Queue limit and hot photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queue limit and hot photos

It's just a proposal maybe you find it useful.
    JP has priority screening for new regs/liveries/airframes. An up to date image has value for FR24. Sometimes the photographer has a "hot photo" but has no empty queue slots. It's a problem especially when the queue is long. When you have the queue of 10 days or more and the first photo expected to be screened in 5 days. At the same time the last photo in he queue is already spent 4 days in the queue. The photographer has to choose: wait for 5 days with the hot photo to upload or delete one photo from the queue (loosing the time that that photo spent in the queue)... If the photographer decide to wait JP db, FR24, users will see an irrelevant image or "no image" all these days. Once I remember I even forget to upload a hot photo when the upload became enabled. After 6 monthes I found that it was still hot to my surprice.
    If hot photos are important for JP maybe it's possible to allow upload over queue limit for photos considered as hot? Thanks!

Nice proposal, but don't forget that it is not obligatory to use all the upload slots. You can always leave one open for a possible HOT picture. So if you are so eger to upload a HOT pic (in the benefit of Flightradar of course), then a sacrifice may be needed.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion- it is a good idea but I would be concerned about this opening up the hot photo functionality to abuse. We will add the idea to our backlog as something to look into in the future.

Thanks,
      Laurence

Comment

Originally posted by laurencefr24 View Post
        Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion- it is a good idea but I would be concerned about this opening up the hot photo functionality to abuse. We will add the idea to our backlog as something to look into in the future.

Thanks,
        Laurence
        Hi,
        This is not a problem because the hot photo is not in the database and you need to enter the data manually.
        However, it seems to me a good proposal

Comment

Originally posted by mahagonny View Post
          Hi,
          This is not a problem because the hot photo is not in the database and you need to enter the data manually.
          However, it seems to me a good proposal
          For new registrations this would work but it is also possible to manually enter a photo as hot on the upload page.

Comment

Originally posted by MAG View Post
            It's just a proposal maybe you find it useful.
            JP has priority screening for new regs/liveries/airframes. An up to date image has value for FR24. Sometimes the photographer has a "hot photo" but has no empty queue slots. It's a problem especially when the queue is long. When you have the queue of 10 days or more and the first photo expected to be screened in 5 days. At the same time the last photo in he queue is already spent 4 days in the queue. The photographer has to choose: wait for 5 days with the hot photo to upload or delete one photo from the queue (loosing the time that that photo spent in the queue)... If the photographer decide to wait JP db, FR24, users will see an irrelevant image or "no image" all these days. Once I remember I even forget to upload a hot photo when the upload became enabled. After 6 monthes I found that it was still hot to my surprice.
            If hot photos are important for JP maybe it's possible to allow upload over queue limit for photos considered as hot? Thanks!
            Hi, if I may quote "Sometimes the photographer has a "hot photo" but has no empty queue slots. It's a problem especially when the queue is long." Yes exactly. Upload what you feel is good, don't block you own queue with unnecessary rejects. The queue has been seriously reduced with hard work from unpaid volunteers. You must also understand that people upload 'hot' photos that are not, again and again which unfairly drop the normal screening queue back. If you are getting rejects blocking your slots, don't let them build up, use the well visited pre screen thread, loads of advice from very experienced screeners.

Comment

Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
              Hi, if I may quote "Sometimes the photographer has a "hot photo" but has no empty queue slots. It's a problem especially when the queue is long." Yes exactly. Upload what you feel is good, don't block you own queue with unnecessary rejects. The queue has been seriously reduced with hard work from unpaid volunteers. You must also understand that people upload 'hot' photos that are not, again and again which unfairly drop the normal screening queue back. If you are getting rejects blocking your slots, don't let them build up, use the well visited pre screen thread, loads of advice from very experienced screeners.
              I have used the pre-screen very often in recent times, but honestly I have to say that not always, indeed almost never, I have had the help to correct my photos. After the pre-screen very often the photos were still rejected.
              It could be a good help at the beginning, but then you have to use your consolidated technique for uploading.
              Sorry for my bad english

Comment

I have used the pre-screen very often in recent times, but honestly I have to say that not always, indeed almost never, I have had the help to correct my photos. After the pre-screen very often the photos were still rejected.
                It could be a good help at the beginning, but then you have to use your consolidated technique for uploading.
                Sorry for my bad english
                With all respect, I have responded as have Fellow screeners.

Have a honest look at your technique

regards T

Comment

Sorry for my bad english
                  Hello Enzo,

We really like to help our members to get their images accepted. But to be honest why should we know if you need help.
                  Small Example from most prescreening threads:

Q: "What do you think about?"
                  A: e.g: contrast, soft - we answered the question from above - what we think about the picture.

So its not fair at all to say "not always, almost never i get help to correct the photo" you havent asked for it then.

Good evening.
                  Best Regards from Germany,
                  Julian S.​

Comment

I apologize, I did not have intent offensive, indeed it is commendable work that is done on prescreening and in the forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X