Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 217

Thread: Editing Advice - Arnold Aaron

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Good morning.

    Can I check this one is ok. Hopefully Im getting closer to mastering this...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2271-7.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	378.0 KB 
ID:	20235

    Thank you.

  2. #62
    JetPhotos.Net Crew Sandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Should be ok

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Can I run this past the forum...

    I've bumped up the contrast, and rotated slightly... Just want to check I've got this right. Thanks as always.

    Arnold.

    Please see the top photo... Ignore the pic below which says 'attached thumbnails'

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9750-7.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	460.5 KB 
ID:	20282
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9750-3.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	483.7 KB 
ID:	20281  

  4. #64
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Can I run this past the forum...

    I've bumped up the contrast, and rotated slightly... Just want to check I've got this right. Thanks as always.

    Arnold.

    Please see the top photo... Ignore the pic below which says 'attached thumbnails'

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9750-7.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	460.5 KB 
ID:	20282
    Horizon looks fine, but a bit low, and still almost certainly a contrast rejection.

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Made a tweak to the contrast - please confirm now ok. Your patience is appreciated!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9750-4.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	457.8 KB 
ID:	20295

  6. #66
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Made a tweak to the contrast - please confirm now ok. Your patience is appreciated!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9750-4.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	457.8 KB 
ID:	20295
    Marginally better, but I still wouldn't give it too much of a chance.

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Does it need even more contrast?

    Please advise. Thank you.

  8. #68
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Does it need even more contrast?

    Please advise. Thank you.
    It needs to have been taken in better light (ie not so strong overcast skies), which you can't fix with editing.

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Good morning...

    I've just had this photo rejected for being similar to a photo already in the database. However, the 2 photos show completely different views of the aircraft, yes they were taken in the same sequence, but one is a full shot of the a/c, while the other is a side profile showing the nose and underside of the wing/engine - a completely different presentation of the plane. Surely these are completely different photos, albeit of the same a/c, are they not? I could understand the rejection if both were full shots of the a/c, but surely both photos have merits on being in the database.

    Is this a worthy of an appeal?

    The rejected photo:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42931_1544180750.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	386.1 KB 
ID:	20384


    Photo already in database:
    https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/5/78200_1543277738.jpg

  10. #70
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Is this a worthy of an appeal?
    No, because

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    yes they were taken in the same sequence,
    https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version

    2.6 Similar

    "- a photo taken from the same sequence the same day is considered similar."

  11. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Can I run these 2 past you please, - AA, and the Virgin A330. Hope I've got the crop, and sharpness/contrast correct on both of them. Many thanks.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3150-2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	613.3 KB 
ID:	20472

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    129

    Default

    and this Virgin A330...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8527-7.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	346.5 KB 
ID:	20473

  13. #73
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Can I run these 2 past you please, - AA, and the Virgin A330. Hope I've got the crop, and sharpness/contrast correct on both of them. Many thanks.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3150-2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	613.3 KB 
ID:	20472
    Soft, noisy, cropping/ratio, overprocessed.

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    and this Virgin A330...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8527-7.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	346.5 KB 
ID:	20473
    Dark, overprocessed.

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Can I run this BA 747-400 past you...(the 2nd photo has a slightly higher level of brightness - not sure which is better?)

    I've kept the highlights and contrast as close to zero as possible to avoid halos...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2997.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	426.0 KB 
ID:	20531
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2997.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	455.4 KB 
ID:	20530  

  15. #75
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Can I run this BA 747-400 past you...(the 2nd photo has a slightly higher level of brightness - not sure which is better?)

    I've kept the highlights and contrast as close to zero as possible to avoid halos...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2997.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	426.0 KB 
ID:	20531
    You've still got some localized halos that would cause an overprocessed rejection. However you've decided to mask/select/isolate the aircraft from the background, you've not done the best job of it, and there are halos in areas that would make them impossible to remove.

  16. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Would be grateful for your thoughts on these photos...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1878-2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	20934

    and

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3759.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	909.8 KB 
ID:	20935

    and

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4800.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	563.3 KB 
ID:	20940

    Many thanks.

  17. #77
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Would be grateful for your thoughts on these photos...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1878-2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	20934

    and

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3759.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	909.8 KB 
ID:	20935

    and

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4800.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	563.3 KB 
ID:	20940

    Many thanks.
    1, 3: OK
    2: would be a motive rejection for me. Nothing really aviation related to see, too many recognizable people.
    Last edited by LX-A343; 01-07-2019 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    129

    Default

    SHould have mentioned that photo 2 is the terminal at LLBG, Tel Aviv.

  19. #79
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    SHould have mentioned that photo 2 is the terminal at LLBG, Tel Aviv.
    Indeed, but without knowing that, it could just as easily be a museum, train station, etc.. Interior terminal shots should generally show clearly that it is an airport.

  20. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Good morning....Can I chime in on these 3 pics please. Thank you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5352601.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	452.0 KB 
ID:	20969

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1298.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	529.7 KB 
ID:	20970

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3312.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	332.7 KB 
ID:	20971

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •