Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholas Hesler/NickFlightX - Editing Advise

Question,

There seems to be conflicting information. In the rejection photos page, it says 14 days they will remain, but if I click on the photo, it says 7 days. Can that be clarified.

Originally posted by nickflightx View Post
    Question,

There seems to be conflicting information. In the rejection photos page, it says 14 days they will remain, but if I click on the photo, it says 7 days. Can that be clarified.
    14 days from when the image was rejected.

Comment

Pre Screening/Editing Advise

I have this photo in the queue, it was shot through a window at Beijing, and it has these lines you can see if you check for dust but you cant see them when you just look at the photo.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Also would like a pre screening of this one too cause im on the fence about a few things with this.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks all.

Comment

I have this photo in the queue, it was shot through a window at Beijing, and it has these lines you can see if you check for dust but you cant see them when you just look at the photo.

Also would like a pre screening of this one too cause im on the fence about a few things with this.

Thanks all.
        Images already in the queue will not be prescreened.

Comment

Thanks all.
          Im not a screener/crew member however the first image seems like it may have some minor contrasting issues (if any) and the second looks to be soft, this is just my take on it and I could very well be wrong so I'd suggest removing both from the queue and re-requesting pre-screening advice from a screener or crew member.

Kindest Regards and best wishes,
          Jordan

Comment

Nicholas Hesler/NickFlightX - Editing Advise

Hello,

Starting up this thread like I have seen others do. How does this photo look?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9508.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1031251

Comment

Hello,

Starting up this thread like I have seen others do. How does this photo look?
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]19717[/ATTACH]
              Looks OK here.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Both would be rejected for soft, and first for contrast as well.

Comment

Would like some clarification on rejection.

I recently got this rejected, and I am confused by some of the rejections.

I don't really get the over processed rejection as dont see the over editing which usually shows when checking for dust. Would love to get advise so I can try and fix it.

And I was confused on the category one. I recall checking cargo for this aircraft, but apparently something else was missing.

Thanks

Comment

Even though I haven't screened your pic, from what I can see, yhere are some halos visible arount the tree line in the background and you probably have used too much noise reduction hence it is overprocessed.

The reg and rear section of the fuselage is bit blurry (I could have added soft too) and about the categories, if you say you heve checked cardo then you must have missed Night Shot (haven't screened it so not 100% sure about that).

I hope I have helped you.

Sotiris
                    https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

Comment

Definite haloes around the front, upper rear fuselage and treeline/horizon. Required categories are Night shot and cargo.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I'll second Sotos' and Brian's opinions. Whole aircraft looks blurry and there's haloing around the treeline and parts of the aircraft.
                        My profile: https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/110302

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/154462236@N03/
                        Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doughertyevan_/

Comment

Thanks for that guys! Ill try it again maybe sometime.

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                          Required categories are Night shot and cargo.
                          I am confused with this though. Why would I categorize it as a night shot when the sun was up?

Comment

Thanks for that guys! Ill try it again maybe sometime.

I am confused with this though. Why would I categorize it as a night shot when the sun was up?
                            I suggest you take a look at Upload Guidelines before anything else.

2.2 Categories - Night Shots

"This category should apply for photos taken at dawn, dusk and night. For Dusk and Dawn photos these should show a red-orange glow and long shadows."

Seems to describe the conditions in your image pretty well, doesn't it?

Comment

Interesting. Good to know. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X