• Show
Clear All

• Vicknesh PS - Editing Advice

Click image for larger version

Name:	9M-RAE Spots.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	363.2 KB
ID:	1045761

Good day. I have this problem of spots visible when I equalize a photo. Could you please guide me on what is the problem?
    Camera is a Sony A6000, lens 18-135mm F3.6-F5.6.
    It is very much more obvious when zoom is set >100mm.
    At 70mm, I will, maybe, get 1 spot.
    Aperture is set at F8.
    (When I use another lens 55-210mm with the same settings, I will get only 1 spot)

Is this
    1. CMOS Dust?
    2. Lens issue?

Hope someone can advice me on what I should do next.
    Thanks
    Vicknesh

Originally posted by Vicknesh PS View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]19005[/ATTACH]

Good day. I have this problem of spots visible when I equalize a photo. Could you please guide me on what is the problem?
    Camera is a Sony A6000, lens 18-135mm F3.6-F5.6.
    It is very much more obvious when zoom is set >100mm.
    At 70mm, I will, maybe, get 1 spot.
    Aperture is set at F8.
    (When I use another lens 55-210mm with the same settings, I will get only 1 spot)

Is this
    1. CMOS Dust?
    2. Lens issue?

Hope someone can advice me on what I should do next.
    Thanks
    Vicknesh
    Those are dust spots on your sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Those are dust spots on your sensor.
      Thank you very much for your quick reply! Will send it in for cleaning.
      Thanks once again.

Comment

JPEG Compression Rejection - Advice Request

Good day to you.
        I sometimes get "JPEG Compression" rejections and I always fail to find it.
        Could someone kindly have a look at this photo and if it is not too much trouble, circle the problem so that I can learn & detect it before hand.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Is it worth an appeal?

Thank you & best regards

Comment

Personally, I would trust the screeners if you can't find them. There are ways to get rid of them in post-processing that I find work quite well, doing that should get rid of them. I'm not an expert so if somebody better comes along (I'm pretty sure they will) trust them instead of me.

Comment

Good day to you.
            I sometimes get "JPEG Compression" rejections and I always fail to find it.
            Could someone kindly have a look at this photo and if it is not too much trouble, circle the problem so that I can learn & detect it before hand.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Is it worth an appeal?

Thank you & best regards
            Looks fine to me. Worth an appeal.

Comment

Looks fine to me. Worth an appeal.
              Thank you dlowwa and Michael. Appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Good morning. I recently had a rejection for "Oversharpen".

Could you please guide me on how I can catch cases of "oversharpen", from this photo for example?
                Could you kindly circle the problem areas so that I will know what to look out for in the future?

Is it worth an appeal?

Thank you for your time & best regards

Comment

Good morning. I recently had a rejection for "Oversharpen".

Could you please guide me on how I can catch cases of "oversharpen", from this photo for example?
                  Could you kindly circle the problem areas so that I will know what to look out for in the future?

Is it worth an appeal?

Visible a bit on the titles and nose gear, but not that bad imho.

Comment

Visible a bit on the titles and nose gear, but not that bad imho.
                    Thank you for the advice. I think I will try an appeal since it may not be so serious.
                    All the same I will keep an eye out similiar symptoms in my newer submissions.

Thank you once again.

Comment

A very good day to you.
                      I have a photo https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7057479 which was rejected for "undersharpened".
                      Could you kindly advice me on which section of the fuselage is soft?

Comment

A very good day to you.
                        I have a photo https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7057479 which was rejected for "undersharpened".
                        Could you kindly advice me on which section of the fuselage is soft?

Whole aircraft is soft, but especially noticeable on tail & wing.

Comment

Whole aircraft is soft, but especially noticeable on tail & wing.
                          Noted.
                          Thank you very much. Will improve.

Comment

Hi there again.
                            I hope you don't mind, I am trying to get a better grasp on evaluating "undersharpened/soft"

From the above rejected photo, which part of the aircraft is soft?

Thank for your time and best regards.

Comment

Hi there again.
                              I hope you don't mind, I am trying to get a better grasp on evaluating "undersharpened/soft"

From the above rejected photo, which part of the aircraft is soft?

Thank for your time and best regards.
                              Whole aircraft is soft, not just one area in particular.

Comment

Working...
                              X