X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11H of priority screening and lost of "first reg"

Hello,
    today it's happening something strange. I got a new Laudamotion reg (OE-LOJ) and I uploaded it as I came back home from the airport. The photo went immediately "currently in screening" but I'm still waiting, 10:30H later, for the screening result.... but I got one result!!
    Someone uploaded it 4 hours later and I lost my "first reg badge" because of this never ending "currently in screening".
    Now, you may think that I don't care if I get the badge or no, that I just care about the uploaded photo; that's wrong. This morning I went to the airport (80km) JUST for taking this new reg. And what I got? That someone got it while my photo is still in the "currently screening"? If you wanna cross-check the times I uploaded the photo at around 12:45 and at that time the aircraft was flying from VIE to VLC, without any photo ofc.
    If my photo has some problem why just don't reject it immediately and so I fix and send it again and gain my badge? I would have spent all the 20 slots to get it.
    It may seems a childish complaint but that badge was mine as I did everything to get it and YOU just "ignored" it and gave it to someone else.
    I really feel robbed now.

Regards,
    Tombarelli Federico

It's happened to me before too, I feel your pain. Sucks, but not much you can do about it other than double check your photo for any little flaws before uploading to have the best chance of it getting accepted quickly. I'm still working on that!

Comment

Originally posted by wamozart View Post
      Hello,
      today it's happening something strange. I got a new Laudamotion reg (OE-LOJ) and I uploaded it as I came back home from the airport. The photo went immediately "currently in screening" but I'm still waiting, 10:30H later, for the screening result.... but I got one result!!
      Someone uploaded it 4 hours later and I lost my "first reg badge" because of this never ending "currently in screening".
      Now, you may think that I don't care if I get the badge or no, that I just care about the uploaded photo; that's wrong. This morning I went to the airport (80km) JUST for taking this new reg. And what I got? That someone got it while my photo is still in the "currently screening"? If you wanna cross-check the times I uploaded the photo at around 12:45 and at that time the aircraft was flying from VIE to VLC, without any photo ofc.
      If my photo has some problem why just don't reject it immediately and so I fix and send it again and gain my badge? I would have spent all the 20 slots to get it.
      It may seems a childish complaint but that badge was mine as I did everything to get it and YOU just "ignored" it and gave it to someone else.
      I really feel robbed now.

Regards,
      Tombarelli Federico
      Hi Tombarelli Federico,

I’m sorry to hear that you feel bad about a photo stuck in queue for 11h. We are always happy with people contributing to expand the JP database and that’s why we have the hot-photo queue. The opinion of our screening crew is also that the main goal of spotting should be: fun. In our opinion the main goal should not be: go to the airport, photograph a new aircraft and drive home as quickly as you can to be the first to upload a hot photo. That’s a bit what I taste in your explanation but I can be wrong.
      Your particular photo was sent for senior review because the first screener was unsure about it. Since we have far less senior screeners than regular screeners it can take some time (and please don’t forget we are all volunteers).
      Last edited by Sandra; 2019-02-09, 08:13.

Comment

I agree with Sandra: fun first of all. I believe, however, that if your photo was uploaded before, if accepted, it should be first and therefore worthy of the badge.
        Sorry for my bad english
        Ciao Federico.

Comment

First of all I wanna thank you all for your reply.
          The fact isn't that this is a "competition" and I'm not having fun in taking photos, if I could I would spend every day at the airport. I live near Bologna that is an airport without any great surprises or different movements, it's quite always "the same". So as I saw the possibility of taking a new reg I just felt good and wanted to take it cuz I like very much the badge system and this encourage me more in going and find some new regs, also for the DB growing.
          Again, this isn't an offensive post or whatever, I know that you screeners are people and not robots living in front of the screen looking at the thousands and thousands photos, but I feel a bit betrayed with that long waiting queue and I lost the small joy that having that badge, that in fact I deserve, would have gave me.
          So, I ask if you can give it to me and we close here the discussion. In my opinion it will be right, I hope you can understand.

Regards and keep up the good, hard work
          Federico

Comment

Ok, I understand your point, however - put yourself in place of photographer who got the badge you are asking for...
            How could he/she could known that someone else uploaded the hot pic already? First accepted new reg gets the badge, not first uploaded to the queue. As Sandra mentioned - if screener gets any doubts - he may send the pic to Seniors - who - as separate screening process - review the picture in question. Now - with thousands pics screened per day - imagine that there are several pics in senior screeners review and it is not monitored constantly. All of us screen in our free time, voluntarily, it's not the primary and only job for any of us. Seniors also have lots of additional tasks around JP.
            Hope you understand that.
            We are all here because we love aviation and photography. Let's keep it as fun and hobby, not competition. I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to get a badge, we have few of them
            Cheers!
            Tom

Comment

I don't agree. Just reject it with the doubt and I will upload it again with the correction needed/mentioned by the screener.
              Mine photo wasn't the first accepted BUT IT SHOULD BE, the fault isn't mine, it's YOURS. You reject, I upload again, maybe I use all my slots? It's fine. I'll try again and again to get it. This time you just delayed my photo and I lost the badge. So why put the priority queue?
              "put yourself in place of photographer who got the badge you are asking for...", this would never happen if you just treat a priority screening like it should be treated.
              So, what can we do now? Ask for the other photographer if it's fine for him to just give me what I deserve?
              "We are all here because we love aviation and photography. Let's keep it as fun and hobby, not competition." You are just ignoring this. YOU are making this a competition with your delays. The badge is mine. STOP.

