No announcement yet.

Pre Screening Advice - Robbie Mathieson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, can I please get some advice on the following shots. Many Thanks, Robbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	VH-VYL1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	857.5 KB
ID:	1031374Click image for larger version

Name:	ZK-NZC.jpg
Size:	413.2 KB
ID:	1031375Click image for larger version

Name:	VH-VXJ.jpg
Size:	823.4 KB
ID:	1031376Click image for larger version

Name:	VH-VUR.jpg
Size:	886.2 KB
ID:	1031377

Comment

Originally posted by VH-ROB View Post
      Hi guys, can I please get some advice on the following shots. Many Thanks, Robbie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19867[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19868[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19869[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19870[/ATTACH]
      1. borderline oversharpened/compression
      2. borderline compression
      3. oversharpened, compression
      4. blurry

I'd recommend not uploading at 1920pix, since that makes the quality flaws much more apparent. #1-3 might stand a chance at a smaller resolution like 1200pix.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
        1. borderline oversharpened/compression
        2. borderline compression
        3. oversharpened, compression
        4. blurry

I'd recommend not uploading at 1920pix, since that makes the quality flaws much more apparent. #1-3 might stand a chance at a smaller resolution like 1200pix.
        Thanks. Regarding the compression, what can I do in my editing process to avoid this happening? I've just started using Lightroom in the last week or so, so I'm still learning how to use it properly. Many Thanks, Robbie

Comment

Thanks. Regarding the compression, what can I do in my editing process to avoid this happening? I've just started using Lightroom in the last week or so, so I'm still learning how to use it properly. Many Thanks, Robbie
          Most likely noise reduction settings; any kind of noise reduction applied to areas where there is a uniform color, or smooth gradient transitioning from lighter/darker areas like you find in blue skies will tend to leave the sky looking blotchy or compressed. That is assuming of course that you are also saving your images at maximum quality. If not, you'd want to start with the latter.

Comment

Hi guys, can I please get some pre-screening on this one. I appreciate that the weather at the time was atrocious, and I've done my best to get it relatively okay, but want to just double check before i waste a queue slot. Many Thanks, Robbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZK-OKT.jpg
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	1031468

Comment

Hi guys, can I please get some pre-screening on this one. I appreciate that the weather at the time was atrocious, and I've done my best to get it relatively okay, but want to just double check before i waste a queue slot. Many Thanks, Robbie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19989[/ATTACH]
              Robbie, this one is dark and also has contrast issues.

Comment

Light background and no light on a white plane, unfortunately there isn't much you can do in such conditions, definitely a contrast/dark rejection.

Regards
                Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                  Light background and no light on a white plane, unfortunately there isn't much you can do in such conditions, definitely a contrast/dark rejection.

Regards
                  Alex
                  No worries, thanks Alex

Comment

Hi all, after the discussion yesterday regarding flightdeck photography on anothe post, I've tried an edit on this one. Just seeking a second opinion before I upload it. Many Thanks, Robbie Click image for larger version

Name:	VH-YFF.jpg
Size:	730.5 KB
ID:	1031477

Comment

Hi all, after the discussion yesterday regarding flightdeck photography on anothe post, I've tried an edit on this one. Just seeking a second opinion before I upload it. Many Thanks, Robbie [ATTACH=CONFIG]20003[/ATTACH]
                      Soft (low DOF), and borderline (harsh) contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                        Soft (low DOF), and borderline (harsh) contrast.
                        The dlowwa, by harsh contrast do you mean too much yes?

Comment

The dlowwa, by harsh contrast do you mean too much yes?
                          Correct.

Comment

Hi guys, I've just had the following rejected for dust spots, however when equalized I can't find any dust-spots. Can someone please point me in the right direction of how to remove them. Many Thanks, Robbie.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys, I've just had the following rejected for dust spots, however when equalized I can't find any dust-spots. Can someone please point me in the right direction of how to remove them. Many Thanks, Robbie.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6983288
                              I would appeal it. I can't see any dust spots.
                              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                                I would appeal it. I can't see any dust spots.
                                Appealed, and accepted. Thanks Gerardo

Comment

Working...
                                X