Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Thread: Quoc Trung Tran - Pre-screening advice

  1. #21
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuocTrungTran View Post
    Thank you Dana. I've adjusted accordingly and here comes another version. Is it better now?

    Attachment 21332
    Image is soft.

  2. #22
    Junior Member QuocTrungTran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Dear our beloved screeners,

    One of my photos has just been rejected for Bad color/Hue.

    Link to the photo I would like to ask for your opinion: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7083551

    Could you please tell me where I went wrong? From Dana's suggestion I know there's some slight cyan cast but do not think it would heavily affect the color pattern of the photo.

    Thank you very much and Happy Lunar New Year!

  3. #23
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    Hi,
    Picture seems to be with RGB colour profile while we request sRGB

    Happy Lunar New Year!

    Regards
    Alex

  4. #24
    Junior Member QuocTrungTran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    Hi,
    Picture seems to be with RGB colour profile while we request sRGB

    Happy Lunar New Year!

    Regards
    Alex
    Thanks Alex, I didn't notice that.

    Cheers,
    Trung

  5. #25
    Junior Member QuocTrungTran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Dear our screeners,

    Could I ask for your opinion on this one, especially regarding the leveling of the photo and its contrast?

    Thank you very much.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0743 1280.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1,012.5 KB 
ID:	21636

  6. #26
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuocTrungTran View Post
    Dear our screeners,

    Could I ask for your opinion on this one, especially regarding the leveling of the photo and its contrast?

    Thank you very much.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0743 1280.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1,012.5 KB 
ID:	21636
    Looks OK, maybe a bit too high in the frame.

  7. #27
    Junior Member QuocTrungTran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Thanks Geri.

    And could you please pre-screen the following photo for me? Feedback from everyone is invaluable to me, I've learnt a lot from you guys. Thank you so much.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9MAGO 1280.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	800.0 KB 
ID:	21667

  8. #28
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuocTrungTran View Post
    Thanks Geri.

    And could you please pre-screen the following photo for me? Feedback from everyone is invaluable to me, I've learnt a lot from you guys. Thank you so much.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9MAGO 1280.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	800.0 KB 
ID:	21667
    Needs good CW rotation and bit more contrast

    Regards
    Alex

  9. #29
    Junior Member QuocTrungTran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Thank you Alex for your advice!

    Now recently some of my photos have been rejected, which I understand most apart from the following.

    1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7116882
    This is for Bad postprocessing with screener's comment: "Circular banding in sky"
    Can you explain further about this and do you have any suggestion on how to fix it?

    2. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7116922
    For Overexposed, I understand and it's gonna be an easy fix. However, for horizon unlevel, how do we determine the horizon of a photo with the aircraft in the air and without any specific background apart from cloud? Is that when aircraft is on its landing path the nose has to be up all the time? In this case, what if the nose is ditching down?

    And one small request. The following photo has been accepted https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9229050 but I've now noticed the photo date is wrong. It should be Jan 04, 2019, the same as other photos taken in the same day (IDs 9217782, 9194878, 9217773, 9204652, 9204648 ). Could you please change the date in photo for me since I do not find the date correction in the Info correction tool? Somehow I mistyped the date when uploaded it to the queue and never recognized the mistake. I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

    Thank you very much for your time.

  10. #30
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuocTrungTran View Post
    Thank you Alex for your advice!

    Now recently some of my photos have been rejected, which I understand most apart from the following.

    1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7116882
    This is for Bad postprocessing with screener's comment: "Circular banding in sky"
    Can you explain further about this and do you have any suggestion on how to fix it?

    2. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7116922
    For Overexposed, I understand and it's gonna be an easy fix. However, for horizon unlevel, how do we determine the horizon of a photo with the aircraft in the air and without any specific background apart from cloud? Is that when aircraft is on its landing path the nose has to be up all the time? In this case, what if the nose is ditching down?