Comment

Well, this is a first ! Someone complaining because their picture was sent for a second chance screening instead of just being rejected possibly unfairly. I think you need to take a chill pill mate !
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

The best thing in the world is the crazyness of people, don't you agree?
                  I know it sounds strange a complaint to an accepted photos but try to understand me, I REALLLY like getting badges. Don't you feel strange arguing for a simple blue spot next to an image?
                  Let's get to the point. If you make a mistake and you can repair it why don't do it. Sincerely talking, as I put in queue the photo 4 hours before him, it's fair that he has the badge and I don't?
                  Maybe you don't care about badges as much as I do, but we are going into a different level. I'm really taking this as a disparity of treatment because we all know that I was the first and you aren't doing anything to repair this.
                  Just say sorry to him and give me what I deserve, you can do it whenever you want. Maybe he doesn't care about badges and won't even notice it.

How many times did you make mistakes and repaired it with removing photo/badges and so on? Weare humans and we make mistakes, I think it's simple to repair this and we will end this show
                  Federico

Comment

wamozart,

I understand your frustration with racing to the airport just to get a photo of an acft not in the database only to discover that you've been beaten by someone by a few hours, I really do.

But you should be proud only of the fact that you took the photo, and of the fact that it's been accepted into the database! This autumn I raced to get the new S7 737 MAX which was delivered only a few days ago only to discover it took off from a different runway and the photo ended up being backlit and I couldn't get it into the database. But the sole fact that I did it makes me proud of myself.

Don't chase after badges, after all they're nothing than a set of pixels. They really don't mean as much as you think. Waiting to get your photo screened is frustrating, but the screeners are trying their best to maintain the photo quality standards, and sometimes it takes longer than usual.

Comment

This isn't the same situation, here the photo was fine as they accepted it and I had 4-5 hours advantage. They just kept it for 18H more or less and I lost the badge. If they reject it immediately I could fix it, if they accept it immediately I'm fine and no one makes this post.
                      Also, I don't think is fair to accept the photo of someone else and giving him the badge while mine is under screening. This is a counter-sense to the concept of priority itself.

Comment

Also, I don't think is fair to accept the photo of someone else and giving him the badge while mine is under screening. This is a counter-sense to the concept of priority itself.
                        We are group of ~30 screeners, how can I know what pics are in screening by others before I screen any photo?
                        All your own arguments are against you, especially with this offensive tone.

Comment

What is against me? I really don't get what is against me when I'm the one that got robbed. You, read, YOU, delayed this PRIORITY for 18H and someone stole it. What is against me? What should I do more than uploading the photo and waiting 18H for a priority? 18 hours for a priority....... umh... well prioritized I think. Just delete priority function if it doesn't work.

And I'm the one with the arguments against me, ok...
                          it's so hard to admit your mistake and repair?

As your friend suggested, maybe is better if you all take a good chill and rest a bit, It seems like you are all very confused
                          Maybe we just don't talk the same language

Comment

What is against me? I really don't get what is against me when I'm the one that got robbed. You, read, YOU, delayed this PRIORITY for 18H and someone stole it. What is against me? What should I do more than uploading the photo and waiting 18H for a priority? 18 hours for a priority....... umh... well prioritized I think. Just delete priority function if it doesn't work.

And I'm the one with the arguments against me, ok...
                            it's so hard to admit your mistake and repair?

As your friend suggested, maybe is better if you all take a good chill and rest a bit, It seems like you are all very confused
                            Maybe we just don't talk the same language
                            As it seems, this is just your tone, same as in your absolutely out of tone appeals.

Anyway, just one remark from my side: your photo has been screened by a screener, he sent it to the senior screening team, as he saw something dubious. As mentioned above, there are not many seniors and it can take some hours until a senior screens these photos. Meanwhile another photographer uploaded a photo, which didn't show anything dubious and it got accepted. Now, think carefully and tell us where we did something wrong and robbed anything.
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

If you don't stuck my photo for 18 hours I can upload it again and get what I deserve. So next time I will upload 15 shots of the same ac to be sure that at least one will be screened in a decent "priority" time, is this what I have to do? I don't think so. As you are busy with your life and do this as voulounters I have my things to do in my life outside spotting, no one is arguing on that.
                              I know that for you a badge is a minor issue, maybe you don't care at all, BUT I really care. The main reasons why I like this website are 2, the map and the badges. The first badge system motivate me to follow more airplanes and explore more airports to get them. I'm really happy, trust me, when I get a new reg. You can't feel what I feel when I know that I have shotted a new reg. But with all your replies you are demotivating me on doing that.

Anyway, before complaining for my tones, I think you should look at yours. How dare him to say "take a chill"? And your replies are just for mocking me. No one is really answering properly, you just start to talk about things totally different from this post topic.
                              Also, if you see at the first posts I was really calm because I thought that we could resolve this easily, but you are getting me really upset and sorry if I'm a bit aggressive but I really feel denied.

Let's make an exemple. You call the restaurant and order a pizza for the 7:00. At 6:55 you arrive at the restaurant and the chef put your pizza in the oven. While it's coocking here come another guy at restaurant, order your same pizza and when the one in the oven is ready they give it to him nevertheless you ordered it hours before. How will you feel?
                              Meditate guys, meditate....

Comment

Working...
                              X