Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: CMOS dust spots - can you tell me where?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    KLAS
    Posts
    117

    Default CMOS dust spots - can you tell me where?

    One of my steps in editing for JetPhotos is to remove any visible dust spots, but apparently I must have missed one, I can't see it in the find dust spots, I can't see it on my computer in photoshop equalize .....
    Can someone point it (them?) out to me please?

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6781951

  2. #2
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
    One of my steps in editing for JetPhotos is to remove any visible dust spots, but apparently I must have missed one, I can't see it in the find dust spots, I can't see it on my computer in photoshop equalize .....
    Can someone point it (them?) out to me please?

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6781951
    Speck in the sky directly above the 'r' in Spirit.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    KLAS
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Speck in the sky directly above the 'r' in Spirit.
    I can see a bird lol but I don't see any dust spots, it is killing me. Is it lower than that? Between the hangar and the bird?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    128

    Default

    I had a photo rejected on another website for dust spots once. Only, the dust spot was obviously an aircraft and in the rejection note he said "Dust spot may be aircraft but no additional motive." This annoyed the daylights out of me because the subject was properly centered. So sometimes you just have to suck it up, take it in and fix it and then re-upload. By doing that I got it accepted on the other website and Jetphotos. You don't have to take it, but that's my advice.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    KLAS
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
    I had a photo rejected on another website for dust spots once. Only, the dust spot was obviously an aircraft and in the rejection note he said "Dust spot may be aircraft but no additional motive." This annoyed the daylights out of me because the subject was properly centered. So sometimes you just have to suck it up, take it in and fix it and then re-upload. By doing that I got it accepted on the other website and Jetphotos. You don't have to take it, but that's my advice.
    lol well right now I just want to see where the spot(s) is (are), I have been experimenting a few ways to find the spots since PS equalize is not as strong as find dust here.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    KLAS
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Oh wait, are you saying what they say the dust spot is the bird?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Yes, I think so. What you want to do is equalize and zoom in on the area where the dust spot is. You should be able to see it then if you couldn't before. Make sure you undo the equalize before you clone it out though.

  8. #8
    Junior Member PrestonFiedler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    79

    Default

    If you've edited to an intermediate file (PSD for example), it should be a very easy fix to clone out and then re-upload.



  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    KLAS
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
    Yes, I think so. What you want to do is equalize and zoom in on the area where the dust spot is. You should be able to see it then if you couldn't before. Make sure you undo the equalize before you clone it out though.
    Yes thank you that is part of my process. I did see the bird and left it there because I didn't want to remove elements of the picture except the actual dust spots, like the upload guidelines suggest lol. I just rechecked and the bird is visible in different areas in previous and following pics, so I know for sure it's not a dust spot (after a few pics I can usually tell exactly where the dust spots will be). Now I just want to make sure it is that bird they are calling a dust spot and not an actual dust spot somewhere else I am missing, wouldn't want to waste another 11 days in upload and another slot ......

    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonFiedler View Post
    If you've edited to an intermediate file (PSD for example), it should be a very easy fix to clone out and then re-upload.
    Yes. I just need to make sure that the bird is the spot they are taking about

  10. #10
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,426

    Default

    yes it's that spot - There'n no way to see that's it's a bird compared to dust or death pixel, on such case it should be removed
    Please note that pic also suffers from halos (not too visible but still there) and being borderline backlit (one could argue the queue is in its shadow)

    Regards
    Alex

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    KLAS
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    yes it's that spot - There'n no way to see that's it's a bird compared to dust or death pixel, on such case it should be removed
    Please note that pic also suffers from halos (not too visible but still there) and being borderline backlit (one could argue the queue is in its shadow)

    Regards
    Alex
    Perfect! I guess no need to fix and re-upload then
    Good to know about the bird, I will remove those from now on also
    Thank you all!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •