X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeromexico Embraer 190 has crashed after takeoff from DGO

AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
    the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Click image for larger version

Name:	DjdvlrWXgAA1iMk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1029331
    AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
    the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

According to several news outlets, the pilot had attempted to abort the takeoff due to weather (or engine failure depending on the source), but the aircraft overran the runway. Would not be surprised if this ends up being wrong.

95 people aboard and there are injuries, but no fatalities reported.

Registration is XA-GAL.

Comment

Video of the aftermath:

Runway inspection after the accident in opposite direction to takeoff (from accident site towards start of takeoff), watch the engines to the left of the dep...

Makes me wonder if one of the engines wasn't 'screwed-on' properly...

Wouldn't be the first time.

Comment

Possibly the highest number of injuries ever in a non-fatal crash - 85
          moving quickly in air

Comment

I guess 100 people reported injuries in the Hudson landing... I did not recall that many (is being cold and wet an injury?)
            moving quickly in air

Comment

Air France A340 overrun at Toronto had no fatalities and 300+ onboard.....

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                Air France A340 overrun at Toronto had no fatalities and 300+ onboard.....
                I understand but only 43 injuries
                moving quickly in air

Comment

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

I tried to take an excerpt from there but there are too many interesting parts. Go read it there.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                  --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                    http://avherald.com/h?article=4bbcb11c&opt=0

I tried to take an excerpt from there but there are too many interesting parts. Go read it there.
                    I think Simon is mistaken and that both objects to the left of the runway are parts of the same engine. There appears to be a considerable distance between them and the main wreckage, which makes me think thrust was still on from the right-side engine, and that would also account for the veer to the left.

Comment

I guess we can learn not to take off in a severe thunderstorm microburst/windshear weather conditions?
                      SCARY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qAeZRhuM-s
                      moving quickly in air

Comment

Why oh why do we still not have CCTV in cockpits? This sort of footage can be invaluable

Comment

It looks like they got airborne for a few seconds and then got slammed back into the ground.
                          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                            It looks like they got airborne for a few seconds and then got slammed back into the ground.
                            There's no detectable rotation on those videos. Plus...

On Aug 1st 2018 Mexico's Ministry of Transport (SCT) reported the aircraft failed to take off and never became airborne, but veered off the runway and ran through rough terrain causing substantial damage to the aircraft including both engines detaching from the airframe.
                            So it probably comes down to weather-related loss-of-control. The visibility changes quite rapidly in those videos. Maybe things looked reasonable when they started to roll. How do you say "better safe than sorry" in Spanish...

Comment

Originally posted by vaztr View Post
                              Why oh why do we still not have CCTV in cockpits? This sort of footage can be invaluable
                              Right? It is stupid that a multimillion dollar jet is beaten by a Russian Lada in terms of having a dash cam. Some planes already have the cameras (A380) and these could easily write to a black box.

Nah, lets just rely on freaking audio saved on a reel to reel.

Comment

Working...
                              X