South America departure/arrival times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South America departure/arrival times

I was looking at flight in South America and a lot seem to have departure time such as 10:23, 11:44 etc. I have never seem this in Europe or Asia where the minutes are rounded up. Is there a reason for providing such an exact time in S.America?

Let me have a rough guess. That's the new precision, we receive clearance for t/o not for 0810z, but for 0810z and 33 seconds...

Not really. Are you sure that you don't confuse the official time slot with the moment when the PF says 'rotate' ?

Let's take the LH #075, announced for 0855 local. They left the ground here at 0901 local.

0855 is the time when officially the doors are closed. 0901 is what the Control Tower writes down. Which is not bad. A tolerance of six minutes for 100 nautical miles!

PS: This weekend really seems to be a good one. Often sunday is a workday, but not always. Welcome to the EDDL Frühschoppen. Morning Pint? In rare occasions, the German word really seems more charming, doesn't it.
    We should switch to the Genovese expression.. bevuta mattutina. E l'ultimo giro (last orders for this sunday morning..)
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2019-01-20, 09:22. Reason: Frühschoppen. In English:
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
    X