No announcement yet.

Pre-Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I never got my wrench to take off my polarizing filter, so I decide to take some shots on the ramp. Would this pass? Also let me know if I can edit out mistakes or if it's unfixable.

Comment

Originally posted by Wordpress View Post
      https://ibb.co/g4MaVf
      So I never got my wrench to take off my polarizing filter, so I decide to take some shots on the ramp. Would this pass? Also let me know if I can edit out mistakes or if it's unfixable.
      This would certainly be rejected, for multiple reasons. Most of them could be addressed with a better edit, except the poor light which means you would never be able to get the contrast better than borderline at best.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
        This would certainly be rejected, for multiple reasons. Most of them could be addressed with a better edit, except the poor light which means you would never be able to get the contrast better than borderline at best.
        It'll probably be the same for this then?

Also, could you list out all of the problems (besides low light)?

Comment

It'll probably be the same for this then?
          https://ibb.co/dz8fVf
          Yes.

Also, could you list out all of the problems (besides low light)?
          Contrast
          Horizon
          Too Far
          Cropping/ratio
          Soft
          Centering
          Compression

Comment

I agree on all of these, I tried taking quick shots through the fence, didn't really know how to crop it, batched up some settings real quick without a tripod on a crappy day and voila. lol
            Regardless, do you have any suggestions on how to fix the "soft?" I've always had a problem with soft.

Comment

Regardless, do you have any suggestions on how to fix the "soft?" I've always had a problem with soft.
              Add sharpening in post-processing.

Comment

Is this better?

Comment

https://ibb.co/cS2xvf
                  Is this better?
                  Would be rejected for contrast, centering, too far, and cropping/ratio.

Comment

Would be rejected for contrast, centering, too far, and cropping/ratio.
                    Ok, so is the fuel truck considered part of the aircraft when centering? Also, what is cropping/ratio, it's 16x9. Also, can too far be fixed by a tighter crop or would that be a lens with more focal length.

Comment

Ok, so is the fuel truck considered part of the aircraft when centering? Also, what is cropping/ratio, it's 16x9. Also, can too far be fixed by a tighter crop or would that be a lens with more focal length.
                      Even if the fuel truck were to be considered integral to the scene (debatable), there is no reason for such a wide crop. The ratio is actually acceptable; for some reason the version I looked at earlier was displaying at less than 1024 pix.

Comment

Even if the fuel truck were to be considered integral to the scene (debatable), there is no reason for such a wide crop. The ratio is actually acceptable; for some reason the version I looked at earlier was displaying at less than 1024 pix.
                        So should I try to get the crop as close to the wing on the right and as close to the fuel truck on the left as possible?

Comment

So should I try to get the crop as close to the wing on the right and as close to the fuel truck on the left as possible?
                          In general, closer crops are prefered, just not too close. Browse the 1000s of similar images in the DB to get an idea. Also keep in mind the contrast is such that even with a better crop, this image would still be rejected.

Comment

In general, closer crops are prefered, just not too close. Browse the 1000s of similar images in the DB to get an idea. Also keep in mind the contrast is such that even with a better crop, this image would still be rejected.
                            Ok, I'll shoot closer and on a better day. Thanks for your help.
                            And I tried to save the image here, I'm not expecting it to be perfect, but would this very last edit suffice?

Comment

Ok, I'll shoot closer and on a better day. Thanks for your help.
                              And I tried to save the image here, I'm not expecting it to be perfect, but would this very last edit suffice?
                              This would be rejected for overexposure, contrast, centering, soft, and cropping/ratio.

Comment

This is one from the same day, but I edited/cropped out the fence. Is this good?

Comment

Working...
                                X