Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Lund - Editing Advice

Hi guys,

I just had a couple of photos rejected for various reasons.

The following for being undersharpened and wrong categories. I honestly donīt remember what catagories that was tick if any since its 10days since I uploaded them. On both my screen they are well sharpened without being oversharpened or undersharp.
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thos one is just undersharp which I seem strange since itīs sharp on my screens.

I have lately had a lot rejected for undersharpened which I find strange since they are sharp on my end.
    Best regards

Peter Lund

Originally posted by Peter Lund View Post
    Hi guys,

I just had a couple of photos rejected for various reasons.

The following for being undersharpened and wrong categories. I honestly donīt remember what catagories that was tick if any since its 10days since I uploaded them. On both my screen they are well sharpened without being oversharpened or undersharp.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6759288
    These are all blurry towards the nose
    Thos one is just undersharp which I seem strange since itīs sharp on my screens.
    This one is borderline. Maybe it would be accepted on appeal.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thanks GeDO,
      Iīll try appealling the last one.
      Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Dear Team,

I recently got these rejected for vignetting, however others take at the same has been accepted or rejected without vignetting being the cause.

I would also like some explanation on how to avoid "Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)" since that is one of the other reason I often experience.
        Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Dear Team,

I recently got these rejected for vignetting, however others take at the same has been accepted or rejected without vignetting being the cause.

I would also like some explanation on how to avoid "Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)" since that is one of the other reason I often experience.
          Vignetting due to corners being of a significantly different brightness than the rest of the frame. Bad color due to all of your images being submitted with Adobe RGB 1998 as the embedded color profile. Please use sRGB instead.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
            I am just surprised that some of the pictures had vignetting and others didnīt when they were taken in the same time periode on the same day and same equipment.

Regarding sRGB this is something I think I found out how to do.
            Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
              I am just surprised that some of the pictures had vignetting and others didnīt when they were taken in the same time periode on the same day and same equipment.
              Not too surprising actually, given that you seem to have been shooting with the aperture relatively wide open. Anything f/5.6 and below is more likely to show vignetting, especially when using a full-frame sensor. How much you've cropped the images will also play a factor in how much vignetting shows up. Heavy crops will obviously show less vignetting as you've effectively cut off the corners, while images with little cropping are much more likely to show it since more of the corners are there.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                Not too surprising actually, given that you seem to have been shooting with the aperture relatively wide open. Anything f/5.6 and below is more likely to show vignetting, especially when using a full-frame sensor. How much you've cropped the images will also play a factor in how much vignetting shows up. Heavy crops will obviously show less vignetting as you've effectively cut off the corners, while images with little cropping are much more likely to show it since more of the corners are there.
                Thatīs true. Itīs been sometime since I edited those pictures so I canīt recall how much crop that was used in the other pictures.
                I try to shoot with f/5.6 or more.
                Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Hi all,
                  I finally managed to get some photos accepted again and a few rejected.

I got a question to this rejection (file error and bad info)

The file error I have never received before and would like soem clarification and is the bad info because itīs uploaded as Germanwings and not Eurowings ?

Also, thank you for correcting my Smartwings hybrid which I had ticked off as special colours.
                  Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

The file error I have never received before and would like soem clarification
                    Only the top half of your image loads for me. The bottom half is just white. Not sure whether it's just me or the screeners experienced the same issue.

Comment

Hi all,
                      I finally managed to get some photos accepted again and a few rejected.

I got a question to this rejection (file error and bad info)

The file error I have never received before and would like soem clarification
                      File is corrupted. You will need to submit it again.

and is the bad info because itīs uploaded as Germanwings and not Eurowings ?
                      This is not a military aircraft.

Comment

Thanks, I have tried uploading again.

I thought I had selected Civil genre, but apparently it didnīt register or I forgot.
                        Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Hi guys,

I am almost done editing the last pictures I have.

There are still a bunch which is as old as 4 years I still ahvenīt uploaded, but before I do so I would like to know if they are acceptable or if I need to start all over again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B-18708c031214.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	603.2 KB
ID:	1039688Click image for larger version

Name:	N619AEd031214.jpg
Size:	642.9 KB
ID:	1039689Click image for larger version

Name:	N951NNf031214.jpg
Size:	666.9 KB
ID:	1039690Click image for larger version

Name:	D-ABKJd260514.jpg
Size:	746.2 KB
ID:	1039691Click image for larger version

Name:	JA814Ae260514.jpg
Size:	726.8 KB
ID:	1039692
                          Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Hi guys,

I am almost done editing the last pictures I have.

There are still a bunch which is as old as 4 years I still ahvenīt uploaded, but before I do so I would like to know if they are acceptable or if I need to start all over again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25033[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25034[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25035[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25036[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25037[/ATTACH]
                            All images will need to be uploaded with sRGB color profile, or a color rejection may result.

1. borderline contrast
                            2-3 soft/blurry
                            4. borderline contrast
                            5. borderline exposure/contrast

Comment

Hi Screeners,

I tried to upload a picture of 9HPGS which isnīt in the database and both attempts was rejected.

Will the picture below stand a chance which is a different angle than the 2 attempts ?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	9H-PGSf100619.jpg
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1039974
                              Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Working...
                              X