Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 227

Thread: Editing Advice - Arnold Aaron

  1. #101
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Can i ask, are you using a special function, e.g. equalize in photoshop (or any other function) to determine if a photo is over processed, or are you simply judging it with the naked eye? Reason I ask, is that for some reason I can't seem to recognize overprocessing just by looking at my photos...are halos the main culprit in overprocessing? -

    Would you or any other contributor be able to post a shot of my photos with the halos (or other overprocessing) circled in red so that I know what to look for, Obviously I am looking to be self sufficient at, it's just this last leg I need to be able to understand properly.

    Many thanks,
    Arnold.
    The sky immediately next to the aircraft is much darker than the rest of the sky. This is indicative of overprocessing. I've circled the most obvious areas in red. Note it's not the whole aircraft that has these halos, only certain areas.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5317.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	669.0 KB 
ID:	21268

    Equalizing the image will certainly make the halos more obvious, but I see 3,000+ images a week, so noticing them without the extra help isn't too difficult.

  2. #102
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Thank you so much for this - I now realise how subtle the halos are, but now I know what I'm looking for...

    Can I get your take on this one...is the colour and contrast correct?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6221-5.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	517.2 KB 
ID:	21286

  3. #103
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Thank you so much for this - I now realise how subtle the halos are, but now I know what I'm looking for...

    Can I get your take on this one...is the colour and contrast correct?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6221-5.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	517.2 KB 
ID:	21286
    Yes, looks fine.

  4. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Just looking back at a rejection I had on this one - 'Too much or too little contrast'.... I can't make out if it needs more contrast or less. The histogram looks a little flat on the right hand side, am I right in saying therefore I need more contrast?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22112_1546825923.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	481.8 KB 
ID:	21308
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Histogram.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	21309

  5. #105
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Just looking back at a rejection I had on this one - 'Too much or too little contrast'.... I can't make out if it needs more contrast or less. The histogram looks a little flat on the right hand side, am I right in saying therefore I need more contrast?
    Correct.

  6. #106
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Thank you Dana.

    Is the crop acceptable on this BA A380?

    Notwithstanding that, I believe there are no other issues with it, ?? Thank you - really feel Im starting to get the hang of it...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9056-2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	379.4 KB 
ID:	21314

  7. #107
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Thank you Dana.

    Is the crop acceptable on this BA A380?

    Notwithstanding that, I believe there are no other issues with it, ?? Thank you - really feel Im starting to get the hang of it...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9056-2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	379.4 KB 
ID:	21314
    Feels a bit awkward to me. Editing halos also present.

  8. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Can I just check the framing is good on this one. Also I don't see any halos. Please confirm. Thank you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2239-5.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	416.3 KB 
ID:	21354

  9. #109
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Can I just check the framing is good on this one. Also I don't see any halos. Please confirm. Thank you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2239-5.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	416.3 KB 
ID:	21354
    Framing fine and no halos, but other issues.

  10. #110
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    136

    Default

    I know conditions in this are undesirable, but I have seen some pic in overcast conditions....nevertheless this UA 777 my best shot...any chance?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4138.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	331.6 KB 
ID:	21379

  11. #111
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    I know conditions in this are undesirable, but I have seen some pic in overcast conditions....nevertheless this UA 777 my best shot...any chance?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4138.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	331.6 KB 
ID:	21379
    I wouldn't upload it, slim chances of being accepted.

  12. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Thanks for the quick response...would these fare any better?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4177.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	381.2 KB 
ID:	21380

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4228.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	696.9 KB 
ID:	21381

  13. #113
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Thanks for the quick response...would these fare any better?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4177.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	381.2 KB 
ID:	21380

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4228.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	696.9 KB 
ID:	21381
    1. borderline contrast
    2. soft, heat haze, contrast

  14. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Is the contrast ok on this Embraer?

    Any other issues? Thank you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4772-3.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	21441

    Also can i check the crop is acceptable on this VS A330.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5756-2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	21449

  15. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaaron View Post
    Is the contrast ok on this Embraer?

    Any other issues? Thank you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4772-3.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	21441

    Also can i check the crop is acceptable on this VS A330.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5756-2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	21449
    1) Needs to be intended upload size for pre screening (4408pix long side atm)
    2) Crop should be ok, could be tighter. visible noise and CMOS.

    Regards T

  16. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Good morning - I've just had this rejected for JPG compression artefacts - rather odd because I've edited straight off the original RAW file - in any case, would you be able to highlight where the artefacts are showing on this photo? - Also, I omitted to complete the date properly for the photograph - in such cases would I need to re-upload and join the queue again, or can I edit/complete the date and appeal?

    Here's the photo.. PHOTO ID: 7087454

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21803_1548372393.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	434.0 KB 
ID:	21485

    Thank you.

  17. #117
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,455

    Default

    Hi,
    If you look at the sky, you'll actually see squares all over the place which are due to compression. Probably caused by some noise reduction or any filters applied to sky.

    Regards
    Alex

  18. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Can I ask for your opinion on this Easyjet shot, taken at Manchester in far from ideal conditions...done the best i can with the editing....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7754-2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	633.0 KB 
ID:	21553

    and....

    is this Delta A330 crop/motive acceptable?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1924.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	458.5 KB 
ID:	21554

  19. #119
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,455

    Default

    Hi,
    Easyjet has no chance of being accepted due to the poor contrast on a very common plane.

    Delta should be ok

    Regards
    Alex

  20. #120
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Can I just check the centering is ok on this Easyjet... I believe all else in check...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6289-5.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	616.7 KB 
ID:	21572
    Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •