Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 231

Thread: Editing Advice - Arnold Aaron

  1. #181
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    132

    Default

    I'd leave the entire gear door in if you can. Not sure if the gear door alone would cause a rejection though.

  2. #182
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Is this framing acceptable, or is it classed as being 'cut-off'....?

    Attachment 26357
    Framing is acceptable. Other issues present, however.

  3. #183
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    138

    Default

    hi, Just had this one rejected for being unsharpened, and over-processed. However, Im having trouble seeing where there are halos/over-processing...could you kindly point them out please.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23156_1562460496.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	667.8 KB 
ID:	26418

  4. #184
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    hi, Just had this one rejected for being unsharpened, and over-processed. However, Im having trouble seeing where there are halos/over-processing...could you kindly point them out please.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23156_1562460496.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	667.8 KB 
ID:	26418
    Hi, Just had a look at the rejected image for you. There is an editing halo around the whole airframe. I also see color noise on the underside of the airframe, did you push the shadow slider up? Either way, look at in your processing workflow.
    Regards T

  5. #185
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Is this framing acceptable? - thnx.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7013.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	553.5 KB 
ID:	26819

  6. #186
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Is this framing acceptable? - thnx.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7013.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	553.5 KB 
ID:	26819
    Borderline, but would be acceptable for me. Color looks a bit oversaturated.

  7. #187
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    138

    Default

    I've taken a few shots of the spotting point at Myrtle Avenue, London Heathrow. Each of my shots features a different aircraft in the background - but each photo is the same spotting point/date/time etc. Could I upload each of these showing different aircraft, or simply pick one photo from that particular day/position? Thanks. e.g. - see these 3....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0888.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	949.2 KB 
ID:	26855
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0893-2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	911.3 KB 
ID:	26856
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0918.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	26857

  8. #188
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    I've taken a few shots of the spotting point at Myrtle Avenue, London Heathrow. Each of my shots features a different aircraft in the background - but each photo is the same spotting point/date/time etc. Could I upload each of these showing different aircraft, or simply pick one photo from that particular day/position? Thanks. e.g. - see these 3....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0888.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	949.2 KB 
ID:	26855
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0893-2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	911.3 KB 
ID:	26856
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0918.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	26857
    These would only qualify as 'Spotting Location' as the aircraft is too far, so you can submit only one.

  9. #189
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Is this framing acceptable? - MAny thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0811-2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	520.1 KB 
ID:	27010

  10. #190
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Is this framing acceptable? - MAny thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0811-2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	520.1 KB 
ID:	27010
    Quality's not really there, but the framing would be ok for a different shot.

  11. #191
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Can I get your thoughts on this early morning shot...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8022-7.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	413.7 KB 
ID:	27020

  12. #192
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Can I get your thoughts on this early morning shot...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8022-7.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	413.7 KB 
ID:	27020
    Very soft.

  13. #193
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Would this make the grade?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1617.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	298.7 KB 
ID:	27070

  14. #194
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Would this make the grade?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1617.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	298.7 KB 
ID:	27070
    Don't think so. Likely to be rejected for soft, compression, and possibly color.

  15. #195
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Would the barbed wire at the rear by the tail lead to a rejection for clutter/obstruction?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2075.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	914.3 KB 
ID:	27465

  16. #196
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Would the barbed wire at the rear by the tail lead to a rejection for clutter/obstruction?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2075.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	914.3 KB 
ID:	27465
    Unsightly, but technically not obstruction.

  17. #197
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Is this sharp enough for 1920px? hopefully not too much noise...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3320-5.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	817.3 KB 
ID:	27504


    PS - The spotting at Manchester (where this was taken) is absolutely spectacular!!

  18. #198
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Is this sharp enough for 1920px? hopefully not too much noise...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3320-5.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	817.3 KB 
ID:	27504


    PS - The spotting at Manchester (where this was taken) is absolutely spectacular!!
    sorry poor quality image.

    yes MAN is amazing
    Last edited by 777MAN; 08-21-2019 at 08:32 PM.

  19. #199
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Could you be a bit more helpful please....Poor quality in what regard? - Is there too much noise for this size? - picture not sharp enough? - would it be better at say 1280, like this?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3320-4.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	329.4 KB 
ID:	27510

  20. #200
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Could you be a bit more helpful please....Poor quality in what regard? - Is there too much noise for this size? - picture not sharp enough? - would it be better at say 1280, like this?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3320-4.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	329.4 KB 
ID:	27510
    Much too soft/blurry for 1920. Even at 1280 still kind of soft. Looks like a significant crop + heat haze causing the issue(s).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •