Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
    Hi

I just had these 2 pictures rejected for being too dark.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Looking at the histograms it apears they are over exposed.
    Any suggestions?

TIA
    Andrew
    Both photos lack highlights and show a dull looking aircraft.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi

I just had these 2 pictures rejected for being too dark.

Looking at the histograms it apears they are over exposed.
      Any suggestions?

TIA
      Andrew
      Not sure which histogram you're looking at, but the one on the rejection pages shows nothing like overexposure, as there is a large gap on the right for both.

Comment

Hi

I have been wrestling with this picture for some time but i keep getting rejections for colour. I have tried adjusting the white balance and tint numerous ways but no success. Any tips will be much appreciated.

TIA
        Andrew

Comment

Hi

I have been wrestling with this picture for some time but i keep getting rejections for colour. I have tried adjusting the white balance and tint numerous ways but no success. Any tips will be much appreciated.

TIA
          Andrew
          Yes, looks a little yellow/orange-ish. Should be an easy fix if you tweak the WB a little cooler.

Comment

Over/bad Processing

Hi All

I got this photo rejected for jpeg artifacts and over/bad processing. Jpeg stuff i can fix but not sure about processing problem.

TIA
            Andrew

Comment

The usual plague of halos in clear sunny sky photos... Use the Check for dust tool and you will see intense white and black halos around the aircraft.
              Stay clear of the Highlights, Shadows and Clarity sliders for starters. However note that some photos are doomed due to such halo effect even before they are edited at all, just as they came out of the camera.

I personally have this issue very often in clear sky photos.

A simple test would be to export a jpeg of the unedited file, upload it and use the Check for dust tool to see how bad it is.
              The Equalize filter in Photoshop is supposed to do something similar but is significantly less powerful and personally I cannot rely on it.
              Hope that helps a bit.

To the JP administrators:
              Would it be possible to have the Check for dust & Histogram tools available before formally uploading, without the hustle and bustle of filling in the aircraft data and thus save so much valuable time?

Comment

Originally posted by gxaid View Post

To the JP administrators:
                Would it be possible to have the Check for dust & Histogram tools available before formally uploading, without the hustle and bustle of filling in the aircraft data and thus save so much valuable time?
                Whilst, I don't think it is much of a hassle to get the system to fill in all the data except the registration and airfield code I think it is kind of impolite to increase the traffic on the system with test uploads. For that reason I often use the shareware GIMP program to view an equalized version of my edtted capture before uploading.

The GIMP can also be used to erase dust spots through the same layer manipulation process as with Adobe Photoshop, though I find it more convenient to avoid changing lenses and having my sensors cleaned regularly.

HTH
                --
                David dubya Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Aldgyte View Post
                  Whilst, I don't think it is much of a hassle to get the system to fill in all the data except the registration and airfield code I think it is kind of impolite to increase the traffic on the system with test uploads. For that reason I often use the shareware GIMP program to view an equalized version of my edtted capture before uploading.

The GIMP can also be used to erase dust spots through the same layer manipulation process as with Adobe Photoshop, though I find it more convenient to avoid changing lenses and having my sensors cleaned regularly.

HTH
                  One might evaluate his available time by different standards to another and I can understand this.
                  However, whenever any process in this world eliminates redundant actions (obviously excluding causes like safety and the like) it objectively provides a benefit.

Moreover, the system by default forces the uploader into the one way path where only after you fully upload you have the chance to evaluate how your editing is compliant with the platform's requirements. Therefore the term "impolite" is irrelevant, not to mention that I personally find much more of a burden to repeatedly ask people (the screeners) for prescreening advice in the forum rather than increase the traffic of a system.

As for the GIMP I will check it's Equalize function as soon as possible. If it is any close to JP's tool I will be very happy.
                  Maybe the JP tool itself is available as a standalone application. That would be great as well, totally into the editing stream and out of the uploading stream.

The platform's administrators might be of some assistance.

However, this subject is ruining Andrew's original post and I will not continue it here.

I apologize Andrew as I fired it up with my question to the JP crew.

Comment

Hi All

I had this picture rejected for 'Part of aircraft cut off' Hue and Contrast.
                    I am guessing i should have included the LHS elevator within the crop? Regarding Hue i made the picture cooler but not enough? Are there any tools in LightRoom which assist with white balance? Contrast is easy to fix.

This picture was also rejected for Hue. I made the picture cooler but should i have done more?

TIA
                    Andrew

Comment

Hi All

I had this picture rejected for 'Part of aircraft cut off' Hue and Contrast.
                      I am guessing i should have included the LHS elevator within the crop? Regarding Hue i made the picture cooler but not enough? Are there any tools in LightRoom which assist with white balance? Contrast is easy to fix.

This picture was also rejected for Hue. I made the picture cooler but should i have done more?

TIA
                      Andrew
                      Both look like they were taken through a window. There is a yellow/green tint. Easiest way to remove is by adjusting the white balance on the raw file.

Comment

Hi

I had this picture previously rejected for contrast. I fixed the contrast but now i get a rejection for Bad Color. Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA
                        Andrew

Comment

Hi,

I'm not a crew but imho your photo suffers heavily from cyan cast as a result of shooting through the airport glass windows. You can see it clearly in the white section of the aircraft.

For confirmation let's wait for a crew's opinion.

HAN HPH VII VDH HUI DAD UIH CXR DLI SGN PQC KUL KCH SIN BKK CNX PNH RGN MNL CEB HKG CAN PEK NKG HGH NNG PVG WUH ICN GMP PUS CJU TPE NRT HND ITM
                          B78X - B789 - B788 - B77W - B773 - B772 - B744 - B739 - B738 - B737 - A388 - A359 - A333 - A332 - A321 - A21N - A320 - A20N - A319 - E190

Comment

Correct,
                            We get that issue with about 50% of the pictures uploaded from that spot

Regards
                            Alex

Comment

Hi

I had this photo rejected because it was too blue ''Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)" so i increased the yellow color content and i still get it rejected. What am i to do to get the picture accepted? Can i use any of the JetPhoto tabs to check for best color/hue?

TIA

Andrew

Comment

Hi

More rejections because of Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue).

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
                                Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X