Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JP.NET Meetup, LHR Sunday 30th November 2003!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP.NET Meetup, LHR Sunday 30th November 2003!

Hey Guys,

Well my flights are booked and Kevin Cadd is also confirmed to be at LHR on Sunday 30th November. So the question is...... Anyone else want to turn up? Hopefully with it been a weekend we can make a pretty good turn out.

If you want to turn up just e-mail me or reply to this topic so I can get an idea of numbers etc and so I can plan a meeting place where we can all spend the day, most likely if 27L/R is in use it will be Myrtle Avenue!

My flight details are as follows....

date: Sun 30 Nov 2003 flight no: BD581

depart: 06:45 arrives: 07:50

-------------------------------------------

date: Mon 1 Dec 2003 flight no: BD586

depart: 11:05 arrives: 12:10

My sunday departure means I have to sleep in MAN overnight.....oh the fun! Hope to hear from loads of you!
    E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Re: JP.NET Meetup, LHR Sunday 30th November 2003!

Originally posted by bapilot2b
    My sunday departure means I have to sleep in MAN overnight
    Just get up early, i have to do it all the time when i go on holiday.

Comment

Wish it was that easy Grant! Trains between Rotherham/Sheffield to MAN are not very frequent Sundays, earliest I could get to MAN is 10AM! So a late train into MAN saturday night will only mean 5 hours to kill at MAN before I can check in/pass security . Hmmm...night shots .

Hahahhaa and Monday when I get back I have to go streight from getting home to college for Cabin Crew Training, in uniform too!

Comment

Sorry i didn't know you were going by train.

Good to see a local on these forums, i'm from Sheffield.

Comment

You guys kill me.....

How have you managed to arrange this meet up to be when I am on holiday? I'll be spotting in Singapore Changi on the morning of 30th November, but by 6.15 pm I should be back at 'my' airport. I'm off on Monday 1st December so I might see you that morning Jason.

It would be great if one of you could somehow get some shots of my flight coming into LHR but it'll be dark unfortunately.

Matt
          My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

I suppose if I went, I would go on the train and tube:

Heathrow is zone 6 for travelcards, isn't it? Would these arrival times be a bit late?
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Another option is Horley to Clapham and then Clapham to Feltham (6 trains per hour), at Feltham there is a bus (travelcard zone 6) that runs every 8-10 mins and takes about 10 mins to get to Hatton Cross.

I live in Feltham and use that route whenever I go to LGW.

Matt
              My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Thanks, I never thought about a route like that. I don't know Heathrow at all. The first time I'll fly from there will be on the 15th of this month so by the 30th I'd have a better idea of the area.
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by egll
                  You guys kill me.....

How have you managed to arrange this meet up to be when I am on holiday?
                  Matt
                  Well TBH Matt it was kind of a last minute decision to book my flight last night, wanted to make my last visit to LHR of 2003. got my flight for £46 rtn .

Would be great to see you Monday morning Matt, and would be great if you could also make it on Sunday Ilbap. We will see whoever wants to come and their scheduled time of arrival and we could set up a meet up time where everyone who is turning up will meet .

Grant, sure is nice to see locals! Im wanting to find more in this area, trying to start up a small website for local spotters, and want to somehow have a few socials like our friends across the pond in NY do!

Comment

Surely everyone isnt that scared of the cold!!!

Comment

yeah i will just shell out $2000aud for the trip over. try organize something well in advance so some of the far flung photographers can get over too! :P :P

next trips
                      USA/DXB August.

Comment

Well maybe we ought to organise one for next year so that everyone can have the chance to come eh! ATM this is just alittle last minute for alot of the LHR regualrs .

Comment

If somebody pays for my ticket i'll be there :P

Comment

Originally posted by bapilot2b
                            Grant, sure is nice to see locals! Im wanting to find more in this area, trying to start up a small website for local spotters, and want to somehow have a few socials like our friends across the pond in NY do!
                            Sounds good Jason.

Comment

Sorry guys, I can't be there

Comment

Working...
                              X