No announcement yet.

pre-screen photos at dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi dlowwa , can you help me understand/identify the horizont level problem ? thx

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

• Originally posted by a.m. View Post
      Hi dlowwa , can you help me understand/identify the horizont level problem ? thx

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7177368
      Light pole obviously, but I would actually ignore that and look at the buildings in the background. They are also leaning to the left, albeit to a lesser degree. Level those, and don't worry about the light. I'd say at least 0.5 degrees CW is needed.

Comment

• Thx dlowwa. I thought that aligning by the pole , would make the houses very strange (#1 photo) So I tried to align by the houses...
        To the left of the photo I believe they are aligned... to the right I believe the distortion, makes them a little lean to left. 0.5 you say ? so does it look ok now ? (#2 Photo)
        Thanks again for your time and help
        /rgds
        a.m.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thx dlowwa. I thought that aligning by the pole , would make the houses very strange (#1 photo) So I tried to align by the houses...
          To the left of the photo I believe they are aligned... to the right I believe the distortion, makes them a little lean to left. 0.5 you say ? so does it look ok now ? (#2 Photo)
          Thanks again for your time and help
          /rgds
          a.m.
          First is really off as I said it would be. The second is better, but I still might give it another 0.2-0.3 CW, but no more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            First is really off as I said it would be. The second is better, but I still might give it another 0.2-0.3 CW, but no more than that.
            Thx dlowwa

Can you please help me understand/learn from this rejecting for jpeg artifacts ? thx
            JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Has this new photo the same problem ? thxClick image for larger version

Name:	OO-SNF DSC_8792.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	1033925

Comment

Thx dlowwa

Can you please help me understand/learn from this rejecting for jpeg artifacts ? thx

Has this new photo the same problem ? thx[ATTACH=CONFIG]22974[/ATTACH]
              Don't see much compression in the rejected image, just a little noise. Maybe it was cropped a fair amount?

The new photo however is indeed severely compressed.

Comment

• Hi dlowwa

Can you please help me understand and correct this rejection for unlevel ? thx

/rgds
                a.m.

Comment

Hi dlowwa

Can you please help me understand and correct this rejection for unlevel ? thx

/rgds
                  a.m.
                  Based on the background verticals, appears to need some CCW rotation.

Comment

Based on the background verticals, appears to need some CCW rotation.
                    Thx. Is this ok/enough ?

/rgds
                    a.m.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CS-TJL P5194781.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1035517

Comment

Thx. Is this ok/enough ?

/rgds
                      a.m.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24937[/ATTACH]
                      Would be enough for me.

Comment

Would be enough for me.
                        Thx dlowwa
                        /rgds
                        a.m.

Comment

• Hi dlowwa

Can you help me understand , why this photo is dark ... and what can I do to recover it ?
                          Alternatively is this one a better/ok photo ?

thx for your time and help

/rgds
                          a.m.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi dlowwa

Can you help me understand , why this photo is dark
                            There were comments left with your appeal.

Originally posted by a.m. View Post
                            ... and what can I do to recover it ?
                            Not sure you can recover it as such (poor lighting due to angle + position of sun). If you increase the brightness any more, you're likely to blow out the top part of the fuselage. Better to pick a different image with better conditions.

Comment

• Thx dlowwa
                              [QUOTE=dlowwa;686170]There were comments left with your appeal.

One of them was knew to me "most of the plane is in the shadow". This photo was take from below... so the sun, can't get there.
                              It's midday, the sun is just on top ... with a minimum angle to still lit the tail. If see tons of photos with no sun at all... every day , similarly photos are uploaded... didn't knew that this was a reason to reject it.

#Better to pick a different image with better conditions.
                              I'm a bit puzzle, what are better conditions... will these qualify ?
                              The first one is shown as taken out of the camera with no corrections..

thanks again for your time and help

/rgds
                              a.m.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• [QUOTE=a.m.;686171]Thx dlowwa
                                Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                                There were comments left with your appeal.

One of them was knew to me "most of the plane is in the shadow". This photo was take from below... so the sun, can't get there.
                                It's midday, the sun is just on top ... with a minimum angle to still lit the tail. If see tons of photos with no sun at all... every day , similarly photos are uploaded... didn't knew that this was a reason to reject it.

#Better to pick a different image with better conditions.
                                I'm a bit puzzle, what are better conditions... will these qualify ?
                                The first one is shown as taken out of the camera with no corrections..

thanks again for your time and help

/rgds
                                a.m.
                                The latter three should be totally acceptable (with proper edits) - the sun is at a much lower angle and thus much more of the visible side of the aircraft is lit.

Comment

Working...
                                X