Thread: New rejection policy ?

Default New rejection policy ?

The general average acceptance ratio was between 50 and 60% last autumn, and is nowadays under 40%.

1/ The quality of proposed images fell significantly down ?
    2/ The rejection policy has been recently hardened ?

We see for instance since a few days appear byzantine discussions about small degree fractions of horizon level in photos where there is no indisputable reference...

New criteria ?
    New screeners ?
    Sudden appearance of a great laxity among spotters ?

Statistics would be interesting.

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Quote Originally Posted by zomeu View Post
    The general average acceptance ratio was between 50 and 60% last autumn, and is nowadays under 40%.
    Do you have a source for those numbers? There has been no 10-20% drop in the average acceptance ratio anytime in the past year (or ever). The average acceptance ratio in Sept/18 was 60.4%. So far this month, it is 59.5%, a difference of less than one percent.

Perhaps you are referring to your own personal acceptance ratio? In that case, I can't say what is causing your problems.

The only policy we've changed since last summer is how we deal with similars/doubles in the queue. We now reject the first image automatically if there is a similar in the queue, and for double images, both are automatically rejected. This affects a very small number ( ~0.1%) of the images in the queue.

I have no monthly figures, just the "period".
    It seemed to me it was generally between 50 and 60%

Current results :

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Quote Originally Posted by zomeu View Post
    I have no monthly figures, just the "period".
    It seemed to me it was generally between 50 and 60%

Current results :

I see you are getting that from the queue status page. I actually have no idea what that number refers to, as it doesn't match the statistics for for any period I can think of or find. 750 images will typically take 4-6 hours to screen, so yeah, really no idea. The actual acceptance ratio for the past 7 days is 60.4% (out of 11170 images screened), and yesterday it was 62.35% (out of 3955) so I'm sorry, but your whole post is based on incorrect facts.

Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    your whole post is based on incorrect facts.
    Only based on facts given by JP's system...
    Sorry.
    OK, Dlowwa, thank's a lot for these precisions.
    Topic closed.

You need to switch the pulldown from last 7 days to last months. This shows the number of pics screened that have been up-loaded in the last 7 days. As the queue is still a bit longer, you basically see the results for all pics up-loaded as hot in the last 7 days and there are many pics up-loaded as hot, that are simply selected as such by mistake and therefore rejected for invalid hot.

These numbers are misleading.
    You selected "Photo Queue" for the past 7 days. It will show you a list with nr of photos uploaded, not yet screened, in screening and processed for each of the past 7 days.
    The "750" in your example shows only the number of photos screened in this selection. But we screen older photos, uploaded 8 and more days ago. While screening these, we come across many hot photos, which are rejected for invalid hot.
    To get a more accurate number, select 14 or 30 days in the dropdown. YOu will see that the acceptance rate is around 60%. BTW, the acc. rate has been between 60-65% since beginning of Jetphotos!!!!

Well...
    Here the statistics based on the last 7 days, the last 14 days, and the last month.

According to what I see, in the last seven days it's really a little lower than usual, but based on the past two weeks and the month, it's about the same, a little under 60 percent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7 Days.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	21397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14 Days.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	21398   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Last month.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	21399  

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Quote Originally Posted by seahawk View Post
    You need to switch the pulldown from last 7 days to last months. This shows the number of pics screened that have been up-loaded in the last 7 days. As the queue is still a bit longer, you basically see the results for all pics up-loaded as hot in the last 7 days and there are many pics up-loaded as hot, that are simply selected as such by mistake and therefore rejected for invalid hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by LX-A343 View Post
    These numbers are misleading.
    You selected "Photo Queue" for the past 7 days. It will show you a list with nr of photos uploaded, not yet screened, in screening and processed for each of the past 7 days.
    The "750" in your example shows only the number of photos screened in this selection. But we screen older photos, uploaded 8 and more days ago. While screening these, we come across many hot photos, which are rejected for invalid hot.
    To get a more accurate number, select 14 or 30 days in the dropdown. YOu will see that the acceptance rate is around 60%. BTW, the acc. rate has been between 60-65% since beginning of Jetphotos!!!!
    Ha..I learned something today

Quote Originally Posted by ErezS View Post
    According to what I see, in the last seven days it's really a little lower than usual,
    Did you read the two posts above yours? They easily explain why it's not actually "a little lower than usual".