Pissed at his wife.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pissed at his wife.

But why hurt an innocent airplane? https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...police-n900236

Well, the good news is she's finally rid of him.

That's a jet?!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
      Well, the good news is she's finally rid of him.

That's a jet?!
      Looks like it was a jet. See the one engine. From the wing looks like a Citation.

Comment

Utah man crashes plane into his own house
        Either...
        - that's a tough house, or
        - that's a weak airplane, or
        - the plane did not crash into the house.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
          Either...
          - that's a tough house, or
          - that's a weak airplane, or
          - the plane did not crash into the house.
          Concur...

I see broken windows and some fire damage, but structurally, not much damage to the house. Usually you can get a car to punch through a wall...not so much here.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
            Concur...

I see broken windows and some fire damage, but structurally, not much damage to the house. Usually you can get a car to punch through a wall...not so much here.
            uh... That wall is most definitely punched through. This was quite a feat of kamikaze airmanship. He cleared the neighbor's roof across the street and must have hit precisely that wall. There are no ground skid marks at all.

This was apparently a Cessna Citation 525 and, considering what's left of it, apparently a pretty tough airplane. But the house was tougher...

Click image for larger version

Name:	5b71c128bbfb9.image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1029609

Comment

uh... That wall is most definitely punched through.
              Did I say that the wall was not punched through? Who said "All words matter"...words like "not so much".

Seems like you typically see 50% of a car punched through a solid brick wall. Here I see most of the airplane out in the yard...Yeah, I think some repair is needed to the wall underneath the window, but please try to overcome your minds need to jump to binary operation.

There is amazingly little damage to the house (yes, a gray concept- but I'm pretty sure that had he aimed higher, he could easily have brought the whole house down.
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

But what I really want to know Evan & 3, did he follow the proper procedure and use the check list? Are there memory items for flying into the front door of your house?

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                  But what I really want to know Evan & 3, did he follow the proper procedure and use the check list? Are there memory items for flying into the front door of your house?
                  None that I'm aware of, but there are forget items for the people living in house.

Comment

None that I'm aware of, but there are forget items for the people living in house.
                    Is that like, forget the stuff in the frige lets get the hell out?

Comment

Well, I guess I have to be factual.

I can't see where any hell-better aeroengineer would deliberately write a procedure and checklist for flying into the house. Not a good use for an airplane, and potentially dangerous for innocent bystanders.

So, I suppose the pilot would have to depend upon broad, widely-applicable, physics- and experience-backed fundamentals...things which Evan would term Cowboy Improvisational Idiocy (since they are not supported by a procedural checklist).

If there was a checklist, should it require that they pull the GPWS cumulonimbus breaker to eliminate distracting background noise as they dive for the family home?

Did the pilot land a bit short of his ideal target because he lacked 'external' glide slope guidance?

Comment

Is that like, forget the stuff in the frige lets get the hell out?
                        Wrong.

Someone should definitely try to recover the beer.

Comment

Working...
                        X