Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Thread: john1024 - prescreening request / editing advice

  1. #41
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john1024 View Post
    Dear Community
    I like to recive pre-screning advice: What could be an issue by following 4 pictures:
    Attachment 24928
    Attachment 24929
    Attachment 24930
    Attachment 24931
    thanks a lot in advance for feedback.
    First two bit soft, but generally ok; third looks like some kind of filter on the sky; last one heat hazed/compressed.

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Dear JP Form
    Again I like to ask your advice vor pre-screening. Sometimes I see these nice pictures in the evening mood with sunglear and even sometime backlight. I really like these ones. That's why I want to ask you if any of the following pictures has a chance to get accepted.
    What is the rule for backlight-sunset view's?


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190123_65_20-1101_B744_ZRH_cn24730.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	630.2 KB 
ID:	25077

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190328_344_B-6140_A380_LAX_cn120.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	521.4 KB 
ID:	25078

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8A3A7259.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	869.8 KB 
ID:	25079

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180301_009_B-HLL_A333_HGK_cn244.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	895.0 KB 
ID:	25080 (Halo?)

    Thanks in advance.

    John

  3. #43
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john1024 View Post
    Dear JP Form
    Again I like to ask your advice vor pre-screening. Sometimes I see these nice pictures in the evening mood with sunglear and even sometime backlight. I really like these ones. That's why I want to ask you if any of the following pictures has a chance to get accepted.
    What is the rule for backlight-sunset view's?


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190123_65_20-1101_B744_ZRH_cn24730.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	630.2 KB 
ID:	25077

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190328_344_B-6140_A380_LAX_cn120.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	521.4 KB 
ID:	25078

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8A3A7259.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	869.8 KB 
ID:	25079

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180301_009_B-HLL_A333_HGK_cn244.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	895.0 KB 
ID:	25080 (Halo?)

    Thanks in advance.

    John
    1. contrast, noise
    2. overprocessed, contrast, cut off
    3. ok
    4. vignetting, overprocessed, dirty

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Thanks dlowwa
    In general: Sometimes I see parts of the planes cut off. What is the acceptable rule to cut off parts of a plane? Is the second adjustable to be accepted?

    john

  5. #45
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john1024 View Post
    Thanks dlowwa
    In general: Sometimes I see parts of the planes cut off. What is the acceptable rule to cut off parts of a plane? Is the second adjustable to be accepted?

    john
    No rule, just aesthetics and logic. Your image has the engine cut on the left, but a lot of empty space on the right - and yet still cuts the stabilizer. Not only does it look unbalanced, it doesn't make sense. If you're going to cut the stabilizer, why leave so much dead space? If you want all that space, why not include the whole stabilizer?

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Would make one of those crops more sense?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190328_344_B-6140_A380_LAX_cn120-3.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	463.9 KB 
ID:	25154 Is it possible to cut the rudder of?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190328_344_B-6140_A380_LAX_cn120-2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	430.8 KB 
ID:	25155

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Hi,

    Both photo's regardless of crop are poor.

    If you are going to crop close on any airframe make it aesthetically balanced. Yes you can cut the tail (academic on your example).
    Regards T
    Last edited by 777MAN; 06-03-2019 at 09:05 PM.

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Dear JP Community
    Like to ask about a picture I like a lot, because it's the farewell of a Helvetic F100. Any chance to get these picture accepted? I know it's probably backlight, but it's a historic moment of the farewell ceremony. That's why I like to upload these picture.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190614_15_HB-JVG_F100_ZRH_cn11478.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	25919

    John

  9. #49
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john1024 View Post
    Dear JP Community
    Like to ask about a picture I like a lot, because it's the farewell of a Helvetic F100. Any chance to get these picture accepted? I know it's probably backlight, but it's a historic moment of the farewell ceremony. That's why I like to upload these picture.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190614_15_HB-JVG_F100_ZRH_cn11478.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	25919

    John
    Don't think backlighting is too much of an issue, though the contrast is borderline. Some heat haze visible, and not a fan of the crop of the vehicle performing the salute, personally.

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    31

    Default

    thanks for the feedback.
    so it's not impossible to get these accepted?
    I worked on the crop and would be great to get feedback what would be best and most likely get accepted.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fokker-farewell.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	615.3 KB 
ID:	25969
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190614_15_HB-JVG_F100_ZRH_cn11478-2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	876.8 KB 
ID:	25970
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190614_18_HB-JVG_F100_ZRH_cn11478.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	526.2 KB 
ID:	25971


    thanks

  11. #51
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john1024 View Post
    thanks for the feedback.
    so it's not impossible to get these accepted?
    I worked on the crop and would be great to get feedback what would be best and most likely get accepted.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fokker-farewell.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	615.3 KB 
ID:	25969
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190614_15_HB-JVG_F100_ZRH_cn11478-2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	876.8 KB 
ID:	25970
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190614_18_HB-JVG_F100_ZRH_cn11478.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	526.2 KB 
ID:	25971


    thanks
    For light & crop, I'd try the third one.

  12. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    31

    Default

    any chance to get one of the following picture accepted? if yo, what category would be the right one?

    thanks a lot for the help.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6Y7A2409.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	378.2 KB 
ID:	26194

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6Y7A2333.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	325.6 KB 
ID:	26195

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6Y7A2321.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	369.2 KB 
ID:	26196

  13. #53
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    Bieromunster Fly'in ?

    1: too far no chance
    2 : soft and lot of empty space
    3: this one maybe has a chance

    Regards
    Alex

  14. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Thanks Alex
    It was Zürifäscht.
    What CAtegory do I have to chese? What registration? There are many planes. Just one of them?

    Thanks

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •