Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CMOS dust spots - can you tell me where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMOS dust spots - can you tell me where?

One of my steps in editing for JetPhotos is to remove any visible dust spots, but apparently I must have missed one, I can't see it in the find dust spots, I can't see it on my computer in photoshop equalize .....
    Can someone point it (them?) out to me please?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Originally posted by 71sbeetle View Post
    One of my steps in editing for JetPhotos is to remove any visible dust spots, but apparently I must have missed one, I can't see it in the find dust spots, I can't see it on my computer in photoshop equalize .....
    Can someone point it (them?) out to me please?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6781951
    Speck in the sky directly above the 'r' in Spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Speck in the sky directly above the 'r' in Spirit.
      I can see a bird lol but I don't see any dust spots, it is killing me. Is it lower than that? Between the hangar and the bird?

Comment

I had a photo rejected on another website for dust spots once. Only, the dust spot was obviously an aircraft and in the rejection note he said "Dust spot may be aircraft but no additional motive." This annoyed the daylights out of me because the subject was properly centered. So sometimes you just have to suck it up, take it in and fix it and then re-upload. By doing that I got it accepted on the other website and Jetphotos. You don't have to take it, but that's my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
          I had a photo rejected on another website for dust spots once. Only, the dust spot was obviously an aircraft and in the rejection note he said "Dust spot may be aircraft but no additional motive." This annoyed the daylights out of me because the subject was properly centered. So sometimes you just have to suck it up, take it in and fix it and then re-upload. By doing that I got it accepted on the other website and Jetphotos. You don't have to take it, but that's my advice.
          lol well right now I just want to see where the spot(s) is (are), I have been experimenting a few ways to find the spots since PS equalize is not as strong as find dust here.

Comment

Oh wait, are you saying what they say the dust spot is the bird?

Comment

Yes, I think so. What you want to do is equalize and zoom in on the area where the dust spot is. You should be able to see it then if you couldn't before. Make sure you undo the equalize before you clone it out though.

Comment

If you've edited to an intermediate file (PSD for example), it should be a very easy fix to clone out and then re-upload.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
                  Yes, I think so. What you want to do is equalize and zoom in on the area where the dust spot is. You should be able to see it then if you couldn't before. Make sure you undo the equalize before you clone it out though.
                  Yes thank you that is part of my process. I did see the bird and left it there because I didn't want to remove elements of the picture except the actual dust spots, like the upload guidelines suggest lol. I just rechecked and the bird is visible in different areas in previous and following pics, so I know for sure it's not a dust spot (after a few pics I can usually tell exactly where the dust spots will be). Now I just want to make sure it is that bird they are calling a dust spot and not an actual dust spot somewhere else I am missing, wouldn't want to waste another 11 days in upload and another slot ......

Originally posted by PrestonFiedler View Post
                  If you've edited to an intermediate file (PSD for example), it should be a very easy fix to clone out and then re-upload.
                  Yes. I just need to make sure that the bird is the spot they are taking about

Comment

yes it's that spot - There'n no way to see that's it's a bird compared to dust or death pixel, on such case it should be removed
                    Please note that pic also suffers from halos (not too visible but still there) and being borderline backlit (one could argue the queue is in its shadow)

Regards
                    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                      yes it's that spot - There'n no way to see that's it's a bird compared to dust or death pixel, on such case it should be removed
                      Please note that pic also suffers from halos (not too visible but still there) and being borderline backlit (one could argue the queue is in its shadow)

Regards
                      Alex
                      Perfect! I guess no need to fix and re-upload then
                      Good to know about the bird, I will remove those from now on also
                      Thank you all!

Comment

Working...
                      X