Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All arrivals and departures halted at LGW due to drones "flying over the runway"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done to all involved.....

Now, bang the bastards up for a LOOOONG time !
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

You have already declared them guilty?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
        You have already declared them guilty?
        Naturally, assuming that they are found guilty after due process of law. This kind of activity must be stamped on hard with substantial prison sentences.
        If you think about it, just 5 people could bring the country to a standstill by flying drones over Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton, Stansted and Manchester at the same time.
        Members of my family were directly affected by these Gatwick assholes, costing them a couple of thousand pounds and a cancelled Christmas short break. They don’t have much money and had saved for 3 years to make their trip so right now I’m ready to remove body parts were I to get my hands on the assholes who did this !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

Put away the flaming rakes, fellow peasants. They weren't the drones we're looking for. They have been cleared from suspicion and released.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
            Put away the flaming rakes, fellow peasants. They weren't the drones we're looking for. They have cleared from suspicion and released.
            Whoops. I call for more regulation.
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I am starting to be glad I am retired for the first time! Well maybe the second or third time.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                I am starting to be glad I am retired for the first time! Well maybe the second or third time.
                What? Do you plane to retire a second time? (I'm joking)

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

It wouldn’t completely surprise me if there had been no drone at all. We have no proof of anything other than sightings by members of the public or airport staff, and this website has been rightly sceptical of “witness” evidence in the past. Not impressed so far by the skills of the airport authorities and local law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                    Put away the flaming rakes, fellow peasants. They weren't the drones we're looking for. They have cleared from suspicion and released.
                    Oh well, on to plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                      It wouldn’t completely surprise me if there had been no drone at all. We have no proof of anything other than sightings by members of the public or airport staff, and this website has been rightly sceptical of “witness” evidence in the past. Not impressed so far by the skills of the airport authorities and local law enforcement.
                      The dumbass buzzed the tower and held it there blinking its little lights at them. So we can rule out geniuses. Now they know the make and model of the drone, which, as it turns out, was only sold to a small number of people. Start building the gallows.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                        What? Do you plane to retire a second time? (I'm joking)
                        I was referring to other things that I do not miss. Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year Gabriel.

Comment

I don’t think we do know any of that with actual verifiable certainty. I mean, regarding buzzing the tower, make and model, and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                            I don’t think we do know any of that with actual verifiable certainty. I mean, regarding buzzing the tower, make and model, and all that.
                            Well I wasn't there, but the news doth tell me that it hovered very near and the tower personnel gave description enough to nail the make/model and that is it not a wildly popular one.

Comment

Working...
                            X