Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with photos being rejected due to "dark/underexposed"

Hi all,
    I've been trying to post an image of a Cessna 337E Skymaster however it has been rejected twice for being "dark/underexposed".
    I'll walk you through what happened:
    (first attachment)

I upload this image and it gets rejected for "dark/underexposed"
    Fair enough.
    So, I head back into the editor and brighten it up:
    (second attachment)

Once again, it is rejected for being "dark/underexposed"
    Bare in mind this is the only reason this image was rejected however after appealing a screener told me that it was "slightly dark, in addition also slightly leaning to the left."
    So, as I have ran out of queue slots, I thought I would post my re-re-edited shot on this forum, and I'd love to to know if you think if it will pass screening once I get my slots back:
    (third attachment)

Also, please bare in mind that this is a first registration shot, and that the hangar doors in the background were all crooked meaning I had to rely on my camera's leveller. Oh, and I'm fairly new around here so please be nice
    Thanks for any assistance!
    Regards,
    Ben Long https://www.jetphotos.com/photograph...erm=Ben%20Long
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ben Long; 2018-12-09, 05:20. Reason: clarity

Originally posted by Ben Long View Post
    Hi all,
    I've been trying to post an image of a Cessna 337E Skymaster however it has been rejected twice for being "dark/underexposed".
    I'll walk you through what happened:
    (first attachment)

I upload this image and it gets rejected for "dark/underexposed"
    Fair enough.
    So, I head back into the editor and brighten it up:
    (second attachment)

Once again, it is rejected for being "dark/underexposed"
    Bare in mind this is the only reason this image was rejected however after appealing a screener told me that it was "slightly dark, in addition also slightly leaning to the left."
    So, as I have ran out of queue slots, I thought I would post my re-re-edited shot on this forum, and I'd love to to know if you think if it will pass screening once I get my slots back:
    (third attachment)

Also, please bare in mind that this is a first registration shot, and that the hangar doors in the background were all crooked meaning I had to rely on my camera's leveller. Oh, and I'm fairly new around here so please be nice
    Thanks for any assistance!
    Regards,
    Ben Long https://www.jetphotos.com/photograph...erm=Ben%20Long
    Only the first attachment is upload size, so can only comment on that, and yes it is underexposed. This is easily seen by checking the histogram:

Click image for larger version

Name:	histogram.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1031687

The gap on the right edge indicates underexposure.

Comment

The third shot is not straight still. Level it so the hangar doors are going straight up and down. This is what screeners look at.

Comment

Working...
      X