Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to resubmit when photo rejected - a completely new upload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to resubmit when photo rejected - a completely new upload?

Hi,

2 queries....

1. Just had some pics rejected. I've now improved them as suggested, but do I need to re-upload as a new photo (and the consequent waiting time), or is there a way to re-submit and not join the back of the upload queue?

2. Following the rejects, my upload queue is at zero, i.e. I have no photos waiting to be screened. However, on trying to upload new photos, it says my upload limit has been reached. - Please advise.

Thanks v much.

Originally posted by ajaaron View Post
    Hi,

2 queries....

1. Just had some pics rejected. I've now improved them as suggested, but do I need to re-upload as a new photo (and the consequent waiting time), or is there a way to re-submit and not join the back of the upload queue?

2. Following the rejects, my upload queue is at zero, i.e. I have no photos waiting to be screened. However, on trying to upload new photos, it says my upload limit has been reached. - Please advise.

Thanks v much.
    1. You will need to resubmit them to the normal queue.
    2. Each rejection you receive blocks one of your upload slots. This is to encourage you to only upload your best images. You will need to wait until the rejections clear from your rejected images list, which will take about two weeks.

Comment

Thank you.

What do the forum think of this photo which was rejected due to being insufficiently sharpened...now sharpened it somwhat... now up to standard for the database?

VS 787 at 1200 by Arnold Aaron, on Flickr

Comment

Hello ajaaron,
        I'm not a screener, however, your picture has over Bad Color (Over Saturation, Hue) (Blue cast) also looks backlit (Sun left side of fuselage) and also soft too.
        let's wait and find out what the screeners have to say about this
        cheers
        Wael.
        What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?

Comment

Interestingly when the image was rejected only one reason was given namely being unsharpened. Grateful for your feedback.

Comment

It has been known at times (I've had it a few times personally), that a screener might select only the most obvious reason for the rejection and not all the reasons. Personally, if I am re-editing for any rejection, I always process the photo again as a new image taking into account what it was rejected for. Each one should be re-edited as a complete workflow.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
              It has been known at times (I've had it a few times personally), that a screener might select only the most obvious reason for the rejection and not all the reasons. Personally, if I am re-editing for any rejection, I always process the photo again as a new image taking into account what it was rejected for. Each one should be re-edited as a complete workflow.

HTH.
              Usually we screeners reject a photo for all reasons we find. However, what one screener may judge as borderline acceptable, another screener may judge to be rejected.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
              X