    And one small request. The following photo has been accepted https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9229050 but I've now noticed the photo date is wrong. It should be Jan 04, 2019, the same as other photos taken in the same day (IDs 9217782, 9194878, 9217773, 9204652, 9204648 ). Could you please change the date in photo for me since I do not find the date correction in the Info correction tool? Somehow I mistyped the date when uploaded it to the queue and never recognized the mistake. I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

    Thank you very much for your time.
    1. there is a dark circle in the center of the frame. The corners are much brighter. This could be due to poor vignetting removal
    2. very unusual to see a 777 with that nose-down angle on approach, so very likely the horizon is off balance, even if we can't actually see it. Fix it by making the angle of the aircraft look more realistic

  11. #31
    Junior Member QuocTrungTran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    1. there is a dark circle in the center of the frame. The corners are much brighter. This could be due to poor vignetting removal
    2. very unusual to see a 777 with that nose-down angle on approach, so very likely the horizon is off balance, even if we can't actually see it. Fix it by making the angle of the aircraft look more realistic
    Thank you very much, Dana. Now I learn something new and will adjust accordingly.

    Could you please pre-screen the following three photos? Thank you.

    1. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	866 1280.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	612.3 KB 
ID:	21902
    2. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CI 1280.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	637.3 KB 
ID:	21903
    3. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YLLCQ 1280.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	634.3 KB 
ID:	21904

  12. #32
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuocTrungTran View Post
    Thank you very much, Dana. Now I learn something new and will adjust accordingly.

    Could you please pre-screen the following three photos? Thank you.

    1. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	866 1280.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	612.3 KB 
ID:	21902
    2. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CI 1280.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	637.3 KB 
ID:	21903
    3. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YLLCQ 1280.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	634.3 KB 
ID:	21904
    I would consider those three all very borderline for contrast.

  13. #33
    Junior Member QuocTrungTran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hello,

    I just wanna ask if the following photo is considered as backlit.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Turkish1280.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	551.2 KB 
ID:	21930

    Thank you.

  14. #34
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuocTrungTran View Post
    Hello,

    I just wanna ask if the following photo is considered as backlit.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Turkish1280.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	551.2 KB 
ID:	21930

    Thank you.
    Backlit no, but dust spot and borderline contrast.

  15. #35
    Junior Member QuocTrungTran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hello,

    Could you please pre-screen the following photos? Thank you.

    1. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B18305 1280.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	708.2 KB 
ID:	21953
    2. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TCFBV 1280.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	613.4 KB 
ID:	21954
    3. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VNA358 1280.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	583.7 KB 
ID:	21955
    4. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VNA657 1280.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	604.5 KB 
ID:	21956
    5. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VPBGF 1280.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	541.6 KB 
ID:	21957

  16. #36
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuocTrungTran View Post
    Hello,

    Could you please pre-screen the following photos? Thank you.

    1. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B18305 1280.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	708.2 KB 
ID:	21953
    2. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TCFBV 1280.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	613.4 KB 
ID:	21954
    3. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VNA358 1280.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	583.7 KB 
ID:	21955
    4. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VNA657 1280.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	604.5 KB 
ID:	21956
    5. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VPBGF 1280.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	541.6 KB 
ID:	21957
    Issues with vignetting on some of them, but otherwise quality looks ok.

  17. #37
    Junior Member QuocTrungTran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Issues with vignetting on some of them, but otherwise quality looks ok.
    Thanks Dana.

    Is it true that when equalized, if the photo shows dark corners like this, it is a good indicator of vignetting? When the vignetting is clearly visible I can see it, but for photos with some vignetting like this it is very hard for me to recognize.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 8.06.18 PM.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	21962

  18. #38
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuocTrungTran View Post
    Thanks Dana.

    Is it true that when equalized, if the photo shows dark corners like this, it is a good indicator of vignetting? When the vignetting is clearly visible I can see it, but for photos with some vignetting like this it is very hard for me to recognize.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 8.06.18 PM.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	21962
    Yes, that shows quite strong vignetting (and a poor attempt to fix it).

  19. #39
    Junior Member QuocTrungTran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hello,

    I'm asking if this one lacks contrast.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7121567

    Thank you.

  20. #40
    JetPhotos.Net Crew meneses24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Josť, Costa Rica
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuocTrungTran View Post
    Hello,

    I'm asking if this one lacks contrast.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7121567

    Thank you.
    It does. Low contrast and saturation

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •