B7478 - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B7478 - editing advice

Hello, this is my first message in the forum.

When I upload a photo, then I look at the page where the "Histogram" and "RGB Histogram" appear.In both tables I have seen that there is a horizontal line and my question is: Does it mean a cap that can not be exceeded?

Thanks..
    Last edited by B7478; 2018-01-23, 06:22.

Hi there,
    I’m afraid I don’t quite understand what you mean. The tall spike on the right hand side of the graph of the Histogram is showing the brightness of the overexposed fin. Try darkening the midtones a little.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I mean the horizontal line of red color. Does it mean a cap that can not be exceeded?

Online jetliner photo database, featuring thousands of high-quality photographs of jet airliners, discussion forums, and more.

Comment

Hello,

The red horizontal line is not actually related with your overexposed rejection. Your histogram looks ok and the photo desires an appeal in my opinion. If there is any doubt, you may check these links below that are accepted to database.

TC-JNN. Airbus A330-343. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

TC-LOD. Airbus A330-343. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Thanks Erenerol.

Comment

Help with rejection

Can someone help me about this rejection, in regards to "Over processed / Bad postprocessing". The histogram I see it right and I do not understand the reason for this statement.
            JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by B7478 View Post
              Can someone help me about this rejection, in regards to "Over processed / Bad postprocessing". The histogram I see it right and I do not understand the reason for this statement.
              JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks for your help.
              There are are some dark areas and banding visible above the fuselage that is not visible anywhere else in the frame. I'd guess that is what the overprocessed rejection was for.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Help on helicopters edition.

Hello,
                  When I see the photos of helicopters, some have the blades cut and others lengthen the cut so that the whole shovel enters the image. Can you tell me what is the correct way to do it so that it is not rejected, or do the two options serve?
                  Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hello,
                    When I see the photos of helicopters, some have the blades cut and others lengthen the cut so that the whole shovel enters the image. Can you tell me what is the correct way to do it so that it is not rejected, or do the two options serve?
                    Thanks for the help.
                    Both are acceptable, just try to avoid the 'in-between' of cropped, but not close enough.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
                      Greetings.

Comment

I do not understand this rejection

Hello,
                        I have received the rejection of this photo and I do not understand the reasons. The aircraft is centered according to the fuselage, as I have read that it must be done in the JetPhotos standards, and as I have been doing so far without any problem. Any help in this regard?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello,
                          I have received the rejection of this photo and I do not understand the reasons. The aircraft is centered according to the fuselage, as I have read that it must be done in the JetPhotos standards, and as I have been doing so far without any problem. Any help in this regard?

Thank you.
                          The a/c needs to be lower in frame. As this plane has only the sky in the background, the best way to center the a/c is like the example below (but of course with the correct size from the sides). The space between the wings, nose and tail needs to be equal.

Cheers,

Vinicius

Comment

Hello,

Thank you.
                            There are no Jetphotos standards for centering a photo. There are photos looking balanced and photos looking unbalanced. Without any other background than blue sky, there is not much you can do to create an interesting framing. As mentioned above, the aircraft is too high. The photo looks unbalanced.
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by vcruvinel View Post
                              The a/c needs to be lower in frame. As this plane has only the sky in the background, the best way to center the a/c is like the example below (but of course with the correct size from the sides). The space between the wings, nose and tail needs to be equal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17745[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Vinicius
                              I'd never crop a photo the way you've just suggested. It might need to be moved a bit down , but certainly not this much, imho.

Comment

Working...
                              X