Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 102

Thread: Dohwan Kim - editing advice

  1. #41
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
    How would I need to fix these photos?
    Attachment 22927
    Attachment 22928
    1. remove yellow color cast & editing halos
    2. not fixable

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Here's my re-edit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N927DN.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	630.7 KB 
ID:	22933
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N927DN.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	617.6 KB 
ID:	22932  

  3. #43
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
    Here's my re-edit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N927DN.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	630.7 KB 
ID:	22933
    Still very poor color. I'm guessing this was also shot through window glass.

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I took another shot at editing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N927DN.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	630.1 KB 
ID:	22937

  5. #45
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
    I took another shot at editing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N927DN.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	630.1 KB 
ID:	22937
    Still likely a color/contrast rejection.

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I tried improving the background color
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N927DN_3.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	740.2 KB 
ID:	22944

  7. #47
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
    I tried improving the background color
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N927DN_3.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	740.2 KB 
ID:	22944
    Definitely a reject for colour and noise.

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    59

    Default

    What fixes does this need?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N361DN_Cockpit.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	22949

  9. #49
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
    What fixes does this need?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N361DN_Cockpit.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	22949
    Exterior is a bit too bright; otherwise should be ok.

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I tried fixing it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N361DN_Cockpit.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	22954

  11. #51
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
    I tried fixing it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N361DN_Cockpit.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	22954
    Some areas still blown out, but don't think there is much else you can do.

  12. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    59

    Default

    How would this re-edit of an older shot fare?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N964DL_HeadOn.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	521.9 KB 
ID:	23030

  13. #53
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
    How would this re-edit of an older shot fare?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N964DL_HeadOn.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	521.9 KB 
ID:	23030
    Would certainly be rejected for cut off/centering, and probably color as well.

  14. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    59

    Default

    What improvements do I need to make for these photos?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N956UW.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	387.5 KB 
ID:	23059
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N836AE.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	485.2 KB 
ID:	23060
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N911DL.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	544.4 KB 
ID:	23061

  15. #55
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
    What improvements do I need to make for these photos?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N956UW.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	387.5 KB 
ID:	23059
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N836AE.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	485.2 KB 
ID:	23060
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N911DL.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	544.4 KB 
ID:	23061
    Don't think these images can be 'improved' if your goal is to have them accepted here.

  16. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    59

    Default

    How can these photos be fixed (if possible)? Please note that the 3rd photo is a tarmac photo.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0269-(1).jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	644.5 KB 
ID:	23173
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N500PG.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	806.3 KB 
ID:	23174
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KATL_Ramp.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	703.1 KB 
ID:	23175

  17. #57
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
    How can these photos be fixed (if possible)? Please note that the 3rd photo is a tarmac photo.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0269-(1).jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	644.5 KB 
ID:	23173
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N500PG.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	806.3 KB 
ID:	23174
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KATL_Ramp.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	703.1 KB 
ID:	23175
    1. contrast
    2. obstruction, borderline contrast/color
    3. soft, color, contrast, obstruction

  18. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    59

    Default

    The wingtip of the Challenger is in front of the prop, not the other way around. Also, here are some re-edits.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	591.6 KB 
ID:	23195
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N500PG.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	787.8 KB 
ID:	23196

  19. #59
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
    The wingtip of the Challenger is in front of the prop, not the other way around.
    In that case, just leave a note as it's not totally obvious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
    Also, here are some re-edits.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	591.6 KB 
ID:	23195
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N500PG.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	787.8 KB 
ID:	23196
    Better, but both still borderline for contrast.

  20. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    59

    Default

    What fixes are needed for this photo and would it be considered a night shot (taken during sunset)? Just FYI, this is an airport overview.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KCLE_Ramp.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	459.1 KB 
ID:	23237

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •