Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cause of AF1441 touch-and-go at CDG on Nov 27th, 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cause of AF1441 touch-and-go at CDG on Nov 27th, 2018?

On Nov 27th, 2018, an Air France Airbus A321-212, registration F-GTAZ, performed flight AF1441 AMS-CDG.

Arriving at CDG the plane's main gear had already touched the runway when a re-start was initiated by the flight crew. After flying one circle the plane landed without further event on the same runway.

During the circle the flight crew announced to the passengers that the go-around happenend because something was on the runway, without any further explanations.

AVherald does not cover this case yet.

How to find out more details? I would like to get to know how serious the situation was.
    Is there a public database where reports about incidents are filed and accessible?

SpaceDoc

Originally posted by SpaceDoc View Post
    On Nov 27th, 2018, an Air France Airbus A321-212, registration F-GTAZ, performed flight AF1441 AMS-CDG.

Arriving at CDG the plane's main gear had already touched the runway when a re-start was initiated by the flight crew. After flying one circle the plane landed without further event on the same runway.

During the circle the flight crew announced to the passengers that the go-around happenend because something was on the runway, without any further explanations.

How to find out more details? I would like to get to know how serious the situation was.
    Is there a public database where reports about incidents are filed and accessible?

SpaceDoc
    Go awound, go awound. There is a wabbit on the wonway!

Comment

SpaceDoc

Parbleu! A rabbit!

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
        Go awound, go awound. There is a wabbit on the wonway!
        Still, getting the mains on the runway before spotting 'something' there seems fairly serious, no? Late go around? Too little separation?

Where do you stand on continuing past DH on an ample runway where the plane ahead has not yet vacated?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
          Still, getting the mains on the runway before spotting 'something' there seems fairly serious, no? Late go around? Too little separation?

Where do you stand on continuing past DH on an ample runway where the plane ahead has not yet vacated?
          Oh, Dear Krishna, this should be good!

Comment

Maybe they just touched down too far down the runway. What was the weather like? I think if they touched too far down, didn't like the length left to stop and decided to go around, doesn't seem that serious to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Schwartz View Post
              Maybe they just touched down too far down the runway. What was the weather like? I think if they touched too far down, didn't like the length left to stop and decided to go around, doesn't seem that serious to me?
              That was my first though went we went up again. I would not be alarmed by this. [Weather was not that bad, overcast, but the runway clear under the clouds.]

But then: the pilot announced that we had to go around because 'there was something on the runway'. :-/

Therefore my question: finding out what was there and how serious/dangerous this actually was.

SpaceDoc

Comment

That was my first though went we went up again. I would not be alarmed by this. [Weather was not that bad, overcast, but the runway clear under the clouds.]

But then: the pilot announced that we had to go around because 'there was something on the runway'. :-/

Therefore my question: finding out what was there and how serious/dangerous this actually was.

SpaceDoc
                Sounds like you were extraordinarily lucky to have escaped with your very lives, what with having been both on an Airbus and on Air France.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                  Sounds like you were extraordinarily lucky to have escaped with your very lives, what with having been both on an Airbus and on Air France.
                  And a giant wabbit on the wonway!

Comment

.....and ATC asking “Hmmm, what’s up doc ?”
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

SpaceDoc
                      Might have sighted something, some debris perhaps, and played it safe. Anything large should have prompted the go-around while still in the air. Did the plane derotate (nose gear down) or did it just touch the main gear?

Comment

Might have sighted something, some debris perhaps, and played it safe. Anything large should have prompted the go-around while still in the air. Did the plane derotate (nose gear down) or did it just touch the main gear?
                        derotate, I like it! Although I do not believe it is a real word. But if the President can make up words I guess it's okay for you as well.

Comment

Or did it at least start to derotate, and if so, how far did the NLG make it down? How many AOA probes were operational? What was the status of guarded switches?

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                            derotate, I like it! Although I do not believe it is a real word. But if the President can make up words I guess it's okay for you as well.
                            I guess there's always more to learn:

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                              .....and ATC asking “Hmmm, what’s up doc ?”

Comment

Working...
                              X