No announcement yet.

chrislait - editing advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have significantly reduced the highlight / shadow editing on this version. Hope it has helped??

Thanks
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chrislait View Post
      I have significantly reduced the highlight / shadow editing on this version. Hope it has helped??

Thanks
      Chris
      Hi Chris,

Thats much better. I have done a before and after (equalised) to show you the difference. As I said, leave those sliders alone mate and you are good to go from here on. (hopefully )
      Regards T

Comment

Thanks T .. You are right, thats a huge difference. How did you "equalise" the photo? Is this a lightroom tool?

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks T .. You are right, thats a huge difference. How did you "equalise" the photo? Is this a lightroom tool?

Thanks again
          Hi Chris, glad its helped.

I did those comparison images in Photoshop just for illustrative purposes. Lightroom doesn't have the feature.

A good practice tip - when you upload an image(s) to jp go to manage my photos and check them using 'check dust' and 'histogram' The first, albeit more powerful than Photoshops 'equalise' will give u an indication of halos and CMOS spots etc. The latter potential contrast issues (see Dana's new sticky in the thread on contrast, a v.good read).

Regards T.

Comment

Hi. Just after some feedback on this rejection I received today. It was rejected for bad composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered) and under sharpened (soft).

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

After some feedback on the centering question. To move the crop to the left will cut the horizontal stabilizer off, to move it down will put the fuselage in the bottom third of the frame and if I widen the wisen the crop it risks being too small in the frame.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
            Chris

Comment

Hi. Just after some feedback on this rejection I received today. It was rejected for bad composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered) and under sharpened (soft).

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

After some feedback on the centering question. To move the crop to the left will cut the horizontal stabilizer off, to move it down will put the fuselage in the bottom third of the frame and if I widen the wisen the crop it risks being too small in the frame.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
              Chris
              Aircraft is already too low. Needs to be a bit higher.

Comment

No Problems .. Thanks. Personally I think this will leave too much space below the aircraft but I am happy to edit to meet the requirements of the site.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi and Happy New Year!

Just after some advice on this image please.

Thanks
                  Chirs

Comment

Hi and Happy New Year!

Just after some advice on this image please.

Thanks
                    Chirs
                    Image is backlit. This can't be fixed.

Comment

Thanks. I thought that but I was hoping it wasn't. All good ...

Comment

also after some feedback on this Korean 787-9 too please.

Thanks

Comment

also after some feedback on this Korean 787-9 too please.

Thanks
                          Backlit, no chance to get it fixed.
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi All

Just after some pre screen feedback on this Qantas 737. I am hoping that the aircraft is in focus.

Thanks
                            Chris

Comment

Hi All

Just after some pre screen feedback on this Qantas 737. I am hoping that the aircraft is in focus.

Thanks
                              Chris
                              Appears to be in focus, but crop is too wide and borderline contrast/backlit.

Comment

Thanks .. I'll bring the crop in and look at the contrast and see how it looks.

Comment

Working...
                                X