Thread: Germania bankrupty

Another sad aviation news.

If you one fine day will be here on this platform since more than a decade, you could say, we've seen it coming.

But why. Are airlines who are younger than me not able to survive?! That's my topic since I am here on the jetphotos platform. AB (July 1978 - 2017), and AB tried to delete the name LTU (1955 - 2008_) from the skies?! Not really. Hit me before I overheat again.

Now Germania (1986 - 2019). Their mistake was not to try to delete a more than 50 year old name from the skies. So, what happened. Too cheap?

Imho, in Germany nobody (!) is able to sell an international flight for 1,- Euro. Nobody. You can try something like that, but then you lie, and then your airline dies.

'Ein kurzfristiger Finanzbedarf konnte nicht gedeckt werden.', they said. In English, they sold their tickets too cheap.
    LH also has a intercontinental history, the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955.
    A/C type: Lockheed Super Constellation.
    The airline code since a few weeks is no longer LH, but the operator stays the same on the DUS - NYC route ...

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years. A whole decade here on this platform.