No announcement yet.

Aeromexico Embraer 190 has crashed after takeoff from DGO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to agree with Brian, in the video it looks like it did lift off briefly and touched down back hard. Nothing conclusive though.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Now in the AvHerald article we have the same video linked above (pax view from the right) + another one of a pax view from the left + a time-lapse video of the storm passing by the city.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Originally posted by orangehuggy View Post
        I understand but only 43 injuries
        ...and put that in context of how rarely we crash and how few people we kill folks in aircraft that are called "Regional Jets"...

Something to do with that goofy-shaped yoke?
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by orangehuggy View Post
          I guess we can learn not to take off in a severe thunderstorm microburst/windshear weather conditions?
          SCARY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qAeZRhuM-s
          Originally posted by Brian
          ...Looks like...
          Concur, BUT

Just to parlour talk- it's interesting that the view out the passenger window AT FIRST looks like a very mundane shower/thundershower.

That being said- what was on the radar?- looks like there may have been a serious rainshaft ahead (which has at least a slight risk of an associated serious downburst).

Is this ANOTHER one for the "Monkeying with Cb's thread?" and wider adoption of the Boeing Bobby Rules of NON_Engagement?
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
            ...and put that in context of how rarely we crash and how few people we kill folks in aircraft that are called "Regional Jets"...

Something to do with that goofy-shaped yoke?
            Pilot underwent spinal surgery, so I think not.

Comment

In wiki there is usually a "see also" section with similar events listed, for this event I can't find anything with dedicated pages. Closest are 3X-GCM and RP-C9363 I guess? I understand SQ6 crashed on takeoff in a storm but there were no bulldozers on the runway in Durango. Any suggestions on similar events? Thanks.
              moving quickly in air

Comment

Found one: ADC 53
                moving quickly in air

Comment

Continental 426 is also similar, no wiki page though
                  moving quickly in air

Comment

Microburst. Rapidly changing windshear. They were airborne to 30ft. These were not flyable conditions.

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Comment

Final report out... and it is a mess from oh so many point of views.

Appetizer? The pilot flying was the person in the right seat who was neither the person assigned to be the FO in the flight (who relinquished his left seat and sat in the jumpseat instead) neither was he rated, qualified or authorized to operate as a flight crew member in this airplane.

I see three persons that should serve some jail time.

(Not that it had any bearing on the accident. Other than not taking off, I don't see that they could have done much to avoid it)

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Comment

Working...
                      X