No announcement yet.

First reg badge on different MSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But to return to the question and not to argue. If first registration is intended the registration of the name and not of the plane, what is the point of adding the SN / CN? In the case of Pilatus (but I think of all manufacturers), these use recordings, i.e. "temporary" until the aircraft is delivered. If a photographer has a shot of this while leaving the hangar, it seems right that his luck is rewarded (after all you have provided this type of award for the first shot). Now, I do not want to get it wrong because my English sucks. If so, please forgive me.

Comment

As we must do it manually every time and manufacturer used registrations are meant to be used by constantly changing frames, it simply saves us some time, that is better used for screening photos.

Comment

I apologize, but I do not understand this answer well.

Comment

Originally posted by mahagonny View Post
          what is the point of adding the SN / CN?
          Given that the avgeeks live by the registration, like "hey I caught D-EINS", and not like "hey I caught 46-8508106", it makes more sense to award the "new registration".
          The SN is recorded in the database to track the history of a single airframe. If the aircraft would be re-registered to "M-EINS" but still be 46-8508106, one could keep track.

You are welcome Alex, exactly as you say. Just a tiny tiny tiny bit more accurate now

Comment

This was clear to me. It was a rhetorical question.
            So every different reg. but with the same MSN is new reg.
            The opposite is not the same: Equal reg. but different MSN different aircraft.

Comment

Working...
            X