW rotation as the background buildings are leaning right.
                          Thx dlowwa. ah, damn, my eyes are fooling me (again)...those buildings are so small, that a little window can make the difference.
                          Going back to the drawing board...

/rgds
                          a.m.

Comment

• Harsh Weather

Now, that the Winter is here and on a harsh weather day ... could these be acceptable ?
                            At least the contours of the planes looks well defined against the white backdrop.
                            Sure, the Sun is a bit shy... so, the noise could be a bit to much than the normal.

Thanks again for your time and help

/rgds
                            a.m.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Now, that the Winter is here and on a harsh weather day ... could these be acceptable ?
                              At least the contours of the planes looks well defined against the white backdrop.
                              Sure, the Sun is a bit shy... so, the noise could be a bit to much than the normal.

Thanks again for your time and help

/rgds
                              a.m.
                              All would be rejected for soft, noise, compression, and contrast. None have the quality to be submitted at 1920pix.

Comment

• Thx dlowwa. I had some hopes in one of them... but I understand, I need to train my eye (a lot) more.

/rgds
                                a.m.

Comment

Working...
                                X