When to upload a shot as "Ramp"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to upload a shot as "Ramp"

I know that photos depicting a line-up of aircraft parked on the apron must be uploaded as "Airport overview/Ramp".

However, which is the "lower limit" of aircraft for a shot to be considered a ramp shot?

I have a photo of 2 French Sécurité Civile S-2 Tracker water bombers parked on the apron of Cannes-Mandelieu airport. Should I upload it as "Ramp" or should I use the reg of the closest aircraft?

Hey Giorgio,

I think the lower limit for a ramp shot would be three airplanes genrally.
    But I am not a screener or from the crew, so I might be wrong!
    For further information you can wait for a comment from a screener or look up in the Guidelines.

It might also be helpful to post your photo in question here in the forum!

I hope, I could help you,

Ciao
    Yannick

Comment

Two or more aircraft where none dominate the frame is the requirement. If one aircraft dominates then use that registration. Don’t use the old trick to get round a dominating obstructed aircraft by using ramp. It will be rejected.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I'll be uploading a shot very similar to this one (without watermark, of course):

If I understood correctly, the way I cropped it would qualify as "Ramp", while if I had centered it on the closer aircraft (which would mean cropping the farther aircraft and giving the shot an awkward "top heavy" look, most probably resulting in a "Motive" rejection) I would have needed to upload it with the F-ZBEY reg, isn't it?

Since I'm already asking... Would it qualify as "Special livery" too, due to the stickers of the closer aircraft?

Thank you!

Comment

In this case I would upload as F-ZBEY as that aircraft is dominating the frame. Special scheme I would think would also apply.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            In this case I would upload as F-ZBEY as that aircraft is dominating the frame. Special scheme I would think would also apply.
            Ok then! Thank you very much, Brian!

Comment

Working...
            X