Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Thread: Pre Screening Advice - Robbie Mathieson

  1. #21
    Member vcruvinel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Brasília, Brazil.
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH-ROB View Post
    Hi guys, can I please get some pre-screening on this one. I appreciate that the weather at the time was atrocious, and I've done my best to get it relatively okay, but want to just double check before i waste a queue slot. Many Thanks, Robbie

    Attachment 19989
    Robbie, this one is dark and also has contrast issues.

  2. #22
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Light background and no light on a white plane, unfortunately there isn't much you can do in such conditions, definitely a contrast/dark rejection.

    Regards
    Alex

  3. #23
    Member VH-ROB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    Light background and no light on a white plane, unfortunately there isn't much you can do in such conditions, definitely a contrast/dark rejection.

    Regards
    Alex
    No worries, thanks Alex

  4. #24
    Member VH-ROB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Hi all, after the discussion yesterday regarding flightdeck photography on anothe post, I've tried an edit on this one. Just seeking a second opinion before I upload it. Many Thanks, Robbie Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VH-YFF.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	730.5 KB 
ID:	20003

  5. #25
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH-ROB View Post
    Hi all, after the discussion yesterday regarding flightdeck photography on anothe post, I've tried an edit on this one. Just seeking a second opinion before I upload it. Many Thanks, Robbie Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VH-YFF.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	730.5 KB 
ID:	20003
    Soft (low DOF), and borderline (harsh) contrast.

  6. #26
    Member VH-ROB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Soft (low DOF), and borderline (harsh) contrast.
    The dlowwa, by harsh contrast do you mean too much yes?

  7. #27
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH-ROB View Post
    The dlowwa, by harsh contrast do you mean too much yes?
    Correct.

  8. #28
    Member VH-ROB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Hi guys, I've just had the following rejected for dust spots, however when equalized I can't find any dust-spots. Can someone please point me in the right direction of how to remove them. Many Thanks, Robbie.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6983288
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 10.30.24 am.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	20392  

  9. #29
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH-ROB View Post
    Hi guys, I've just had the following rejected for dust spots, however when equalized I can't find any dust-spots. Can someone please point me in the right direction of how to remove them. Many Thanks, Robbie.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6983288
    I would appeal it. I can't see any dust spots.

  10. #30
    Member VH-ROB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LX-A343 View Post
    I would appeal it. I can't see any dust spots.
    Appealed, and accepted. Thanks Gerardo

  11. #31
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH-ROB View Post
    Appealed, and accepted. Thanks Gerardo
    You're welcome!

  12. #32
    Member VH-ROB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Hi guys, can I please get some pre-screening on this one. I'm especially a bit unsure on whether or not it would be considered as similar to photo id 7775578.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VH-OEG.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	20699  

  13. #33
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH-ROB View Post
    Hi guys, can I please get some pre-screening on this one. I'm especially a bit unsure on whether or not it would be considered as similar to photo id 7775578.
    Would be rejected for oversharpened, cut off, and yes, similar.

  14. #34
    Member VH-ROB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Hi all, in reference to https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7085691

    how can I avoid getting compression rejections? There's nothing I've changed in my editing workflow that I feel would lead to a compression rejection. Only thing I can think of would be having uploaded at 1024 but I highly doubt that's the case. Many Thanks, Robbie

  15. #35
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH-ROB View Post
    Hi all, in reference to https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7085691

    how can I avoid getting compression rejections? There's nothing I've changed in my editing workflow that I feel would lead to a compression rejection. Only thing I can think of would be having uploaded at 1024 but I highly doubt that's the case. Many Thanks, Robbie
    Blotchy sky, but that's more an effect of shooting through a window than bad editing. I would ignore that particular rejection reason unless you start getting more and more of the same type, in which case bring back those examples to the forum.

  16. #36
    Member VH-ROB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Hi All, a few questions in regards to https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7161632.

    It's just been rejected for manipulation, and the rejection email states that the bottom shows signs of cloning. I'm assuming that the screener means the part on the left hand side? This is actually part of the airport perimeter fence, and obviously, if I was to clone it out, it would then be rejected fro manipulation. What would you suggest that I do in this instance? Would the photo be best left for my personal collection?

    Many Thanks, Robbie

  17. #37
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH-ROB View Post
    Hi All, a few questions in regards to https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7161632.

    It's just been rejected for manipulation, and the rejection email states that the bottom shows signs of cloning. I'm assuming that the screener means the part on the left hand side? This is actually part of the airport perimeter fence, and obviously, if I was to clone it out, it would then be rejected fro manipulation. What would you suggest that I do in this instance? Would the photo be best left for my personal collection?

    Many Thanks, Robbie
    Something has already been removed (or added) to the frame. There are very obvious repeating patterns in the grass directly below the nose indicative of cloning/manipulation. Perhaps you removed the fence in this version but didn’t mean to submit it. In any case, as the rejection email stated, this is not allowed and will result in further action if repeated in the future, so please take care with such editing in the future.

  18. #38
    Member VH-ROB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Hi guys, can I get a second opinion on this one please. I already have a photo of this aircraft in the database from this day, however the accepted photo is a take-off shot compared to this rejected landing shot. The upload guidelines state
    2.6 Similar - "a photo taken from the same sequence the same day e. landing, taxiing, ramp parking or take off"
    Now I could be reading the guidelines wrong, but I interpret that as meaning that 2x Take off shots would be rejected as similar, not 1 take off and 1 landing. Can you please confirm what the rule is. Many Thanks, Robbie

    Rejected photo (landing) - https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7205789
    Accepted photo (take-off) - https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9175846

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH-ROB View Post
    Hi guys, can I get a second opinion on this one please. I already have a photo of this aircraft in the database from this day, however the accepted photo is a take-off shot compared to this rejected landing shot. The upload guidelines state Now I could be reading the guidelines wrong, but I interpret that as meaning that 2x Take off shots would be rejected as similar, not 1 take off and 1 landing. Can you please confirm what the rule is. Many Thanks, Robbie

    Rejected photo (landing) - https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7205789
    Accepted photo (take-off) - https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9175846
    Hi Robbie,
    Correct rejection. You are misreading the guideline. Pick your best shot within the given same day/sequence.
    Regards T
    Last edited by 777MAN; 04-05-2019 at 10:46 AM.

  20. #40
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VH-ROB View Post
    Hi guys, can I get a second opinion on this one please. I already have a photo of this aircraft in the database from this day, however the accepted photo is a take-off shot compared to this rejected landing shot. The upload guidelines state Now I could be reading the guidelines wrong, but I interpret that as meaning that 2x Take off shots would be rejected as similar, not 1 take off and 1 landing. Can you please confirm what the rule is. Many Thanks, Robbie

    Rejected photo (landing) - https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7205789
    Accepted photo (take-off) - https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9175846
    While some same side take off/landing images might both be acceptable as they are technically different sequences, they would need to be quite different. Yours are very similar, so yes, the rejection was correct. If you want to be certain that 'similar' won't apply, the rule of one image per side in the air and one per side on the ground is generally useful. There may be exceptions, but as I stated, the images would need to be quite different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •