• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noted & thank you.

Comment

Good day to you.
      Just a simple question.
      If I have a "head on" shot of an aircraft already in the database, and if I now post a "side shot" of the same aircraft & and same day, will it be rejected as similar or same photo?

Best regards

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
          yes
          Noted & thank you

Comment

Good day.
            I have the following photo rejected for "Too much noise or grain"

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Could you please have a look help point out to me the affected areas so I will know what to look out for in the future?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicknesh PS View Post
              Good day.
              I have the following photo rejected for "Too much noise or grain"

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Could you please have a look help point out to me the affected areas so I will know what to look out for in the future?

Thank you and have a nice day.
              Sky is noisy. Also borderline for soft/contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                Sky is noisy. Also borderline for soft/contrast.
                Noted, thanks.

Comment

Good evening.
                  I still seem to have problems determining picture softness.
                  I just had two photos rejected back to back for "undersharpened/soft".

This photo was rejected earlier for "Tail area soft/blurry". I sharpened it up & gave it another go, but it still failed.

Could kindly have another look at the 2 photos & guide me on which parts are soft?

Are they worth an appeal?

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Good evening.
                    I still seem to have problems determining picture softness.
                    I just had two photos rejected back to back for "undersharpened/soft".

This photo was rejected earlier for "Tail area soft/blurry". I sharpened it up & gave it another go, but it still failed.

Could kindly have another look at the 2 photos & guide me on which parts are soft?

Are they worth an appeal?

Thank you for your time.
                    CX - whole right side is slightly soft/blurry. NH - whole aircraft has soft/blurry spots. Why don't you post the full-size original of the NH so we can see how bad it actually is. Definitely not worth an appeal, imho.

Comment

CX - whole right side is slightly soft/blurry. NH - whole aircraft has soft/blurry spots. Why don't you post the full-size original of the NH so we can see how bad it actually is. Definitely not worth an appeal, imho.
                      Noted. Thank you. From what you have explained I may have an idea of where I went wrong. Will try again.

Comment

I am posting the pictures for NH (ANA B789).

This is the full size original JPEG. (My apologies I am not very good with processing photos so I don't shoot in RAW)

This is the processed photo before resizing

This is the rejected soft photo

I sharpened up the photo, does this work?

I greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you for taking the time to help me improve my photo processing.

Comment

I am posting the pictures for NH (ANA B789).

This is the full size original JPEG. (My apologies I am not very good with processing photos so I don't shoot in RAW)

This is the processed photo before resizing

This is the rejected soft photo

I sharpened up the photo, does this work?

I greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you for taking the time to help me improve my photo processing.
                          Where your problem is occuring is quite obvious - the 'processed photo before resizing' (2nd link) is much softer than the original. Why this that happened, I have no idea, but you might want to re-work your processing steps/workflow. The 'full size original' (1st link) is also soft, but not as soft as the 2nd step. The other issue is there is a significant crop happening, and the more you need to crop, the less you will be able to hide any softness. But again, you've somehow made the second step softer than the original, which is obviously not something you want to be doing.

The 'sharpened up' photo (4th link) would still certainly be a rejection for soft.

Comment

Where your problem is occuring is quite obvious - the 'processed photo before resizing' (2nd link) is much softer than the original. Why this that happened, I have no idea, but you might want to re-work your processing steps/workflow. The 'full size original' (1st link) is also soft, but not as soft as the 2nd step. The other issue is there is a significant crop happening, and the more you need to crop, the less you will be able to hide any softness. But again, you've somehow made the second step softer than the original, which is obviously not something you want to be doing.

The 'sharpened up' photo (4th link) would still certainly be a rejection for soft.
                            Wow, that is good info. Means my level, curve and contrast adjustments are contributing towards softness.

I maybe brightening it up too much.
                            My fear of "underexposure" maybe causing it.

Noted on the cropping too.

Thank you very much!

Comment

Wow, that is good info. Means my level, curve and contrast adjustments are contributing towards softness.

I maybe brightening it up too much.
                              My fear of "underexposure" maybe causing it.
                              I doubt any of those are causing such a degradation in quality, or at least normally none of them should be. Looks more like a problem with re-sizing or compression.

Comment

I doubt any of those are causing such a degradation in quality, or at least normally none of them should be. Looks more like a problem with re-sizing or compression.
                                Understood. Thank you.
                                Buddy, you have been most helpful.

Comment

Working...
                                X