Thread: Just for LH

Default Just for LH

One of your favorite fly boy's retires. https://www.flyingmag.com/an-airline-pilots-last-trip

Less Moustature.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

I wonder how long he'll stay as a contributor at Flying. I recall Tom Block stayed on a few years after retirement. To me, the biggest issue with Les' articles was/is that they're not about flying, they're about Les.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLcrew View Post
    I wonder how long he'll stay as a contributor at Flying. I recall Tom Block stayed on a few years after retirement. To me, the biggest issue with Les' articles was/is that they're not about flying, they're about Les.
    And they tend to be Les informed.

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    One of your favorite fly boy's retires. https://www.flyingmag.com/an-airline-pilots-last-trip
    Are you allowed to always confuse me. And if yes, who cleared this confusion. To avoid misunderstandings, you opened a topic for me. Not really.

First of all, I really thought, what the hell is he inventing now again.. But then I saw the year that stands as a rock behind this magazine, 1927. Then I decided to open the link.

Less Moustache is not always good for aviation. He gathered how many flight hours as a jetpilot? I'd guess, that must be a number which I'll dream of if somebody now whispers it. At least I have a rough guess, which makes me say wow.
    LH also has a intercontinental history, the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955.
    A/C type: Lockheed Super Constellation.
    The airline code since a few weeks is no longer LH, but the operator stays the same on the DUS - NYC route ...

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years. A whole decade here on this platform.