Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 229

Thread: Editing Advice - Arnold Aaron

  1. #81
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Good morning....Can I chime in on these 3 pics please. Thank you.

    Attachment 20969

    Attachment 20970

    Attachment 20971
    1: OK, maybe borderline contrast
    2: OK
    3: a tad soft

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Thank you, Sir.

    For the picture 3 (a tad soft), what would you suggest I do to improve the softness? - Add a little more sharpening? This is where I get a little out of my depth, as I don't want to induce jagged edges if I sharpen too much. thanks again.

  3. #83
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Thank you, Sir.

    For the picture 3 (a tad soft), what would you suggest I do to improve the softness? - Add a little more sharpening? This is where I get a little out of my depth, as I don't want to induce jagged edges if I sharpen too much. thanks again.
    If you have "Smart sharpen" then add a bit of that one. If not, try with "Unsharp mask"

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    137

    Default

    What are your thoughts on these pics - thanks again.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4030.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	20992

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4150-2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	609.0 KB 
ID:	20993

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5935.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	663.5 KB 
ID:	20994

  5. #85
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    What are your thoughts on these pics - thanks again.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4030.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	20992

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4150-2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	609.0 KB 
ID:	20993

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5935.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	663.5 KB 
ID:	20994
    1: colours look a bit overdone, but worth an upload
    2: OK
    3: odd framing, too close cropping on the left, too much dead space on the right

  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Yes, re 3, the Ryanair, I wanted to include that full plume of smoke. Should I cut that off to centre the plane?

  7. #87
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Yes, re 3, the Ryanair, I wanted to include that full plume of smoke. Should I cut that off to centre the plane?
    Cropping a bit closer on the right won't be cutting off that much of the smoke.

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    137

    Default

    okee-dokee - uploading this one for formal screening. Many thanks.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5935-2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	688.8 KB 
ID:	20996

  9. #89
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    okee-dokee - uploading this one for formal screening. Many thanks.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5935-2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	688.8 KB 
ID:	20996
    Crop is fine. Other than the giant dust spot, the contrast is a touch harsh, but would be ok for me.

  10. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Thank you - got rid of the dust spot and taken the contrast down a little.

    Moving on...here's photo of a 747 taken at sunset which I've dug out from last summer. What are your thoughts? -

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2656.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	799.7 KB 
ID:	21006

    Cheers,
    Arnold.

  11. #91
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Thank you - got rid of the dust spot and taken the contrast down a little.

    Moving on...here's photo of a 747 taken at sunset which I've dug out from last summer. What are your thoughts? -

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2656.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	799.7 KB 
ID:	21006

    Cheers,
    Arnold.
    Color oversaturated, depth of field too low, editing halos visible.

  12. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Can I just check I have the centring correct on this Blue 737...

    Please confirm if anything else needs tweaking. - Thank you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6044-3.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	607.3 KB 
ID:	21077

    and also can I check on this one - Hopefully I am getting there...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0658.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	538.9 KB 
ID:	21078
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0581.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	436.3 KB 
ID:	21079  

  13. #93
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Can I just check I have the centring correct on this Blue 737...

    Please confirm if anything else needs tweaking. - Thank you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6044-3.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	607.3 KB 
ID:	21077

    and also can I check on this one - Hopefully I am getting there...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0658.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	538.9 KB 
ID:	21078
    1. dirty, centering (too low), overprocessed
    2. dirty, borderline color (oversaturated)

  14. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Would be grateful for your take on this 757..

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6468.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	642.9 KB 
ID:	21151

  15. #95
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Would be grateful for your take on this 757..

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6468.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	642.9 KB 
ID:	21151
    Would be rejected for horizon, color, overprocessed, and dirty.

  16. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Good evening,
    Just wanting to check this Dash-8 747 & 777.

    Dash 8 - Contrast, highlights and shadow have been left near the 0 setting to avoid halos, and saturation of colours is also at almost the neutral setting. Conditions were ideal, so hope I've not missed anything.

    https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/5/83267_1547679408.jpg

    The 747-400...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3332.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	471.2 KB 
ID:	21175

    and finally this 777 - again tried to keep most settings near neutral, and with nice sunny conditions I hope I've got it right. Thanks for your patience.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3029.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	423.6 KB 
ID:	21176
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1833-3.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	355.2 KB 
ID:	21174  

  17. #97
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    The 747-400...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3332.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	471.2 KB 
ID:	21175
    Overprocessed, borderline contrast.

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    and finally this 777 - again tried to keep most settings near neutral, and with nice sunny conditions I hope I've got it right. Thanks for your patience.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3029.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	423.6 KB 
ID:	21176
    Overprocessed, borderline cut off.

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Can I check these photos are not overprocessed....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5256-2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	321.4 KB 
ID:	21242

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5317.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	506.3 KB 
ID:	21243

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5342.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	384.6 KB 
ID:	21244

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5411.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	438.4 KB 
ID:	21245

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5459.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	446.1 KB 
ID:	21246

  19. #99
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Can I check these photos are not overprocessed....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5256-2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	321.4 KB 
ID:	21242

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5317.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	506.3 KB 
ID:	21243

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5342.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	384.6 KB 
ID:	21244

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5411.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	438.4 KB 
ID:	21245

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5459.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	446.1 KB 
ID:	21246
    Images would indeed be rejected for overprocessed (and dirty).

  20. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Can i ask, are you using a special function, e.g. equalize in photoshop (or any other function) to determine if a photo is over processed, or are you simply judging it with the naked eye? Reason I ask, is that for some reason I can't seem to recognize overprocessing just by looking at my photos...are halos the main culprit in overprocessing? -

    Would you or any other contributor be able to post a shot of my photos with the halos (or other overprocessing) circled in red so that I know what to look for, Obviously I am looking to be self sufficient at, it's just this last leg I need to be able to understand properly.

    Many thanks,
    Arnold.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •